Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Spader = God

Boone =

I hate that with a passion. Not the character, but the actor. Her grandfather is a billionaire, which explains why she's on the show. Spader is a money chaser, he's said so himself, and her family is likely backdoor producing the show as long as she stays involved. Otherwise goddamn you could find a better choice at any local theater crew.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lost interest around season 2. It was clear where this show was heading with the two main protagonist's relationship to each other.

These new shows these days take the death means nothing to a whole other level. They die one episode and come back two episodes later.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yeah Spader is the show and yeah can't stand Lizzie. Tom was a great character good actor in seasons 4/5 but he's moved on.

I actually fast forward through the one shot stories and just watch the scenes with Spader

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Blake's wife has a blacklist.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lost interest around season 2. It was clear where this show was heading with the two main protagonist's relationship to each other.

These new shows these days take the death means nothing to a whole other level. They die one episode and come back two episodes later.
    Spader said in an interview that he's only doing it for the money. He does like the aspect of not knowing the end, but he's trying to make a living and I understand he's making about 6m per season. Without him there's no show. It's amazing that the extras are more interesting than the cast. The cartoonish characters some of them portray is re ed as , but the dichotomy of Spader and Boone is a sight to behold indeed, perhaps the starkest acting ability contrast between two lead characters since Rainman. Since it's on Netflix I have been watching it in the afteroon, because Spader is mesmerizing. I know they won't kill most people off, they magically return, but I'm not looking for a story closure. Each episode has gems from Spader, and turds from Boone. I often fast forward through her emotionless performances and get back to Reddington.

Spader, Dennehy and Tawfiq are all the show really needs. Give me some gruff old Russian dudes, a KGB subplot with some facial reconstruction, organized crime and Boston Legal level wit and ability to carry a cast, that's all I need. I don't need the billionaire's niece, Tori Spelling 2.0. , I even like the Mossad chick, but not Liz. no. And it's not her character. It's the actress. It has to be.
    Last edited by DMC; 09-27-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Thread Information