Believe.
    Post Count
    Been awhile since an HBCU school has shown up big at the NCAA's track champs.

They have relays teams in both the 4x1/4x4 finals. The fastest college 400m man in Trevor Stewart, he could win this, and they have a hurdler in the final who will score. They could score....15....points maybe a few more. We just don't see than coming from those schools since way back before blacks could attend southern schools.

Speedy Bears RB Tariq Cohen out of NCA&T, as was the very first HBCUer NFL RB to have a 1000 yard season, that was back in the mid 50's and Niner J.D.Smith.

Chris Belcher ran a sub10.00 there a few years ago, he is now in the pro ranks.
    Last edited by Avant; 06-06-2019 at 09:21 AM.

Cool!

I'm from around that area. It's good to hear they are doing well

Believe.
    Post Count
    Cool!

I'm from around that area. It's good to hear they are doing well
    They have been getting better and better for about the last five years or so, it has to be coaching. They are the only HBCU school doing anything big and it's been that way for awhile now.

They have been getting better and better for about the last five years or so, it has to be coaching. They are the only HBCU school doing anything big and it's been that way for awhile now.
    Like you said it must be coaching if it's been for that long because folks are graduating and leaving. It's such a tiny school too located in not the best neighborhood. Lol. I mean it's the worst neighborhood either. Maybe with them doing so well it can attract better athletes to go there also.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Like you said it must be coaching if it's been for that long because folks are graduating and leaving. It's such a tiny school too located in not the best neighborhood. Lol. I mean it's the worst neighborhood either. Maybe with them doing so well it can attract better athletes to go there also.
    They must have had at least a dozen athletes make these NCAA's finals talking men/women, that is great for a small HBCU school. From the way it's been going I expect to see at least that many again in 2020.

I keep a notebook which keeps track off all the NCAA schools that meet my criteria, there is no school (over 70) with as many changes as NCA&T.

Came in 19th in both the guys and girls, which is fantastic for any HBCU school.

Back when blacks couldn't stay in the south other than the HBCU they had some powerhouse teams, but that long ago.

Thread Information