My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stopped reading right there.
    Lol. For real.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    blows if your a basketball fan. I feel for KD, hope he makes a speedy recovery.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Anyone who thinks he's going to have to pick up his player option is re ed, NY will still be desperate enough to offer him a max deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This snake shed his skin and people are feeling sympathy for this ?

Hopefully he's a s of who he used to be when he returns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gay looked better than expected following his tear, and he's in his 30s and a far lesser player than Durant..there's some hope..
    I thought of him too. But that first season after he came back he was troubled by bursitis and missed a ton of games due to that (could be unrelated but who knows when someone's body starts breaking down naturally)... as you know he had minutes managed that season. Even with Kawhi out, he averaged in the vecinity of 25 minutes if that. This past season he was healthier and even with SA need of wing players, he still had minutes managed. I remember Bryn Forbes getting played a lot more.... (maybe selective memory but you get my point).

Now, Pop is extremely careful with players and their injuries. Somewhere else Rudy Gay might have been back to at least 29 minutes per game... but would he have played as many games at that rate?

I guess, my concern is with Durant starting a trend of breaking down from here. I am not a GSW fan but definitely hate players getting injured. Waters down the NBA product for sure.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Rudy Gay looked better than expected following his tear, and he's in his 30s and a far lesser player than Durant..there's some hope..
    Way less usage rate and minutes though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker's injury was 100 times worse than Durant's.

Respect for Nellie. I think Kerr knew what he was doing was reprehensible and extremely risky, that's why he sat down a much healthier Thompson for Game 3, so if the Durant play did indeed backfire, he could have something on record he could point to that see, he did care about his players, being a former player himself and for Pop no less. I think Kerr was just overruled by a higher-up and he didn't have Nellie's cachet or backbone to refuse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who thinks he's going to have to pick up his player option is re ed, NY will still be desperate enough to offer him a max deal.
    That would be beyond hilarious and very NY Knicks if they offered him a max going into an Achilles at age 32. Coming back at almost age 34, with 12/13 seasons of mileage on his legs, KD coming back to 70-80% of his pre injury production is expectable. And that doesn't include the quickness/stamina dropoff expected due to aging to mid 30s.
    Last edited by phxspurfan; 06-11-2019 at 03:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s entirely possible that Durant was half assing his rehab for a month, started feeling the heat when his teammates started complaining, then completely rushed back and hurt himself. I don’t think the grumblings were coming out of thin air.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good news for KD is he will already be New York when he signs with the Knicks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn’t a torn Achilles the first time. You can barely even walk on a torn Achilles. And it’s a severe limp even on just a strained Achilles because it hurts to bend your foot on a strained Achilles.

The calf muscle and the Achilles are closely related. The Achilles essentially connects the calf muscle to the heel bone. The first injury could have very well been just a calf injury. But a vulnerable calf muscle absolutely compromised the Achilles.

There were plenty of people, in the media and on social media, guessing the first injury was an Achilles. I don’t think he would have been able to come back and play at all if it were. The first injury likely was mostly calf muscle related.
    Of course it wasn't a full blown achilles injury back then, but anybody that played organized sports before, and has seen those type of injuries first hand, knew at that moment that something got ed up with his achilles. That type of reaction is unmistakable. The fact that Warriors' doctors said there wasn't a chance for further damage is some major malpractice.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that got. I hope his career is over.
    I hope New York still signs him to a 35% of the cap max deal. Or even better Golden State does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First TP retiring and now this? It's been a pretty good past 24 hours.

*edit*

Oh and Messina accepted a head coaching job in Italy. The sun seems to be extra bright today.
    that got. I hope his career is over.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Of course it wasn't a full blown achilles injury back then, but anybody that played organized sports before, and has seen those type of injuries first hand, knew at that moment that something got ed up with his achilles. That type of reaction is unmistakable. The fact that Warriors' doctors said there wasn't a chance for further damage is some major malpractice.
    Yeah the first time he had ice around his Achilles. It was never his calf

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Uneducated athletes need to stop doing their own tweets.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that desperate when you consider that it's probably minor as far as achilles tears go (was probably already torn and GSW just releasing that now); and the long term benefits are obvious to say nothing of the fact that he could be in the playoffs next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this the end KD being a top 5 player. He can still shoot and has great length for defense.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Jones fracture is not an Achilles tear. The track record on NBA players coming back from a torn Achilles is not good. Dominique Wilkins is the only player who's ever even come close to regaining his pre-Achilles form. Maybe KD will pull a Nique, but the odds are heavily stacked against it.
    eh, kobe came back and was just as good as he ever was tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good FTB.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's always sad to see a career-derailing injury like this. In all honesty, Durant's sensitivity came back to bite him in the ass on this one. He clearly wasn't ready to play yet, but he rushed himself back because he was butthurt at what the local media was saying about him. Maybe this will be what makes him grow a pair and stop obsessing over what people say about him on social media.

On a side note, Raptors fans are classless gots for cheering his injury. Their first taste of success and they turn into Laker fans.
    they were one game away from being eliminated in the Finals. It's not like he was rushing back in mid-January

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me here..
    Agreeing. You gotta get the chip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team that wins game 5 usually wins the series, imo. GS shoved that monkey wrench HARD up the Raps asses. If the Worriors don't win the 'ship than that dirty play was all for nothing.

Thread Information