Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had 1 team to trade to yet still managed to get a good haul. I was told that was impossible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelicans still shopping that 4th pick lol.
    Griffin wants to move down a few spots, i don't blame him. If you can get a lower pick and a very solid player, you do it, or a future pick, picks

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    How can you say that? RC can find you good players in the draft.
    Spurs need game changers, not semi productive role players. You won't find those players in the high teens, low 20's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, let’s recap:

The 4th pick in a pretty widely acknowledged 3 player draft.
    Blood clot
    Broke shot
    Role player PG
    2 ty late 1st rounders

Oh, and NO has just become the NBAs farm team. They knuckled under, bent over, and took out the lakers trash the next morning. Agents now know they are an easy mark. Look for the Zion trade demand in 3 years.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers just sold their future for a nonexistent present.

The key will be filling out their roster with cheap vets, of course. The Lakers' FO has already shown they can't competently do that.

On the bright side, they won't have to worry about blowing their draft picks anymore.
    The Lakers will have a better record than the Spurs. They will add a third star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC and Pop better be doing something this offseason or this team might not even make the 8th seed. Mavs are one piece away, Lakers are a top 3 team in the west, if the Clippers get Kawhi the next season will be a hard fight and we can't just bet everything on our young guys improving. Spurs need to make a trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers will have a better record than the Spurs. They will add a third star.
    They have said the same for the last six years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Denver to come out of the West next season, thats my prediction. Our window opens after two years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC and Pop better be doing something this offseason or this team might not even make the 8th seed. Mavs are one piece away, Lakers are a top 3 team in the west, if the Clippers get Kawhi the next season will be a hard fight and we can't just bet everything on our young guys improving. Spurs need to make a trade
    I agree with that. We need to choose a course, either make a trade that let's us compete this year or trade away LMA and DDR for picks (now or future).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, let’s recap:

The 4th pick in a pretty widely acknowledged 3 player draft.
    Blood clot
    Broke shot
    Role player PG
    2 ty late 1st rounders

Oh, and NO has just become the NBAs farm team. They knuckled under, bent over, and took out the lakers trash the next morning. Agents now know they are an easy mark. Look for the Zion trade demand in 3 years.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all of you

On the grand scale, this is fine. Despite your personal feelings the Lakers being relevant again is good for the league, especially with the Dubs on the verge of falling apart. Someone has to take up the torch.

Speaking of relevancy, I'm amazed that after all this time so many of you still try to compare SA to LA. They aren't even in the same category impact-wise even though the Spurs have been wildly successful during the Pop era and LA has been the ass of jokes for years now. Five les later, the Spurs never truly mattered outside of Texas, France and Argentina and they never will.

Just be glad the Spurs are still half ass relevant. History could have been different and they could have been a yearly 10th seed like other small market teams and ultimately relocated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a lot of picks. You can't trade consecutive 1st. So the last pick will be traded in 2023

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cowboys aren't going anywhere with Dak at QB.
    Cowboys fans are as delusional as Lakers fans, aren’t they?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see zero bad news for the Spurs, we weren't going to content in the next two years anyway. After two years Lebron will be done, Fakers will have zero assets and a great but injury prone AD and Becky will be ready taking over a new ready made team by Pop. I like the way things are going but we have to be patient.
    You are short sighted not seeing all the other possibilities that will happen over the course of that time frame. Lakers will find a way to add more top players during that time span.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better return than DePression and Puddle tbh

Memphis signing Fathead really saved us from being the worst team in the division smh
    actually we could have used anderson quite a bit this year with our lack of wing defenders

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic Johnson is such a he just tweeted and congratulated Jeanie buss on trading for AD so that Rob Pelinka wouldn’t get credit for making a deal magic obviously couldn’t lol screw all them but still that’s pretty low

Edit *** he congratulated Rob in a separate tweet lol they still a bunch of es though

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have said the same for the last six years.
    They added LeBron last year and AD this year. They are well on their way now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another huge L for the Spurs.. dear god this has been a rough 2.5 years.

THREE ing 1st's and the best we net for the best player on Earth is a loser, a role player big, and a PROTECTED 1st
    Well, the return is always going to be bigger when the player is willing to sign long term with his new team. Would a bigger haul have been worth it even if it meant LeBron and Nephew run the league as Lakers for the foreseeable future? Not to me.

edit: on second thought those picks will be late picks and there's no guarantee any of the three guys ever become as good as DePression, not really the monster haul it appears to be imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic Johnson is such a he just tweeted and congratulated Jeanie buss on trading for AD so that Rob Pelinka wouldn’t get credit for making a deal magic obviously couldn’t lol screw all them but still that’s pretty low

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your move rc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a lot of picks. You can't trade consecutive 1st. So the last pick will be traded in 2023
    When Lebron is 39 years old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just saw I fixed my post lol they’re still a bunch of shady es though

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cant trade away a pick in consecutive years but you can trade it one year and swap it the next ala Boston/ Brooklyn

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just for context Im not a laker hater. I actually enjoyed watching them beat the Celtics and magic during their last run. Also never really hated kobe either. He didn't instill the same hatred as harden, chris Paul and others. Not a fan but I didn't hate them. But I think hiring morons and eventually signing lebron has almost ruined that franchise. They could of developed a very promising young core and been relevant and contending for a decade. Now I think in 3-4 years they'll be in wizards territory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, the return is always going to be bigger when the player is willing to sign long term with his new team. Would a bigger haul have been worth it even if it meant LeBron and Nephew run the league as Lakers for the foreseeable future? Not to me.

edit: on second thought those picks will be late picks and there's no guarantee any of the three guys ever become as good as DePression, not really the monster haul it appears to be imo
    shoulda just sent him to the clips tbh. tobias and2 firsts

Thread Information