Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now everyone in the media will completely overate this move, and proclaim that LeBron will win another ring next year. Good luck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Country tilting from mass migration of bandwagon fans from GS back to LA.
    Yep. Don’t know whether to laugh or cry. I hate the recent GS aura but I also hate the historic Faker allure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still wonder where they're going to get 3 point shooting from. Kuzma better be practicing that 3 shot like a mf. Jimmy wouldn't help a ton there. Kyrie would but man that starting team D would be dreadful

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now everyone in the media will completely overate this move, and proclaim that LeBron will win another ring next year. Good luck.
    le has a 33% finals win rate. he’s not doing if he even gets there lmfao

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No gsw next year. They'll have a great chance at coming out of the West at the very least. The signing of LeBron meant they were required to make moves like this. So prop to them. Of course it's easy when players force themselves on your team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it's not a popular opinion on ST but, the Ingram blood clot things isn't an issue like Bosh's was and most GM's are pretty high on Lonzo. Chicago or Phx would give their 1st for him. This looks like an incredible haul for NOLA to me.

I don't think AD is nearly enough to get LA where they want to be but, they still have a lot of cap left to burn. I wonder if some of the other top FA's will change their mind and consider them now? Even if they still aren't interested $32M is a good bit to add a few role players that might be more valuable than a butler or Kemba type. July will be interesting for them.

I also think NOLA may still move the #4. That should keep things interesting this week. I cant see them wanting DDR if they are keeping lonzo but, I do think LMA would interest them greatly.
    Maybe NO can flip Lonzo to the Suns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nola with Williamson, Hunter, Hart, Holiday, Ball or a trade for 6 maybe and Randle if they keep him and plus about $60 million on the books in salary. Not a bad team for the Nola fans to get excited about. Better than having a malcontent who gets hurt every year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    le has a 33% finals win rate. he’s not doing if he even gets there lmfao
    And from what I have seen of Anthony Davis over the years, he is just another one of those guys that stuffs stats sheets and loses a lot of basketball games. He has missed the post season five times in his career. And in today’s NBA it is not exactly difficult to make the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s what you call trade. NO dove a hard bargain and should get them rebuilding in no time. Great job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But we have culture and Patty Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And from what I have seen of Anthony Davis over the years, he is just another one of those guys that stuffs stats sheets and loses a lot of basketball games. He has missed the post season five times in his career. And in today’s NBA it is not exactly difficult to make the playoffs.
    echoing that sentiment—he’s a big man, which means he has a bigger impact on team success

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelicans still shopping that 4th pick lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR for the 4th pick. Let's start a youth movement. LMA for whoever.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Three future first round draft picks doesn't sound like it includes this year's. If that's the case, What a horrific trade for the Pelicans but David Griffin works for Lebron anyways so I guess it was expected anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NO might trade Ball to Phoenix for their pick. Rumor was Phoenix wanted Ball. 4, 6, Hart and two future 1st not too bad given the cir stances, particularly if one of those 1st is 2021 when two combined classes will be draft eligible.
    2022. They couldn’t get 2021 worked out in time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew this was about to happen as soon as David Griffin became the Pelicans GM and the NBA gifted them the 4th pick smh. Now watch all the ring chasing role players sign with the Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone think the Pels could be interested in moving the Lakers pick our way for DD and our 19th? Throw in the fat point guard too? Ok nevermind.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see zero bad news for the Spurs, we weren't going to content in the next two years anyway. After two years Lebron will be done, Fakers will have zero assets and a great but injury prone AD and Becky will be ready taking over a new ready made team by Pop. I like the way things are going but we have to be patient.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Lebron and the Lakers just got bailed out, huh? It smells like 2008 out here, lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given what just transpired, I would take the Pels future over the Lakers future. I’ve never been as high on Davis as everyone else. And Lebron won’t play any defense at all next year except for the one or two times he decides to go for a highlight reel chase down block. If they sign Butler, then they may be a force to be reckoned with, but as it stands, they just became a mid-tier le contender. Just my opinion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks that the Lakers get another superstar obviously, but I wouldn't overreact to this yet. Between Davis' lack of durability and James' age/mileage, if they're not able to surround them with quality depth (no easy thing when you're as thin as they now are), they not only won't be contenders, they won't even be playoff locks.

As much as it probably pained them to coalesce to Davis and deal with the Lakers, even with how underwhelming the Lakers' youth is and the lack of a foundational piece, on sheer quan y the Pelicans probably did well here (pending the years/protections on the other 2 picks).

Celtics and Spurs are the biggest losers from this, for obvious reasons. Both should be thoroughly embarrassed at their current predicaments.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I see zero bad news for the Spurs, we weren't going to content in the next two years anyway. After two years Lebron will be done, Fakers will have zero assets and a great but injury prone AD and Becky will be ready taking over a new ready made team by Pop. I like the way things are going but we have to be patient.
    In two years, the Spurs will be a perennial lottery team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long until Lonzo demands a trade tbh? I remember Lavar saying a while ago that Zo would rather be in Phoenix than be traded to the Pelicans. Obviously what he says doesn’t mean , but I don’t think Zo is happy about this.
    Why would they even care? Ball sucks and is just a scrub player. Not in position to ask for you now?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, the young players will be ready, Spurs won't be a lottery team, book it. All we have to do is draft well and not do hasty unnecessary moves. I believe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you say that? RC can find you good players in the draft.

Thread Information