Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan2k5

Actually had the privilage to meet with multiple spurs superstar. Iirc hes talked to timmy, big three, kawhi.

Hes more connected than most patfo fluffers.
    So did most of the special Olympians.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop sucked LMA off after he demanded a trade and gave no reason until AFTER no one wanted him and he was forced to sit and talk with Pop
    Well what exactly do you want pop to do when he proclaimed this man to be the best player in the league, and then that same player turns around and is a complete snake so he can get traded? Gives a giant you to the entire organization. LA Also was not some chicken coward about it. He wasn’t hiding in New York. He wasn’t refusing to sit on the bench. He acted like a man about the situation. So pop respected him more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I basically skip everything duncan2k5 writes, haha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So did most of the special Olympians.
    ing DMC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring back Melissa or don't bother!
    Amen.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    always gave kawhi the benefit of the doubt... if it was really all on him then people with inside information would just say that. but there’s obviously more to the story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot about Castleberry. Easy to see how dysfunctional a group of him, Dennis, and Kawhi could get. How butthurt they could be if Pop called them out and gave them the DG 'stfu' treatment

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    classic timvp in this thread fwiw tbh tbh tbh

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you confirm the following cuz I keep hearing these stupid stories from Kawhi defenders:

- Did the Spurs not want to offer him max?
    - Did the Spurs force him to play or did they really asked him to take the year off but he won't accept it?
    - Was Duncan involved in pissing Kawhi off?

Yes
    no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan2k5

Actually had the privilage to meet with multiple spurs superstar. Iirc hes talked to timmy, big three, kawhi.

Hes more connected than most patfo fluffers.
    And I'm sure u see that me and Duncan are friends...

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I'm sure u see that me and Duncan are friends...
    I'm sure plenty of other dumb island spooks got to take a picture with Duncan on that day as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well you're both wrong. He should have been traded because he wasn't going to play and the Spurs had to move on. Holding on to him through the next season would be throwing away a season for Pop and for the team. I wasn't happy to trade him. I just know there wasn't a real option that was better than that. It's not like he was delivering his side of the contract, he was in NY for 's sake. He wasn't even around during the playoffs. There was no mending those fences.

It doesn't matter if he won a ring or not, how how great he is or will be. It doesn't change anything.
    2018 Spurs in 2019 Spurs. Both teams finished as #7 and got eliminated in first round. Sitting Kawhi a whole year wouldn't have changed anything for the Spurs seeding in 2019.

But it would have sent a strong message to the league and the media while Kawhi would have ruined his career if he refused to play for a whole year.

Instead of doing it, Spurs panicked, traded him and let him to keep building his legend while San Antonio is questioned by media.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 06-19-2019 at 10:31 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I understand (and I'm not saying this is fact, just what I was told), Kawhi got his feelings hurt because someone in the organization (not a player, not Pop) said in not-so-kind words that he was being a wimp about the injury. Kawhi wasn't that riled up about it, but was offended.
    A guy not named Pop thought he was more important than the franchise player and had the right to call him out.

That's why I said before that the only thing I wanna know if the Spurs are willing to change and adapt.
    Like it or not, the NBA is a superstars league and someone on the Spurs thinks he can insult the franchise player without consequences. These type of things have to change in this organization.

Tim Duncan was unique. The Spurs have to get it and adapt to the new times and new superstars. They already lost one in 2018...Don't make the same mistake in next years.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crater face couldn’t get over himself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can probably accept other faults, but hopefully just not this.
    I DON'T GIVE A if Tim pissed Leonard off. The dude acted childish and his representation from Uncle Dennis was amateurish. If anything, the Spurs failed to treat Uncle Dennis with kid gloves and undervalued his relationship with Kawhi. He was obviously much more important than they realized. Still, KL was a pussy when it came to coming back from injuries. He hurt his ankle in game 1 of the WCF and NEVER even tried to go back on the floor and play. He just shut it down completely. We all know what happened the following year with his 9 game fiasco.

Nah, that dude. I have no sympathy for him. He's a great player but he ed over San Antonio. He had 2015 (Lost to Clippers 1st round), 2016 (Lost to OKC 2nd Round) & 2017 (Lost to GS in Conference Finals) to LEAD the Spurs to a Championship and couldn't do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2018 Spurs in 2019 Spurs. Both teams finished as #7 and got eliminated in first round. Sitting Kawhi a whole year wouldn't have changed anything for the Spurs seeding in 2019.

But it would have sent a strong message to the league and the media while Kawhi would have ruined his career if he refused to play for a whole year.

Instead of doing it, Spurs panicked, traded him and let him to keep building his legend while San Antonio is questioned by media.
    That's because the Spurs are a classy organization and don't dabble in that petty .

Pop can't give two s about sending a message to the rest of the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sure it would. Just lacking DeMar's 21/6/6, we don't make the playoffs, let alone the veritable PLAGUE of guard injuries. Not even a smart post, Jabari.

Thread Information