My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edwards have been getting a lot of press lately for his play with team USA and I’m interested in peoples take of his upcoming season.

Personally, I see him putting up big traditional stats area, something like 28 ppg, 5 a, 6 r, 1.5 s and 1 bpg, with ok efficiency (thinking 50% 2pfg, 36% on 3 and 78% FTs. But I see him putting up relatively empty stats where his advances stats will be around 0.1 ws/48, +3 in BPM and 2.5 VORP. I don’t see the wolves improving significantly in anyway as they will fight for a play in spot, maybe making 6th seed if the chips fall.

As an aside, I also somehow see Scoot having a somewhat similar game to him, but with more kick outs and perhaps less scoring. But it’s too early to tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing matters until he and his team start winning playoff series. Maybe he and them will take a step forward, have talent but remains to be seen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the best prediction is that ST will irrationally dislike him as they do with about 99% of the league's good players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have averaged 50 ppg if he played in the 90s tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with OP. The recent Edwards hype/push is mostly a product of Williamson and Morant lacking the availability and image necessary to promote by the league and it's sponsors, so they need another young American with a game and personality that's easy to sell the casuals.

Tatum is still young, but experienced enough that they're figuring out he's more George than James/Durant, so now they've moved on to pretending Edwards can become the "face of the league" post James/Curry because heaven forbid it be a bunch of international (mostly) bigs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far so good

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Agree with OP. The recent Edwards hype/push is mostly a product of Williamson and Morant lacking the availability and image necessary to promote by the league and it's sponsors, so they need another young American with a game and personality that's easy to sell the casuals.

Tatum is still young, but experienced enough that they're figuring out he's more George than James/Durant, so now they've moved on to pretending Edwards can become the "face of the league" post James/Curry because heaven forbid it be a bunch of international (mostly) bigs.
    Not going to dwell on Ants play bc that's speaking for itself but his personality and charisma is beyond anything I can remember in any sport. He is a treasure and you don't usually see that in stars.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not going to dwell on Ants play bc that's speaking for itself but his personality and charisma is beyond anything I can remember in any sport. He is a treasure and you don't usually see that in stars.

Amerisharts and their obsession with worshipping negroballers is amazing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta admit I’m wrong so far. I still don’t see him as worthy of the mvp type hype. The wolves are gelling and gobert is a huge reason. Ant is pulling his weight on O though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For all the we give Gobert, one must admit he has been a key reason to the team success so far... dude is having the best defensive year of his career

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gobert has been great tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the best prediction is that ST will irrationally dislike him as they do with about 99% of the league's good players
    Average upstairs poster be like “Edwards is a loser”

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Average upstairs poster be like “Edwards is a loser”

Drives me nuts when upstairs is like oh Chet's just a role player like he wouldn't be one of the most exciting rookies in years if not for Wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drives me nuts when upstairs is like oh Chet's just a role player like he wouldn't be one of the most exciting rookies in years if not for Wemby
    Upstairs back in the days : "Parker is better than Chris paul"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Upstairs back in the days : "Parker is better than Chris paul"

Where is Chrissy Paul in this photo?
    Oh ya that's right, it's the Finals.

Parker’s shot among five best finishes in Finals (sportsnet.ca)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is Chrissy Paul in this photo?
    Oh ya that's right, it's the Finals.

Parker’s shot among five best finishes in Finals (sportsnet.ca)
    Put Paul with Tim and Manu and Porker with the Clips, Hornets, Harden and see who wina championships

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    checking in after he scored 51 on 29 shots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    clsshles

Thread Information