My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (disclaimer. Spurraider is a good dude, so I'm not trying to troll him/insult him with this thread, I'm simply analyzing what it means to "Philo," because the Philo meme is pretty humorous).

Step 1: Find an opinion that is common sense logical and reasonable but pick out some minutia from said argument and form a counterargument from that. Philoing, at its core, is not really about having a discussion or even proving ty opinions wrong, but more about arguing for argument's sake.

Ex: "The sky is blue."

Philo rebuttal: "No it isn't. Not always, at least. What about overcast days?"

Ex. "Water is wet."

Philo rebuttal: "Ice is frozen water, and it's not always 'wet.' "

Step 2: Incessantly remind a poster of opinions they had in the past, opinions which you've replied to with previous Philoing and that are unrelated to the current argument in question.

Ex. "Yeah, I think rocks are hard, too."

Philo reply: ", you also think water is wet."

Sports example:

"Yeah, I think X player is the best in the league right now."

Philo: " you also thought X player was the best in 2012."

Step 3: When your Philoing is backed into a corner, move onto another argument. To Philo is to never concede a point.

Ex. "Jesus, Philo. Rocks are in' hard. Everyone with common sense understands that."

Philo rebuttal: "Yeah but some rocks are soft. Like Gypsum."

Ex. "No one thinks of Gypsum when you say 'rock,' they think of something like a granite stone."

Philo rebuttal: *leave*

Follow these steps and you should be Philoing other posters into irritation in no time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a new one where if you provide any type of context or substance to your take he will call you out for trying to play both sides, even though you clearly state what your take/prediction is.

Example:

In Nurse's defense: Kawhi looked gassed. Momentum >>> rest though. I wouldn't have called the TO.
    this again... "timeout isnt a bad idea, but it also wasn't a good idea. but since it didnt work out, i wouldn't have called it."

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs got never actually has a side tbh. He just comes in with text from other things. I just brush it off because he gets to say he didnt agree with his post but just posting it. Literally never has an opinion.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    He’s a ty poster.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    10/10 Gotta love the disclaimer , pretty much negated everything about it “not being about him.”
    This thread has some white pants potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a new one where if you provide any type of context or substance to your take he will call you out for trying to play both sides, even though you clearly state what your take/prediction is.

Example:
    Yeah. Another tactic of his is to state an opinion but not back it with a detailed argument. I remember him and DMC arguing if golf is a sport. Philo basically said it's not a sport because I say so when DMC pressed him to explain why it isn't. But he'll demand comprehensive arguments from you to prove an argument. He's very sneaky. And to Philo is to be sneaky

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10/10 Gotta love the disclaimer , pretty much negated everything about it “not being about him.”
    This thread has some white pants potential.
    I like Spurraider, so I'm not trying to call him out for being an Avante level irritant or something. His Philoing doesn't really irritate me. I find it funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conflation,hyperbole, and non-sequiturs are a Philo staple. The fence sniper "centrist" wants the best of both worlds.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I like Spurraider, so I'm not trying to call him out for being an Avante level irritant or something. His Philoing doesn't really irritate me. I find it funny.
    He’s good people, but ty poster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s good people, but ty poster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rent free tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, dude. I appreciate some good Philoing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this entire thread tbh:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everyone here from here on out is part of the spurraider21 recovery support group

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's the sheer volume of philoing that's alarming, not the philoing itself...you don't want to look back on your years and wonder whottt could've been. Use chumpdumper's tragic life as a cautionary tale.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    midnightpulp

Ex. Biden says he's going to cure cancer.

Poster: You said Biden is going to cure cancer by himself.

Is that philo or just a close cousin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the sheer volume of philoing that's alarming, not the philoing itself...you don't want to look back on your years and wonder whottt could've been. Use chumpdumper's tragic life as a cautionary tale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philo reaching the all ST team ITT tbh

Thread Information