Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 days til the Draft. Let’s make these picks count tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for the Official 2019 NBA Draft Thread: Spoiler Edition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For your viewing pleasure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for the Official 2019 NBA Draft Thread: Spoiler Edition.
    I never understood the people who watch the live show, it's so dumb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    days till the NBA Draft!!!

I never understood the people who watch the live show, it's so dumb
    I just like to be up-to-date on all the trades that happen throughout the night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’ll be long gone by 19 tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’ll be long gone by 19 tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would really like to see the Spurs trade up for Rui if he is still available around 13-15 range

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After extensive looking across boards, articles, youtube videos, needs etc.. I am thinking the Spurs will consider it a job well done to take Brandon Clarke at 19 and Chuma Okeke at 29. One player who will contribute immediately and address a defensive need, and another to groom over the medium term and also filling a need. Okeke looks positively possible at 29. Clarke might not be. The choice at 19 will then narrow down to PJ Washington/ Bitadze/ Keldon Johnson, all of whom are flawed in some ways. I would choose PJ Washington then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft day can’t come soon enough!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After extensive looking across boards, articles, youtube videos, needs etc.. I am thinking the Spurs will consider it a job well done to take Brandon Clarke at 19 and Chuma Okeke at 29. One player who will contribute immediately and address a defensive need, and another to groom over the medium term and also filling a need. Okeke looks positively possible at 29. Clarke might not be. The choice at 19 will then narrow down to PJ Washington/ Bitadze/ Keldon Johnson, all of whom are flawed in some ways. I would choose PJ Washington then.
    Agree if Spurs believe Clarke will be at 19, they will probably take him to make safe easy choices for the Franchise. All these unknowns and prospects can be had at 29. Clarke is the safest pick to contribute right away and is realistic to fall. LETs see.. Spurs have great picks for this years type of draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any way to filter the players by forehead size? Asking for a friend.
    Last edited by Dverde; 06-17-2019 at 11:34 AM.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bazley at 19 if Hachimura doesn’t fall, just maybe Okpala at 19. I’m pretty set on this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bazley at 19 if Hachimura doesn’t fall, just maybe Okpala at 19. I’m pretty set on this
    Hopefully the Spurs aren't. Bazely in the first round is a major reach. Okpala at 19 is a reach, but I'd be OK with him at 29.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs going to draft the best player available at #19. Spurstalk going to have a meltdown if it’s another guard, but I think it may happen. I think #28 will be more telling on who they most like out of the leftover garbage heap.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs going to draft the best player available at #19. Spurstalk going to have a meltdown if it’s another guard, but I think it may happen. I think #28 will be more telling on who they most like out of the leftover garbage heap.
    Of course they will draft what they think is the BPA at 19 (and 29)... I don't however, expect a guard. There are quite a lot of big men that I think are interesting, that I expect to fall to that range (Claxton, Kab, Fernando, Goga, maybe Hayes, maybe Bol ).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, this a draft where I don’t have a strong favorite other than Hayes. Unlike other drafts where there were a lot of people I didn’t want and a couple I really wanted, I have about 6-7 I am really good with but only a few I really don’t want.

Assuming something wild doesn’t happen and SA moves into the top 5, my hope is:

Hayes
    Clarke
    PJ Washington
    Goga
    Sekou
    Rui
    Bol Bol

That’s the top 7 for me somewhat in realistic range (might have to move up some for a few of them). But there are others I would be fine with (Grant Williams, reluctantly Kevin Porter Jr on potential but man that would be a logjam with Murray/Lonnie/White and I think all 3 of our current guys will be good; no busts which is insane). Im also ok with Claxton, Williams, Langford, Roby and Okeke. I just removed Little from my “really want list”. I am very concerned about his flaws (athletic testing, shot, etc..). I would be ok at 19 like the rest of the “ok’ list but not moving up.

Guys I don’t want for sure:

Herro
    Porter (want nothing to do with those injuries) - edit; if it’s 2nd round I am ok. Just not 29.
    Cam Johnson
    Bruno

There are probably some others on both lists, but Im praying for Hayes, would be happy with any of the other top 6 and pretty bummed if we get one of the 4 I don’t like..
    Last edited by DPG21920; 06-17-2019 at 07:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd be fine with this haul but have doubts that either will be available at these slots. teams with multiple picks such as boston, atlanta or cleveland could sweep in and take okeke ahead of the 29th pick. if the spurs want him (which some outlets are reporting), then they may have to move up to grab him or even consider using the 19th pick to obtain him. if they did use the 19th and held on to the 29th, then i could see them opting for samanic at 29 (or possibly even thybulle if still on the board). but i agree that it would be best to get someone who can contribute right off the bat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the spurs need a 3, and a stretch 4. I’m curious how you guys would feel if the spurs drafted 2 guys who will end up playing similarly? Example, they got Rui who in college played the 4, but who they’ll want develop to be a 3.. and Samanic who is also a 4, and is more suited to play the 4 given his size BUT has skills to play the 3 should they want to play big (LMA, poodle and Samanic).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 days till the NBA draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information