Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Not exactly bruh. Hawks just received our #4 pick. I'm sure the side deal from Lakers is for them to take on Mo Wagner, Bonga, and JJ (whose salaries add up to $4,897,224). We actually have $27.8M left in cap space. Add $27.8M to $4.8M, we get roughly $32.6M - without giving up Kuz.
    Then you will be down to three total players on the roster

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Not exactly bruh. Hawks just received our #4 pick. I'm sure the side deal from Lakers is for them to take on Mo Wagner, Bonga, and JJ (whose salaries add up to $4,897,224). We actually have $27.8M left in cap space. Add $27.8M to $4.8M, we get roughly $32.6M - without giving up Kuz.
    Hawks didnt deal with the Lakers for the pick. They traded with the Pelicans and gave the Pelicans three draft picks and took Solomon Hill’s contract. This trade has no bearing on the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shhhhh!

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    How the did Griffen not at least make them take Solomon Hill's contract back? SMH what a ing re you have running things in New Orleans, Pelicans78.
    He got the Hawks to take Hill's contract while getting additional picks.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Then you will be down to three total players on the roster
    Nope. We'd have 4 now, in my scenario. Meet the newest Laker

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    So 4 people. And they would still need to fill out the roster. Signing a max player they obviously wouldn’t be able to do that

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    So 4 people. And they would still need to fill out the roster. Signing a max player they obviously wouldn’t be able to do that
    They won't come close to having cap room for a max player. The deal will get done by July 6th, and unless AD waives his trade kicker, they're gonna have 23 million in cap space.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Foolish talk. Did that stop the Heatles in 2010?

There are ways to fill out the roster son. The most widely known one is when good veteran players get bought out. They sign on with contenders for the minimum to fill out the remaining roster spots.

Instead of having inexperienced kids on their rookie contracts, we'd have experienced vets - making about the same money - or less, as primary backups.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They won't come close to having cap room for a max player. The deal will get done by July 6th, and unless AD waives his trade kicker, they're gonna have 23 million in cap space.
    We'll see son. Your theory of the Lakers not getting to a max has been debunked - by a Mav capologist of all teams - and Davis will waive his kicker for the Lakers.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I am nervous about being top heavy. Just like the Shaq and Kobe days. If Shaq or Kobe went down, we in trouble. Ditto with Nash/Kobe or Pau/Kobe years. Look at the Dubs without KD and Klay. Quality depth matters.

Then look at the Champs. When Kiwi was on DNP-Load Management, the Raps still thumped teams. Why? Quality depth.

Lakers are rolling the dice on Bron and Brow playing 75+ games each. And now they wanna bring in a 3rd max. Well, that's their MO and it's worked 16xs, so I'm here for it!

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Foolish talk. Did that stop the Heatles in 2010?

There are ways to fill out the roster son. The most widely known one is when good veteran players get bought out. They sign on with contenders for the minimum to fill out the remaining roster spots.

Instead of having inexperienced kids on their rookie contracts, we'd have experienced vets - making about the same money - or less, as primary backups.
    They would have more then 10 roster spots to fill. Ain’t nobody playing for free

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first three are garbage, but the picks are nice and getting rid of hill is genius.

Thread Information