My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    In one of his more candid moments this past season, NBA commissioner Adam Silver confessed that he was concerned about the mental health of NBA players.

"A lot of players are unhappy," Silver told Bill Simmons at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, attributing much of the anxiety to social media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mental midgets getting paid millions, concern with social media?

either u delete all ur media accounts or just ignore that out of ur head

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Got to get a mental health professional on the staffs. Because they're ultra-rich and famous doesn't mean they're not susceptible to depression and other mental health issues. I mean, Bourdain and Kate Spade were beyond famous and rich and well, they're no longer with us. This would be something that Silver will definitely need to at least address.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    getting abuse by the public as a sports/entertainer is a normal thing,

why these players concern with what a clown in the stands has to verbal abuse at them whether live or on social media affect them?

end of the day the player goes home living it up on their contract, while the fan goes home to his 40k year salary job...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I hope DeFrozen is okay after recent events tbh. I want him to lead the spurs to many 1st round exits tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah right....getting paid millions to play basketball "b-b-but someone said something mean to me on twitter"

give me a break

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    getting abuse by the public as a sports/entertainer is a normal thing,

why these players concern with what a clown in the stands has to verbal abuse at them whether live or on social media affect them?

end of the day the player goes home living it up on their contract, while the fan goes home to his 40k year salary job...
    Agreed. The problem with a lot of these players is they have massively inflated egos due to all the worship they have been receiving since middleschool/hschool. They are not used to people openly criticizing them. When they enter the league they have no clue on how to deal with the criticism on social media or the haters at games.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope DeFrozen is okay after recent events tbh. I want him to lead the spurs to many 1st round exits tbh.
    Damn I was counting on Ingram to lead you to many lotteries.

Thread Information