Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR imho is worth the Lakers pick...this draft is considerd a top three picks draft...from 4 to 20 the names change every mock I see, except for the two playmakes that are quite always put on the first 7 names. Also Hunter slips in a lot of mocks to 8...
    I don't like DDR game like a lot of us, but he still has then skills to be a first option for some years in a lot of nba teams...like his numbers are still telling.
    Spurs were basically a net neutral team with him on the court (+0.5 net rtg) and +5.5 with him on the bench.

White basically had the opposite splits (+5.8 on and -0.6 off).

Demar did some things nicely, like significantly up his assist numbers and rebound well. But unless he can extend his shot and be better defensively, he’s not a good fit with this roster going forward. Better to get what you can and free up cap space.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given the amount of rumors, I'm starting to believe that they might actually be shopping him.

Looking at it from an extremely optimistic point of view, that they're willing to do that now might signal that Murray, White and Walker are really coming along nicely in their development. Would also help explain the team asking Walker to gain a lot more muscle, as he'd probably be taking up a lot of the slack at the 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop would literally be committing murder if he traded Derozan....

You really think the organization that didn't want to reneg on Pau's corpse is going to all of a sudden trade Demar Derozan the year after he admitted he was basically suicidal?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes too much sense. We don't want to extend him. He doesn't fit with the current roster. I think we move him this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I mean I hate to say it but Pop said it himself, he wants to keep the core intact lol I seriously doubt that we trade DeMar and pop said one of the priority’s is bringing Rudy Gay back if we intended to trade DeMar I don’t think we bring back Rudy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I mean I hate to say it but Pop said it himself, he wants to keep the core intact lol I seriously doubt that we trade DeMar and pop said one of the priority’s is bringing Rudy Gay back if we intended to trade DeMar I don’t think we bring back Rudy
    it’d be great if we got rid of both tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best news of the season so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’shappening.gif

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop would literally be committing murder if he traded Derozan....

You really think the organization that didn't want to reneg on Pau's corpse is going to all of a sudden trade Demar Derozan the year after he admitted he was basically suicidal?
    Derozan seems miserable here anyway so they probably trade him to LA if he wanted to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even hate him tbh, by all accounts a pretty good guy....just too emotional and his game just isn't made for today's NBA....

If Dejounte actually had an outside shot and the Spurs had a Robert Covington type to play smallball 4, Derozan wouldn't even be that bad of a fit.....

His contract is terrible though and I'd support anything to move that off the roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you trade him then please trade Lamarcus as well, I'd be thrilled for a Spurs team built around Murray/White/Walker + whatever assets they get in return....

Doesn't make the playoffs next year but at least that team would be easy to root for....

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Normally I'd dismiss this offhand, but between the awkward fit with Aldridge and the young guards, the on court antics and the fact that he'll command one final big contract in 1-2 years that they should have no interest in paying (and if they don't and let him walk, it'll be more poor asset management), it's got to be in play.

If it were most teams and you had all that, plus a logical trade partner (Hornets), it'd probably be likely. But because these senile idiots are notoriously adverse to rocking the boat and are probably still in the fetal position after what happened 1-2 years ago, we all know it's unlikely. I'm sure they're more concerned with his feelings than what's best for their team.

Bogdanovic would make sense offensively with the young guards. Can space the floor for them and assist some with creating. Defensively, they still wouldn't have anyone particularly suited to defending the elite big wings.
    ^

Add the fact DDR is a net negative during the playoffs (wish I could reference that tweet showing he's exponentially worse during the playoffs). I'm hoping they ship him off to the Lakers to get a shot at Reddish, Ingram, and fillers (they reportedly spoke to Reddish during the combine).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they do it and need to talk Demar off the ledge, at least they can let him know he's gonna win a ring and Finals MVP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope so. Enthrall me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Demar secretly wants out too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Demar secretly wants out too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not doubt the rest of the team wants him out.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i have nothing against DD but he just does not fit on this team and his style of play is not suited for the rest of our personnel. really hope he is traded before the season

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop says that every year. This is the same guy who said Malik Rose wasn't even on the trade block a couple minutes before he was shipped out

Pop is the the epitome of you can’t believe a word he says when it comes to end of year or beginning of the year stuff.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope. If it happens it's just another thing highlighting how awful that trade was.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope. If it happens it's just another thing highlighting how awful that trade was.

Had you gotten a better offer in sure they would’ve taken it. No one wanted a guy who completely bagged the market. Why is this so damn hard to understand?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had you gotten a better offer in sure they would’ve taken it. No one wanted a guy who completely bagged the market. Why is this so damn hard to understand?
    As someone pointed out, the Sixers wouldn’t make Fultz available and then salary dumped him for the guy that carried the Spurs to the WCF without Kawhi. Boston wouldn’t give up anything of value. Lakers offered a crap sandwich.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As someone pointed out, the Sixers wouldn’t make Fultz available and then salary dumped him for the guy that carried the Spurs to the WCF without Kawhi. Boston wouldn’t give up anything of value. Lakers offered a crap sandwich.

Every team low balled them. They literally took the best deal available

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs traded Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green for BOJAN BOGDANOVIC

How can estrogen filled PATFO fluffers spin that?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the rumors are true we are targeting the wrong Bogdanocic...Bogdan (the Sac. one) at least plays some defense...

Thread Information