Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Pretty sure your country lost back to back finals to Chile in 2015 and 2016

Also, there will be another one in 2020.
    2016 was a one off 100 years edition, and next year is because they want to switch it to even numbered years... after 2020, the next one will be in 2024...

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Copa América has its own great things tbqh like teams trying to kill each other by playing dirty and trying to injure each other. It's great acting plus great action. Europeans are so insipid and boring always trying to play hy the rules.

I love me some south American game where nigas spit at each others mouths bite each others teeth and generally each other up. Love it. Euro pussy teams will never get to this level of degradation
    Yeah, the Euro is such a boring tournament, tbh... definition of vanilla...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    2016 was a one off 100 years edition, and next year is because they want to switch it to even numbered years... after 2020, the next one will be in 2024...
    So it was held and will be held again in back to back seasons next year. Thanks for the confirmation

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Imagine watering down the quality of the tournament by adding football superpowers like Qatar and Japan and thinking it's a better tournament than the Euro

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    So it was held and will be held again in back to back seasons next year. Thanks for the confirmation
    The point is that's a 100+ year old tournament that was held back to back once so far, and possibly one more time... calling it a tournament that's played back to back is a reach even for a Madrid fan...

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Imagine watering down the quality of the tournament by adding football superpowers like Qatar and Japan and thinking it's a better tournament than the Euro
    they're both better teams that Monaco, Poland, Armenia, Albania, Liechestein, Cyprus, Belarus, etc..

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Albania-Moldova is an actual Euro qualifier soccer match

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    The point is that's a 100+ year old tournament that was held back to back once so far, and possibly one more time... calling it a tournament that's played back to back is a reach even for a Madrid fan...
    2 times in the same decade is just silly but i guess they want midget to get his NT trophy by any means necessary

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    they're both better teams that Monaco, Poland, Armenia, Albania, Liechestein, Cyprus, Belarus, etc..
    Those are european nations, they obviously deserve a fair shot. Not some random scrub countries outside of the continent.

Besides Qatar and Japan are actually playing in the final stage of the Copa America, besides Albania and Poland, none of the teams you listed made it to the group stage of Euro 2016.

South Americans should simply acknowledge european superiority They haven't sniffed a World Cup in almost 2 decades and seeing how stacked european teams are right now, it will be a while before they win one

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Man, Qatar is playing some gorgeous football. They have the former Barca B coach and he’s done a damn good with them. The first goal was a screamer and that second one hand incedible build up play before he goal.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Those are european nations, they obviously deserve a fair shot. Not some random scrub countries outside of the continent.

Besides Qatar and Japan are actually playing in the final stage of the Copa America, besides Albania and Poland, none of the teams you listed made it to the group stage of Euro 2016.

South Americans should simply acknowledge european superiority They haven't sniffed a World Cup in almost 2 decades and seeing how stacked european teams are right now, it will be a while before they win one
    @ fair shot. They're dog .

And there's been one of Brazil or Argentina in 11 out of the last 18 World Cup finals, tbh... which is pretty impressive considering Euros qualify way more teams than anybody else.

There's really nothing to acknowledge, other than Europe plays soft, boring football...

Take Missi, a hands-down supertstar and record-breaker in Europe, just average in South America, tbh...

Poland

Yo what happens if Qatar or Japan win the tournament or reach the final?

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

Odd tournament indeed. If not for this thread I would be unaware it is occurring. Footy friends are discussing the U-21 though

I imagine if the same exact teams (South America is frozen in time) played each other in a Tournament 4 outta 5 years, it would be more ruthless.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Yo what happens if Qatar or Japan win the tournament or reach the final?

Not happening, IMO, but hey, props to Asia if they do...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    @ fair shot. They're dog .
    I mean fair shot as in they have the right to go through the process of qualification like every other european country. You mentioned those teams like they're making Euro runs, when in fact most of them don't even qualify for the tournament. Obviously those are subpar teams and can't hang with the european elite.

And there's been one of Brazil or Argentina in 11 out of the last 18 World Cup finals, tbh... which is pretty impressive considering Euros qualify way more teams than anybody else.

There's really nothing to acknowledge, other than Europe plays soft, boring football...
    As an argie and midget sympathizer, you should know from experience that aesthetically pleasing football is nothing without end product. Aesthetics are nice but should always take a backseat to results and european football has clearly been delivering in that department. Anyway, that's your opinion, i don't really see much of the boring side of european football that you're alluding to tbh.

