Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs traded Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green for BOJAN BOGDANOVIC

How can estrogen filled PATFO fluffers spin that?
    It's not that hard. If the Spurs legit get enough cap space to offer Bojan $18 Million or whatever, that suggests they probably got nothing but draft compensation. Even if it's a late-first, they traded two guys who would have walked for two firsts and a decent prospect. Not my favorite trade, but at least it's not Brandon Ingram and Luol Deng.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the rumors are true we are targeting the wrong Bogdanocic...Bogdan (the Sac. one) at least plays some defense...
    I'm not convinced that PATFO actually want to move DeRozan to replace him with Bodganovic. I could see a deal where they trade Beli and Bertans for Bogdanovic and either play Bojan at the four or slide him and DeRozan down to make Murray or White a sixth man to stablize the second unit.

White, Forbes, Mills
    DeRozan, Murray, 49
    Bogdanovic, Walker, 19
    Gay, MLE, Metu
    Aldridge, Poeltl, 29

Or:

White, Mills, 49
    Murray, Forbes, 29
    DeRozan, Walker, 19
    Bogdanovic,Gay, Metu
    Aldridge, Poeltl, Milutinov

Or some combination thereof.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Demar secretly wants out too.
    That’s possible. It’s not like he’s with the spurs by choice

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he threw the ball at the Ref during the playoffs I thought that was probably it for him staying, you know Pop hates that stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not convinced that PATFO actually want to move DeRozan to replace him with Bodganovic. I could see a deal where they trade Beli and Bertans for Bogdanovic and either play Bojan at the four or slide him and DeRozan down to make Murray or White a sixth man to stablize the second unit.

White, Forbes, Mills
    DeRozan, Murray, 49
    Bogdanovic, Walker, 19
    Gay, MLE, Metu
    Aldridge, Poeltl, 29

Or:

White, Mills, 49
    Murray, Forbes, 29
    DeRozan, Walker, 19
    Bogdanovic,Gay, Metu

Sure is nice to hope for something like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    demar, poeltl, a protected 1st rounder for green, kawhi, and $5 million. who says no?
    If I was the coach of the Raptors I’d take it in a heartbeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s see if PATFO makes a move for Little, then he’s gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard will not resign with the Raptors if he wins the le. He will be in line for all those mega endorsement deals that really drove him away from San Antonio. He will not have to play second fiddle to anyone on any team in New York or Los Angeles. I actually think this puts the Lakers back in play for his services. Having said that, it could be very logical for the Raptors to make a move to bring DDR back to appease the fan base much like the Spurs did with Sean. The Raptors would have room for the salary so any trade could have lots of possibilities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard will not resign with the Raptors if he wins the le. He will be in line for all those mega endorsement deals that really drove him away from San Antonio. He will not have to play second fiddle to anyone on any team in New York or Los Angeles. I actually think this puts the Lakers back in play for his services. Having said that, it could be very logical for the Raptors to make a move to bring DDR back to appease the fan base much like the Spurs did with Sean. The Raptors would have room for the salary so any trade could have lots of possibilities.
    They won't spend that huge amount of space to bring back DDR's albatross contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with the second part of what you said, but without Kawhi the Raptors don’t cap space. Would have to be FVV and Powell for DDR.

On the first part, not having to play second fiddle to anyone in LA? I hope you’re joking if he goes to the team that immigrated there from Minnesota.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he threw the ball at the Ref during the playoffs I thought that was probably it for him staying, you know Pop hates that stuff.
    Yeah any other Spurs player Pop would have called him out in front of crowd and then in after game press conference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

White, Forbes, Mills
    DeRozan, Murray, 49
    Bogdanovic, Walker, 19
    Gay, MLE, Metu
    Aldridge, Poeltl, 29

Or:

White, Mills, 49
    Murray, Forbes, 29
    DeRozan, Walker, 19
    Bogdanovic,Gay, Metu

