Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are there really rumors of the Spurs moving up? I've only heard on Spurs talk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are there really rumors of the Spurs moving up? I've only heard on Spurs talk.
    Only speculation stemmed from working out Sekou

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man / I disagree with some of this. But the most egregious one imo is not having Clarke at least in the Goga/Hayes tier. I know his fit is tough but if he develops his potential is every bit as high as most. Hes too accomplished in college and way to athletic to have him so low. Hes got tremendous upside even if its a somewhat long shot he gets there.
    In my first couple drafts, I had Clarke even lower. Like 25-28. He's someone I want to like because the analytics say he's going to be a monster. But then I watch him and my imagination struggles to picture him living up to the hype. The dude's a center who is smaller and lighter than Danny Green. I mean, the NBA is getting smaller but a shooting guard sized center? I don't know, man.

I know there's talk that Clarke could possibly get a jumper and then transition to small forward. While that could theoretically happen, I then think back to how he shot not that long ago and it seems really far-fetched.

We're supposed to believe he's going to go from worse form than most middle school girls (literally) to capable three-point shooter in the NBA? It's possible, I guess, but it's hard for me to believe.

He's a really good athlete, an underrated finisher in the paint and seems to be a high character person. But internet scouts don't want to admit that there's a real possibility that he'll be too small to defend NBA bigs, too uncoordinated to defend NBA smalls and a liability on offense who will need four shooters around him to excel.

There are spots in the NBA where I think Clarke makes sense (for example, next to KAT in Minnesota) but in San Antonio, he'd be a Bol Bol sized gamble without the huge upside.

I also disagree with Hayes/Goga being behind guys like Rui/Little. I would be very happy with Rui/Little at 19 but Hayes/Goga have similar upside (especially Hayes) and lesser question marks. I get C is not a glam position anymore and fit is a concern but they are too solid of prospects with pretty high floors too.
    Understandable, tbh.

I just think centers are easier to find than wings. You hit on a good wing and that's a franchise altering event. You hit on a center in today's NBA and you probably still have a player who could be forced off the court in certain situations.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drafting Okeke 29 resolves having too many rookies next year. I think he can be a really solid player in the mold of Al Horford.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if Zion Williamson is one of the two players with a higher ceiling than Bol, who's the other? Barrett? Or Doumbouya?
    Morant.

Bol's ceiling is basically an unguardable shooter in the same vein as Durant. He probably has a 0.01% chance of making it to his ceiling (and a 60-70% chance of busting) but 7-foot-2 guys who are lifetime 45% three-point shooters at high volume don't come around too often...

Drafting Okeke 29 resolves having too many rookies next year. I think he can be a really solid player in the mold of Al Horford.
    Best comp I've heard is probably less mobile but smarter Covington.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morant.

Bol's ceiling is basically an unguardable shooter in the same vein as Durant. He probably has a 0.01% chance of making it to his ceiling (and a 60-70% chance of busting) but 7-foot-2 guys who are lifetime 45% three-point shooters at high volume don't come around too often...

Best comp I've heard is probably less mobile but smarter Covington.
    I would love Okeke at 29. He’s a gamer and I hope he doesn’t lose athletic ability after his knee

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im not risking losing okeke by seeing if he is available at 29....take him at 19

Head of the Snake look_at_g_shred's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love Okeke at 29. He’s a gamer and I hope he doesn’t lose athletic ability after his knee
    AcL’s aren’t too bad these days, it’s the Achilles that’s a game changer. Plus he’s young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The risk with Okeke is he was borderline quick enough to defend out on the perimeter before tearing his ACL. Post ACL, he might be a full-time big unless he regains 100% of his quickness. If he's a full-time big, his value plummets.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quick shot at making a Spurs big board:

1. Zion
    2. Culver
    3. Hunter
    4. Sekou
    5. Claxton
    6. Barrett
    7. Morant
    8. Bol Bol
    9. Bazley
    10. Samanic
    11. Roby
    12. Porter Jr
    13. PJ Washington
    14. Grant Williams
    15. Thybulle
    16. Rui
    17. Clarke
    18. Keldon Johnson
    19. Cameron Johnson
    20. Jontay Porter
    21. Okeke
    22. THT
    23. Okpala
    24. Little
    Last edited by Dejounte; 06-18-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Head of the Snake look_at_g_shred's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The risk with Okeke is he was borderline quick enough to defend out on the perimeter before tearing his ACL. Post ACL, he might be a full-time big unless he regains 100% of his quickness. If he's a full-time big, his value plummets.
    Definitely worth the risk. With having 2 1sts, you can take that chance. Okeke should be the plan for 29 unless someone unexpected falls (porter jr/KZ/Claxton/bol) I think I’m off the samanic train.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look I 100% know Clarke has risks and he’s awkward as . But I’m betting on him being really good and having a high floor with a high ceiling. I think he’s smart enough and productive enough that he can change games and figure out a way to be at a minimum a profitable role player.

