Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    It was a bad timeout. But if you put too much blame on the timeout, you’re giving the players too much of a free pass. They were up 6 with 3 minutes to go to WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP. Nut the up and go take the le. That timeout isn’t a good enough excuse to score only two points in the final 3 minutes, and that was on a goaltend. That timeout might have helped Golden State gather themselves and catch a breath. But it shouldn’t have made the Raptor players suck.

Don’t put too much blame on the timeout. The players deserve it way more. The choke job is on the players.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never with a hot streak. I was ing baffled when I saw Nurse call that timeout. Also give your players a rest? WTF? Why are you giving their players a rest? GSW is the ones with no depth having to burn out their stars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst coaching move since the 2013 Finals..

Completely stupid timeout that didn't make any sense..the final possession was embarrassing, as well, although that's also on Kawhi for poor awareness of the situation..
    There is no way pulling Duncan when Miami was forced to shoot threes is bad strategy. That wasn't 2003 Duncan, no way you want old man Duncan chasing shooters at the three point line.

Why don't you blame Kawhi for bobbling the rebound twice and losing it after LeBron's first missed three and then when he missed the free throw that would have put them up four a few seconds later?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But it shouldn’t have made the Raptor players suck.
    Don’t put too much blame on the timeout. The players deserve it way more. The choke job is on the players.
    Technically yes. But you have to coach the players you have and know their tendencies.
    Point is the Raptors players are suck prone in the clutch. Also rare that you see the Golden gots in choke mode given all the pampering they are used to. All the more reason to show foresight and do NOT call a timeout there.
    It was a massive up by Nurse.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    You just said the Raptors were suck prone in the clutch. Yeah, so not calling a timeout doesn't change that. If there was no timeout and Raptors still choke, plenty of people would criticize not calling a timeout when they had like three to burn in the final three minutes. And if the Raptors players are chokers, assuming you're not including Kawhi... well Kawhi was the one who basically singlehandedly got them the lead AND he was the one who was gassed. So the timeout was appropriate specifically to rest the non choker, the non suck prone.

And again. I said it was a bad timeout. Just don't blame the timeout too much. Give it the appropriate amount of blame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green sure didn't help

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green sure didn't help
    Danny isn't a max deal star. He's a role player. Role players never get the blame because they don't get the glory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still have raptors winning this series, but not by much. Assholes will get tight if it goes to 7.
    I think the problem is the anxiety of not wanting to have tight assholes in Game 7 means tight assholes in Game 6.

GSW overcame the 3-1 that OKC had in 2016. I would think Toronto is aware of this even though it's probably left unmentioned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny isn't a max deal star. He's a role player. Role players never get the blame because they don't get the glory.
    3 point shooter with NBA finals record for 3s should hit them in the 4th of a home Finals close out game! He looked like typical Danny.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I wish you guys could be NBA coaches. There would never be a coaching error again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 point shooter with NBA finals record for 3s should hit them in the 4th of a home Finals close out game! He looked like typical Danny.
    Curry holds that record. He did hit his.

Saying he should hit them then following up with "typical Danny" is conflicting takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I wish you guys could be NBA coaches. There would never be a coaching error again.
    Pretty sure anyone here who was watching that game felt the "wtf" moment when Nurse called that timeout. You don't need to be a coach to realize it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry holds that record. He did hit his.

Saying he should hit them then following up with "typical Danny" is conflicting takes.
    Aware. He should hit them. but he didn't. typical Danny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kind of understand the timeout. Sometimes when you're on a run, you can start to play a sloppy style because you're just riding the wave of "everything is going well right now, so let's just play freely!" That's all well and good, but one gets the sense that the run is going to end soon, and the tides could shift the other way at any moment. Sometimes you want to sit down for a few minutes and cognitively assess the situation to ensure that you continue doing what got you this lead.

As far as the crowd, they were 3 minutes away from a championship, so a timeout shouldn't kill their energy at all. On the contrary, they should get even louder as they shift to celebration mode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi deferred too much tonight. There were several instances when he had an opening and just dumped it off to someone like Danny Green who bricked.
    He sure did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not even a good role player anymore it seems

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also TBH the Dubs shooters went supernova. Timeout or no timeout, this can happen anytime. It's how they have made their comebacks a lot throughout their run, and is also just general bball (game of runs).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The nerves on this guy.

Glad it backfired on him in a most spectacular way.

Having confidence is nice but this is straight up ignorance. Nick Nurse not believing in momentum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the lakers missed the playoffs because of Smush Parker and Chris Mihm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way pulling Duncan when Miami was forced to shoot threes is bad strategy. That wasn't 2003 Duncan, no way you want old man Duncan chasing shooters at the three point line.

Why don't you blame Kawhi for bobbling the rebound twice and losing it after LeBron's first missed three and then when he missed the free throw that would have put them up four a few seconds later?
    on the first possession that made sense, as heat were playing all smalls. they had lebron, wade, ray allen, chalmers, and mike miller on the floor

on the last possession though, they had bosh out there, and he's the one who ended up getting the rebound. you'd think after giving up the first O rebound they'd have learned
    Last edited by spurraider21; 06-11-2019 at 04:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    on the first possession that made sense, as heat were playing all smalls. they had lebron, wade, ray allen, chalmers, and mike miller on the floor

on the last possession though, they had bosh out there, and he's the one who ended up getting the rebound. you'd think after giving up the first O rebound they'd have learned
    Bosh was a three point shooter. Duncan would have been an enormous liability guarding the three that possession too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nick Nurse not believing in momentum.
    He's likely to get another lesson in game 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horrible, horrible timeout call. Not just because of Raps momentum, but more importantly, GS was crumbling and desperate for a timeout, but only had one left which they were saving. So Nick Nurse gifted them one, and it changed the outcome of a championship game.
    Last edited by KimmyGib; 06-11-2019 at 05:48 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure anyone here who was watching that game felt the "wtf" moment when Nurse called that timeout. You don't need to be a coach to realize it.
    Idiot coach didn't have take a timeout while Quitter was playing well! He should've taken a timeout with the 16 seconds left and got a decent 2 point shot to win the Championship! Moron!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idiot coach didn't have take a timeout while Quitter was playing well! He should've taken a timeout with the 16 seconds left and got a decent 2 point shot to win the Championship! Moron!

Thread Information