Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just curious about why you never do anything but talk about posters. Don't you have any interests at all? Dude, you're totally a bore , ok guy?
    Get off the internet and fix that ing lean-to you live in, Gabby.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Hey fellows, I got a good story I just started this evening. It's a play on that video where the guy sweeps that girl's legs at the pool side party. Here is the URL to the video. This video was lodged here on SpursTalk many years ago by Trainwreck. And I thus dedicate this story to him. Hope you all enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/BvSGau8pp0k

"Sweep the Leg---You have a problem with that?"

by Cubby

She'd captured his eye upon first sight. To his utter amazement shock turned quickly to an ache. Somewhere on the borders of his brain & his heart. Usually the ache centered in his groin, not this time. No. Long legged, body tuned to near gorgeous among a bevy of body tuned gorgeous girls, not women, uh, uh. American girls. "Patty" this---"Patty" that cut through the heavy air. Her girlfriends attentive to the boys, not men, boys, on the precipice of manhood. Right on that scalding sharp edge. She, "Patty" caught him tracking her...& it started...

Chapter One.

He looked away to the sharp blue sky above the motel pool. "Damn, did she catch me?" He peeked. " , she caught me." He scanned again, first dropping his $500 sunglasses over his closely cropped dark brown hair & into exact position. "Is she frowning at me? Yes, I believe she is." He answered his own query. "Why?" Jack's fleeting confidence deflating at an alarming pace. "Get y, or, get gone, boy."

He'd no sooner decided to (get y) when she lifted from the pool lounger and began to approach. "It is you she's approaching ain't it?" Mistake #2 came at once. He turned and quickly confirmed there was no one she was approaching behind him. "Uh, oh."

"Don't stare at me, Jack. What's wrong with you?" The din of the impromptu party eased a measure. Heads began to adjust. "How did she know your name? I have no idea." Again he countered himself.

He could tell at once she was tight, not drunk, but, comfortably lit. "Why couldn't this be easy? It never is easy." He himself had one drink in the motel bar before the bar keep clued him to the goings on outside on the deck. "A lot of fresh ones out there, pal." He turned & immediately found her, drained his glass, paid & tipped and went on out.

"Good luck, pal."

That hard "pal" caused some concern, but, it fell away as he pushed open the door and the oppressive humidity of Florida slammed him, you guessed it-hard.

Chapter Two.

"What?" She was talking to him, but, all he could make sense of was her tone, an accusatory rasp was plain.

"Mr. Hot Stuff, huh?"

"I beg your pardon?" 'I beg your pardon?' Jack silently admonished himself.

"What!? You heard me. Nobody invited you out here." He wanted to ask her about her familiarity with his Christian name, but, didn't dare.

"Patty." Some girl from the gallery section with a beseeching tone. Patty never heard it.

She was absolutely stunning in a white & black bikini. Not a mark, not a stain, not one imperfection to the white, nor the black. Jack's jaw slacked open.

"You'd be cute if you weren't so short." She stopped 6 feet from him.

' in' .' "You ing ."

"What did you call me, shorty?"

"You heard me,,,,,,Patty."

Patty quickly closed the distance to arm's length then hissed: "I believe I'm taller than you, stubby."

"Jack, your temper has no bounds, honey." Mother had told him that once, she'd told him, their only child a thousand times. "Your mother is right, Jack." His father agreeing with her across the dinner table as he concentrated on his plate of food. "Why do I come to dinner with these people?" Silently to himself. "Yes, mom."

"You're welcome. More meatloaf, sweetheart? Made it special for you."

It wasn't true, Patty wasn't taller, it was close, but, a lie & he bit back, hard: "Maybe, but, you got no ass cept your mouth, Patty."

He heard the ohhhs & awes cascade up from the now near silent gallery. Some stirring as well.

He'd hurt her and he regretted it almost at once. Almost.

She backed away from him as the hurt settled on in.

"Buh, bye,,,Patty." Jack's eyes were fire, but, his temper and with it the ever present vengeance, rising like bile.

