My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beto's campaign has just failed to catch on the way it did in Texas versus Cruz. He is the only candidate that actually drop worse than Biden.

Time for Beto to put his popularity in Texas to take on Cornyn for Senate because it's not just about getting rid of Trump....its also about getting rid of McConnell

https://www.bleedingheartland.com/20...iowa-caucuses/

Maybe a 19 candidate race but...

right now, it's a 3 horse race. Watch out for Harris....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Precocious and risky for Beto, methinks.

I don't think Beto would beat Cornyn this time. The stink of the two time loser would be hard to wash off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Precocious and risky for Beto, methinks.

I don't think Beto would beat Cornyn this time. The stink of the two time loser would be hard to wash off.
    Beto can always win in West TX....early polls show TX could go blue for President in 2020....Beto got many lower candidate Democrats elected in 2018 despite his loss to Cruz. Perhaps if Saunders, or Warren or Harris win TX, Beto can ride their coattails to the US Senate. At the very least, It would force the RNC to spend money in a state they thought they had locked up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beto can always win in West TX....early polls show TX could go blue for President in 2020....Beto got many lower candidate Democrats elected in 2018 despite his loss to Cruz. Perhaps if Saunders, or Warren or Harris win TX, Beto can ride their coattails to the US Senate. At the very least, It would force the RNC to spend money in a state they thought they had locked up.
    Too sanguine by half seems to me, but one never knows. 2016 result took a lot of people by surprise including me. I was all ready to hate HRC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too sanguine by half seems to me, but one never knows. 2016 result took a lot of people by surprise including me. I was all ready to hate HRC.
    The Demographics are changing in TX, albeit it, slowly, but it will still take a lot of former Trump voters to vote Blue for any Democratic Presidential candidate to have a chance in 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buttigieg has really hurt him. He’s the new golden boy in the dem party now.

Long road ahead though. First debate in a a couple of weeks should define things more clearly.

I’m a Beto guy so no I don’t want him to drop out. Why should he anyways?

Like said above, he can’t run for another senate seat and lose again. That’s career in politics over, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m a Beto guy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What could you possibly be laughing about? You have Trump tattooed on your forehead. That kind of re ation never washes.

Getting cucked by pollacks now.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude's named Beta.

Nuff said.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He had a chance in 2018 because of how unlikeable Felito is, and also got a huge fundraising boost from sources outside of Texas because it was the most anticipated election in 2018.

The Democrats would be stupid to try and spend a bunch of money in Texas in 2020 when they don't need it for the general and there are much less expensive senate seats they could go after (Arizona, Georgia, Iowa, even ing Montana makes more sense to try and go after than a senate seat in Texas that will cost tens of millions of dollars to even make interesting).

The candidate who's being selfish by considering a run for president instead of the Senate is Stacie Abrams. She's extremely popular in Georgia and would have a good shot at flipping the seat in 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had a chance in 2018 because of how unlikeable Felito is, and also got a huge fundraising boost from sources outside of Texas because it was the most anticipated election in 2018.

The Democrats would be stupid to try and spend a bunch of money in Texas in 2020 when they don't need it for the general and there are much less expensive senate seats they could go after (Arizona, Georgia, Iowa, even ing Montana makes more sense to try and go after than a senate seat in Texas that will cost tens of millions of dollars to even make interesting).

The candidate who's being selfish by considering a run for president instead of the Senate is Stacie Abrams. She's extremely popular in Georgia and would have a good shot at flipping the seat in 2020.
    We are spending money in Texas, because we have to rebuild a moribund party, and making it more compe ive is a stop on the roadmap to flipping it.

Cornyn isn't that much more popular than Cruz.

We also managed to eke out some fair gains in the Texas lege, enough to leverage that into actual negotiating power when it comes to the legislative process. That blunted the worst effects of the tea party idjuts.

Thread Information