DaQuan Jeffries

School: Tulsa
    Position: SF/SG
    Height: 6-foot-5
    Weight: 215.6
    Wingspan: 6-foot-11.25
    Draft Range: 28 to undrafted
    Combine Results? Yes

Why: Very good athlete with a powerful build (3.9% body fat at combine). Explosive leaper (won the college slam dunk contest) who masterfully uses his long arms and big hands to finish with authority. High IQ player on both ends, particularly defensively. Team defense rotations are lightning quick. Decent ball-handler, can pass a bit and doesn't make many mistakes. Shoots pretty well: 61.2% on twos, 36.6% on threes and 75.5% at the line. Starred in same tournament (PIT) where Derrick White was discovered; wore No. 2 at Tulsa because of Kawhi.

Why Not: Played as a four at Tulsa. At 6-foot-5 (6-foot-4 without shoes), he'll have to at least have to slide up to the three if not the two. Played in a zone defense so it's difficult to assess how his man-on-man defense will translate to the NBA; his feet may not be quick enough to defend guards. Perimeter skills on both ends a work in progress. Has some flaws in his fundamentals that are concerning considering he was a senior.

Spurs Fit: Will need some time in Austin to work on his guard skills. Could be ready sooner than most to play a backup role due to his physical tools and high basketball IQ. Long-term, the goal would be turn him into a switchable three.

Spurs Comparison - Ceiling: Athletic Mario Elie

Spurs Comparison - Floor: Dell Demps

College Stats
    Highlight Video
    CBB Today Profile
    The Stepien Profile

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Merely a summer league invite at this point unless he wowed in workouts. Seems like he definitely Gleague or Europe.
    The mario Elie comparisons seem accurate, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Spurs could use some toughness

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be a decent pick at 49.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scrub

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Athletic elie huh!?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he goes undrafted pick him up for training camp and see if he shows something or sign him to the G-League team

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    High IQ...with superb athleticism? One site has him as THE most underrated prospect. I could see him at 29 much more than others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://cbbtoday.com/nba-draft/favor...quan-jeffries/

The review sounds too good to be true, but the author seems not just respectable but quite astute.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lightning quick rotations is needed, just sayin, but 6’5”? Ugh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd easily take him as a replacement for Forbes or Mills, but even in this "positionless" era, I doubt it would work to have a roster of 15 guards. Somebody would have to go.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lightning quick rotations is needed, just sayin, but 6’5”? Ugh
    If he was 2 or 3 inches taller he would be picked in the teens imo. You can't have everything at #29.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    High IQ...with superb athleticism? One site has him as THE most underrated prospect. I could see him at 29 much more than others.
    Jeffries is all over the place. He's as high as 28 or 29 (TheRinger, CBB Today) and then other sites don't even have him listed as a prospect (not even in the Tankathon prospect database, for example). ESPN has him at 44 on their Big Board and going 43 in their latest mock draft.

If the Spurs are sold on him, they probably have to pull the trigger at 29.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m drinking Kool-Aid and telling people to get off my lawn when I say, screw it, let’s grab him at 19 assuming no one else better has fallen. An athletic freak with a team oriented approach who plays great team defense… I can totally see him complementing the spurs scrappy second unit team… I think that’s what I’m hoping for: someone with a high floor and not someone like Bol Bol who can easily bust because they are too big a liability.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeffries is all over the place. He's as high as 28 or 29 (TheRinger, CBB Today) and then other sites don't even have him listed as a prospect (not even in the Tankathon prospect database, for example). ESPN has him at 44 on their Big Board and going 43 in their latest mock draft.

If they are certain he's the guy, yeah they need to pull the trigger at 29. I'd say however, that there is a shot he lasts to 49... Maybe as much as 50-50.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m drinking Kool-Aid and telling people to get off my lawn when I say, screw it, let’s grab him at 19 assuming no one else better has fallen. An athletic freak with a team oriented approach who plays great team defense… I can totally see him complementing the spurs scrappy second unit team… I think that’s what I’m hoping for: someone with a high floor and not someone like Bol Bol who can easily bust because they are too big a liability.
    If you want a player with a high floor you should look at Cam Johnson. Not a stud on D but solid and has real size for the 3. Also the best shooter in the entire draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James White!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With skills! Supposedly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bringing this thread back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ouch, bad call.

Though, to be fair, Jeffries' agent told teams he wouldn't sign a two-way contract -- so that really hurt his chances of getting picked in the second round. Conversely, the Spurs and Quinndary's agent already agreed to a two-way contract before the Spurs even pulled the trigger on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ouch, bad call.

Though, to be fair, Jeffries' agent told teams he wouldn't sign a two-way contract -- so that really hurt his chances of getting picked in the second round. Conversely, the Spurs and Quinndary's agent already agreed to a two-way contract before the Spurs even pulled the trigger on him.
    And then, undrafted, ended up signing a two way, anyway. SMH.

I like the claim. Little to no risk, and a chance to check out a prospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need someone to soak up min down the stretch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need someone to soak up min down the stretch
    The one game stretch?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count