It happened so fast he still couldn't account for in the aftermath. Patty advanced quickly, tossed her full drink into his face. The melting ice shards caused Jack's hackles to flare. Patty immediately started to back away from him & in a faster gait. He tried to stop himself, but, didn't even come close. He fumbled a bit with his feet at arrival, but, got them straightened out in fast order and proceeded to sweep her legs out from under her. The difference between perhaps an inch, not more than 2 was the difference between jail & love.

Chapter Three.

-Patty never lost consciousness. You need to know this.
    -The back of Patty's head never hit the hard metal foot tube of the lounger by an inch, no more. You need to know this.
    -The back of Patty's head did bounce off the pool deck. You need to know this.
    -The back of Patty's head bounced such because the deck was rubberized. You need to know this.
    -Jack was a black belt in karate. You need to know this.
    -There were no acts of retribution against Jack. You need to know this.
    -Miami-Dade Police were not summoned. You need to know this.
    -Miami-Dade Paramedics were summoned. You need to know this.
    -Patty, Patricia Stafford, 21 years of age was transported to Rampart Hospital for observation at the insistence of the aforementioned Miami-Dade Paramedics. You need to know this.

"You're sure you don't want the Police called, Ms. Stafford?"

"No. Please don't call them. It's not righ...it's not necessary. I don't even need to go to the hospital. I'm fine."

"It's our call, Ms. Stafford."

"Fine. Then take me."

"Yes, Miss."

"Judy, call my mom, please. Tell her I'll be at Rampart & not to worry. I'm fine. You understand?"

"Sure, Pats, no problem. I won't alarm her. No drama, promise. And I'll be right behind you."

"Thanks." She looked around for him, but, there was no sign. The gurney was raised, like on TV and she was wheeled out.

Chapter Four.

As soon as he'd been able to assure his immediate safety by ins uting defensive, instead of offensive karate training Jack assessed the damage.

She was talking, thank Christ. He'd backed off enough to get his bearings and an arc of safety. "You stupid ass, you. I know, I know."

"Should we call the police?" He heard that once, and then again and yet again.

"No!" That voice. That raspy voice cut through the throng of people and noise.

"No! Nobody call the Police. I don't want that. Leave him alone, please. It's not his faul...just don't call the Police, that's all."

"Go, dude, go now." Some skinny guy 12 feet away. A pause, then: "She'll be okay. I'm in Med School. She hasn't been concussed."

"Go, Jack, go now." A black belted asshole. He backed out, never turning his face from the throng gathered around the girl.

Jack started it up & pulled out. The car's air conditioning immediately freezing the sheen of sweat that had formed on him. He was drenched. A shiver ran through his core. He tasted the bile rise in his throat. He heard it before it flashed by. Metro-Dade Paramedics, siren blaring, lights all the haywire.

"Christ. Stop the car. Stop the Goddamn car!" He pulled it over and into a vacant lot. "Just sit here and ing wait. If the cops come you have to go back and face this. And I mean it, Jack. I know, I know." Jack backed it in, dropped the visor & cursed himself no end.

Not a half hour went by when the ambulance, in reverse direction passed the now occupied lot, no siren, no haywire. Just a calm demeanor, speed limit abided.

"Go home, and not that home. Don't do this to the folks, not tonight. They don't need it. They don't deserve it. Suffer alone, asshole. Suffer-the- -alone!"

Jack's apartment was dark & cool. He left the lights off, quickly undressed and showered in the hottest water he could brook.

"You need to eat something, asshole." He forced something down. Some thing threatened to reverse course. He fought and won. Some thing stayed down.

Jack sat in the dark, the outside quickly matching that darkness.

"Make it right."
    "How?"
    "You know how."
    "No."
    "Get the up. Get dressed. Make this right. Account for it."
    " me."

A 1/2 hour on and Jack climbed into his car, set the app & powered it.

"Good evening, Jack, to where shall I guide you this beautiful evening?"

"Rampart Hospital."

(to be continued)
    Last edited by Thread; 06-27-2019 at 12:25 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I usually just ignore Avante's posts 99% of the time but he really is an insufferable clown.

Couldn't even have the decency to respect a fellow old timer's thread. He just had to come in and highjack Cubby's thread too and make it about himself smh.

Thread Information