Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    been a fan since i was five. i've been looking forward to this film as much as i was for endgame and wick III. any other zilla fans in here? any expectations for the movie?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I’m excited. The trailers make it look over the top mindless action but there’s a good enough cast that i still think it will be good

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    i see it as a version of 'destroy all monsters' based on what i've seen of the trailer. it should make up for the chief complaint of godzilla 2014, which was that there wasn't enough godzilla.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I'm a big Ghidorah fan despite homeboy having no arms, so I'm really excited to see what he does in this movie. I also have fond memories of that Godzilla fighting game for the Gamecube.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Looks beautiful. Regardless of the quality of the acting, this is like THE modern day blockbuster monster film where we are blessed with incredible technology.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Looks beautiful. Regardless of the quality of the acting, this is like THE modern day blockbuster monster film where we are blessed with incredible technology.
    Hoping for the best, but...

What's the best CGI film monster?
    Despite all the techno skull- ery, IMO a compelling CGI monster has yet to be created.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Pacific Rim was legit too though...the first one anyway

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pacific Rim was legit too though...the first one anyway
    Yeah it was - really good. But this seems on another level in terms of scale imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I liked the last one, even though it took forever to pick up.. this will be more of the same

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Love the monsters just not Godzilla.

The original was ok but the rest have sucked. And all that Mothra etc stuff......yuck.

What I want to know is what happened to mama Kong? As we know....Son of Kong....so where was mama?

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i see it as a version of 'destroy all monsters' based on what i've seen of the trailer. it should make up for the chief complaint of godzilla 2014, which was that there wasn't enough godzilla.
    Let's hope it's more like Final Wars lol.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hoping for the best, but...

What's the best CGI film monster?
    Despite all the techno skull- ery, IMO a compelling CGI monster has yet to be created.
    There's some truth to this.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Really ecstatic about this one. I remember being a kid and checking out the Godzilla books over and over again from the local library. Also remember when they would have the Godzilla marathon on KTLA 5 for New Year's Eve and would watch the various editions of the lovable lizard. Such battles like Godzilla v. Mecha-Godzilla Godzilla v. Hedorah, Godzilla v. King Ghidorah. I hope this one is good. Either way, I'll watch it and enjoy it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Love the monsters just not Godzilla.

The original was ok but the rest have sucked. And all that Mothra etc stuff......yuck.

What I want to know is what happened to mama Kong? As we know....Son of Kong....so where was mama?
    what made the mothra stuff so unbearable was the creepy little twins that always spoke for mothra. that was sheer nonsense.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Really ecstatic about this one. I remember being a kid and checking out the Godzilla books over and over again from the local library. Also remember when they would have the Godzilla marathon on KTLA 5 for New Year's Eve and would watch the various editions of the lovable lizard. Such battles like Godzilla v. Mecha-Godzilla Godzilla v. Hedorah, Godzilla v. King Ghidorah. I hope this one is good. Either way, I'll watch it and enjoy it.
    yeah. godzilla was a huge part of my childhood cinematic and magazine reading universe.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    exactly what i thought. at the very least, it should be visually stunning.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My most anticipated movie of the year tbh. I actually really enjoyed the first Godzilla despite the human characters being terrible and having too much screen time.

This one looks legit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Who is watching this tomorrow? Reviews are generally mixed but idgaf. I'm gonna see this Friday and enjoy the out of it like Avante enjoyed those kids in Nam.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I won't see it tomorrow, but would like to see it at the theater at some point. I have always enjoyed Godzilla movies, and the last one was pretty good

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I will watch it but it will probably stink.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    I think I watched the previous and it was fine. Not necessarily something I'd sit and watch a second time.

Haven't done Hollywood since the Mary Poppins film. Still need to go see Wick 3.

With so much good foreign content on Netflix, it is difficult to find the motivation for Hollywood

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I was a huge fan of this Monsterverse. I saw it last night and enjoyed it. It's a Godzilla movie, but the nostalgic factor of having the likes of Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mothra was great. It's a summer flick. I'll probably watch it again due to how I was a huge fan of the monster.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was a huge fan of this Monsterverse. I saw it last night and enjoyed it. It's a Godzilla movie, but the nostalgic factor of having the likes of Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mothra was great. It's a summer flick. I'll probably watch it again due to how I was a huge fan of the monster.
    Prob peep it on IMAX tonight.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Prob peep it on IMAX tonight.
    Probably a good call to see it in IMAX. I saw it in Dolby 3D as it was the only time I could catch it and the IMAX is only 3 times starting today (Friday).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    IMAX or nothing IMO..

Thread Information