Take Missi, a hands-down supertstar and record-breaker in Europe, just average in South America, tbh...
    The same Midget that gets routinely exposed and chokes in the Champions League? He does most of his damage in lol liga against the Gironas and Huescas of spanish football.
    Last edited by Bynumite; 06-17-2019 at 01:35 AM.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    I mean fair shot as in they have the right to go through the process of qualification like every other european country. You mentioned those teams like they're making Euro runs, when in fact most of them don't even qualify for the tournament. Obviously those are subpar teams and can't hang with the european elite.
    The point is Europe has a ton of dog quality teams nobody cares about. Copa America doesn't have a qualification stage because there just isn't that many nations there, but the quality and compe ion is much higher. That's why they can afford to invite some extra teams here or there.

The Euros would be a much better tournament if you replaced Belarus with Qatar or Japan, tbh, it's indisputable.

As an argie and midget sympathizer, you should know from experience that aesthetically pleasing football is nothing without end product. Aesthetics are nice but should always take a backseat to results and european football has clearly been delivering in that department. Anyway, that's your opinion, i don't really see much of the boring side of european football that you're alluding to tbh.
    First of all, I'm not FAP, and I have and continue to criticize Missi all the time, tbh... DieGOAT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Missi, IMO.

And like I said, you can try to spin it all you want, but teams like Argentina didn't just play fancy, the won. You don't get to the final of the biggest tournaments without winning.

I don't hate European football, tbh, it's just has become super soft... Italy has always been more or less the exception, and in general, football in South America is also more physical.

The same Midget that gets routinely exposed and chokes in the Champions League? He does most of his damage in lol liga against the Gironas and Huescas of spanish football.
    I don't completely disagree, but it's immaterial to the argument, he's the one breaking all the records. If it would be so easy, every other Euro player would do it.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    If anything, Argentina had it's best moment when they had a coach that called up players that played rough and dirty (see: Bilardo). And that's one other problem with this Argentina team right now...

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    I don't hate European football, tbh, it's just has become super soft... Italy has always been more or less the exception, and in general, football in South America is also more physical.

I don't completely disagree, but it's immaterial to the argument, he's the one breaking all the records. If it would be so easy, every other Euro player would do it.
    1) South Americans have been historically superior offensively. What we have seen over the past 30-40 years is European sides improving in this department. Euro teams are now an ideal balance

2) I don't think more physical is necessarily superior defensively. I think that tends to be a necessity of the physically shorter South Americans. If you can't quite compare to the man across from you then you will try to mentally and physically break him.

Since the 1990's, the South American WC champs had legendary attacks and the European WC champs (except tiki taka Spain and 2018 african france) had very strong defenses.

Ranking the units I would take all the SA attacks and all the Euro defenses....

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    LMAO euroscrubs

Tell me one ing euro team that has bad ass mofos like Mina and Sánchez playing together??

Pussy euro ball is for emos and cucks. The real physical game is played in South america

Did you not see that Ecuador VS Uruguay game? That was basically an evening of fortnite

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Nah, I think very few saw

Copa America organizers worried about empty seats in Brazil

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    LMAO euroscrubs

Tell me one ing euro team that has bad ass mofos like Mina and Sánchez playing together??

Pussy euro ball is for emos and cucks. The real physical game is played in South america

Did you not see that Ecuador VS Uruguay game? That was basically an evening of fortnite
    You call us cucks then pound your chest over a couple africans?

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    Nah, I think very few saw

Copa America organizers worried about empty seats in Brazil

That's clearly a picture from the 2016 Copa America in the USA tbh

I took Uruguay with my futures bet, I got them winning..worried about Colombia, though, they looked impressive and motivated, albeit against a trash Argentina team..

I thought about Chile, as well, but I thought they would look washed..hard to tell, since they've only played against Japan..

I took Uruguay with my futures bet, I got them winning..worried about Colombia, though, they looked impressive and motivated, albeit against a trash Argentina team..

I thought about Chile, as well, but I thought they would look washed..hard to tell, since they've only played against Japan..
    Japan fielded a mix of u21, Experimental Players and two Experienced players. They look absolutely washed. A full team would have taken advantage of chile.

Thread Information