So f*ck you!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clarke sounds like high energy guy who lasts maybe 2 seasons in the league before heading to Istanbul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the write up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a serious note... I wish you were more bold with your draft order. Its just like any other mock draft out there. Its funny because most mock drafts just get it wrong, like way wrong about prospects that if you ordered last year's draft or any year before it compared to the order based off on how good the player became--it would look vastly different.
    Quick shot at making a Spurs big board:

1. Zion
    2. Morant
    3. Culver
    4. Hunter
    5. Sekou
    6. Claxton
    7. Barrett
    8. Bol Bol
    9. Bazley
    10. Samanic
    11. PJ Washington
    12. Porter Jr
    13. Roby
    14. Grant Williams
    15. Thybulle
    16. Rui
    17. Clarke
    18. Keldon Johnson
    19. Cameron Johnson
    20. Jontay Porter
    21. Okeke
    22. THT
    23. Okpala

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao what? I just dont see the need for point guards near the top of a Spurs big board. It would make sense for a general talent big booard. Not a Spurs one. Bet my big board will reflect best players in 2-3 years than yours? Thats what big boards are for. To predict success. Actually my big board caters more to who i think the Spurs will value more for building their team. But it would be close to what it would look like if i was trying to gauge these prospects' NBA careers for all players.

P.S. i shuffled the order a little bit more after thinking about it some more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Derrick Williams deserve to be #2 in his draft? If we look back and projected him as a 2nd rounder, people who did mocks back then would look at you as crazy. But we look at his career now, and we know he should have been. Not sure why people dont try to be bold with their big board.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice info pretty much spot on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hawks have 5, 8 and 17. If a player we like is available at 17, what would it take to move up 2 spots?
    No.19 plus _______? I just don't want us sitting back waiting for that player at 19, only to be Goberted again by the team at 18.
    Man, I feel the same way. I was HOT when we got -blocked for Rudy G!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Bol Bol is there the Spurs better strongly consider taking him. Only other player I'd prefer is Rui
    I want Bol Bol or Nic Claxton at 19 if either is available.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2019 NBA Draft Spurs Big Board

• Zion
    • Ja Morant
    • R.J. Barrett
    • Jarret Culver
    • Darius Garland
    • DeAndre Hunter
    • Sekou Doumbouya
    • Coby White
    • Cam Reddish
    • Bol Bol
    • Kevin Porter Jr
    • Goga Bitadze
    • P.J. Washington
    • Nassir Little
    • Darius Bazely
    • Luka Samanic
    • Isaiah Roby
    • Chuma Okeke
    • Rui Hachimura
    • Nic Claxton
    • Romeo Langford
    • Cameron Johnson
    • Mfiondu Kabengele
    • Keldon Johnson
    • Matisse Thybulle
    • Brandon Clarke
    • KZ Okpala
    • Nickeil-Alexander-Walker
    • Grant Williams
    • Tyler Herro

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just my little crack at a big board

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wishlist- Sekou, Rui, or Nassir

expectation (19th)- Goga, Kevin Porter, or Keldon
    (29th)- Roby, Samanic, or Chuma

Maybe wrong but I anticipate the draft going similar to that, but can’t wait for Thursday! Regardless of who we get it’ll be nice to add some talent to the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have to admit, I'm a little skeptical about some of Zion's measurements... looking at photos and videos, he seems to have a much shorter standing reach than his reported 8'7", which, by the way, is the same as Brandon Clarke's, and is a number people point to as a major shortcoming for Clarke. In pictures at the Naismith awards, Zion seems to be the same height or slightly shorter than Matisse Thybulle, who is variously listed as 6'5" or 6'6". So if Zion is actually 6'5" with a standing reach of 8'5", it's strange that few people are talking about it.

https://medium.com/sportsraid/2019-nba-draft-power-forward-rankings-zion-williamson-brandon-clarke-sekou-doumbouya-rui-hachimura-4d58a7db71d0

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...oto/1135626754

Thread Information