I'm thinking the same. I think they are looking to add him to the team while keepin LA/DeRozan/Gay. There are quite a few scenarios on how to do it. I'ma break that down later, don't have the time for it right now. But it would leave a hole at the PF spot, cause we would need a defender in the starting line up there. I doubt Pop will start LA/Poeltl or look to start Rudy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking the same. I think they are looking to add him to the team while keepin LA/DeRozan/Gay. There are quite a few scenarios on how to do it. I'ma break that down later, don't have the time for it right now. But it would leave a hole at the PF spot, cause we would need a defender in the starting line up there. I doubt Pop will start LA/Poeltl or look to start Rudy
    Agree, seems like a Full MLE offer play since Bogdanobich is free agent this summer. The DDR trade rumors seem to be a separate thing, but obviously could have implications for a Bogdanobich signing if it’s a loopsoded trade with the Lakers and the Spurs acquire a massive TE.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't want DeRozan to be a Spur anyway. The dude is rooting for the Raptors these playoffs and still can't let it go. He's not invested in the Spurs - I'd cut my losses.

There are quite a few teams with cap space this year who will strike out in FA. DeRozan is the perfect player for them to go after. If we can get good, young assets/lottery picks out of them, might as well do that.

Besides, the Spurs aren't going to far with the mid-range mental midgets in Aldrige and DeRozan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they move DDR the next question is what of LMA? Year after this one only partially guaranteed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing that would honestly be smart about trading both DeMar and Aldridge this offseason for draft picks is the West is gonna probably be even more brutal next year, sure KD could leave but the lakers, kings, Mavericks, clippers, Utah will all probably get a lot better, plus the other top dog teams will still be good (warriors, rockets, nuggets, blazers) plus even the ty teams like the timberwolves, suns, pelicans could become a threat any season now

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they can somehow package Aldrige+picks for a re-signing AD and convince Durant to join as a FA by sending Demar to the Warriors as compensation, that would instantly make us a contender.

I know this is a fantasy scenario but wouldn't it be cool if it happened?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing that would honestly be smart about trading both DeMar and Aldridge this offseason for draft picks is the West is gonna probably be even more brutal next year, sure KD could leave but the lakers, kings, Mavericks, clippers, Utah will all probably get a lot better, plus the other top dog teams will still be good (warriors, rockets, nuggets, blazers) plus even the ty teams like the timberwolves, suns, pelicans could become a threat any season now
    I agree. I don't think there's any value in keeping Aldridge or DeRozan around. Specially when they tend to disappear in the playoffs. Might as well just trade them for young assests and picks and reset with next year's FA market where potentially AD and others will he available as FA's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any GM that wants DeRozan on their team is incompetent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they can somehow package Aldrige+picks for a re-signing AD and convince Durant to join as a FA by sending Demar to the Warriors as compensation, that would instantly make us a contender.

I know this is a fantasy scenario but wouldn't it be cool if it happened?

If we’re gonna jump into the deep end of the fantasy pool:

White, Walker, Windler
    Murray, Forbes, McConnell
    Durant, Samanic, Bertans
    Gay, Roby, Moore
    Davis, Poeltl, Metu

I think that would continue the playoff streak with a few additional banners in the rafters.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. I don't think there's any value in keeping Aldridge or DeRozan around. Specially when they tend to disappear in the playoffs. Might as well just trade them for young assests and picks and reset with next year's FA market where potentially AD and others will he available as FA's
    I agree. Spurs aren't in the business of just making the playoffs. PATFO needs to be swinging for the fences in acquiring talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hes not leaving tor

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Yeah, Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green for Jakob Poeltl. Not happening.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green for Jakob Poeltl. Not happening.
    Exactly. That’s why the most important peice of info this summer is whether the parties make progress on an extension or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any GM that wants DeRozan on their team is incompetent.
    They are the ones that voted for Clinton

Thread Information