View Poll Results: Would you sign Durant or Thompson to a max contract?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Durbeta yes

6 50.00%
  • Durbeta no

1 8.33%
  • Thompson yes

4 33.33%
  • Thompson no

1 8.33%
  • I'd sign them both and them shimmy over to Stephons house

3 25.00%
  • No. Neither.

2 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA gossip girl Woj allegedly reporting (per Bleacher Report) that:
    "Kevin Durant is reportedly down to deciding between the Brooklyn Nets, New York Knicks and Golden State Warriors
    in free agency."

Thompson I don't know which teams are purportedly courting him.

Myself I would not give either of these twinkys the max even if they were healthy. But, they could definitely lift some teams from "also ran" to "contender."
    Or could they?
    Given their health, would you sign either one to a max contract?

Last edited by MultiTroll; 06-19-2019 at 10:20 PM.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Durant yes, Klay no

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Durant yes, Klay no

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ACL tears aren't as damaging as they used to be, so I don't think teams are going to view Klay differently..he needs a perfect team around him, though..

Durant is a no-brainer, it's worth the risk..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Harris middleton and d'bust are getting Max, why are we even talking about klay? Of course he is worth it.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to get Super Stars I would think you gamble on either and give them the max. That being said I would argue that Durant's injury could have a more long lasting affect then Klay's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ACL tears aren't as damaging as they used to be, so I don't think teams are going to view Klay differently..he needs a perfect team around him, though..

Durant is a no-brainer, it's worth the risk..
    Oh is that all? How many other players could step in with "the perfect team around them", and win? In Klanus case including WarriorRef when the going got tough, which it did many a playoff game.

Durant needed a 73 win team to get him over the hump. What makes you think he is not going to revert back to OKC days?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant yes, Klay no
    For all of you Durant maxers, unless he gets on another totally stacked team wth makes you think he is going to be any better then what he displayed on OKC? Dooshbag had to join a 73 win team and even then had to be bailed out by Zaza. Next year had to be bailed out by WarriorRef after Lebron gave him a Timmy Duncanesque curbstomping in Game 1 before getting robbed at the end.

Plus it seems like other then Dominique Wilkins the best one can hope for is 80% of previous with Achilles?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could have seen either one joining LeBron and Brow and being a good team. (pre injury).
    Or Durants style would be more like Kawhi joining the Lakers 1st then he stat pads along after.

But this talk of Durant to the Knicks with Irving? What a joke as far as Championship material. Absolute ceiling would be OKC.

Ditto Thompson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it could be a sign and trade to dump either LA or DDR all for either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Contenders? if Durant or Klay go to:

Bucks
    Sixers
    LAL
    Raptors ( don't underestimate Durant) Altho would have had to have been no injury and this year. Who knows what Raptors have for 20-21.)
    Denver

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way in I'd throw max money at Durant; his career as a superstar is done. Klay I'd much rather give a max deal to since ACL tears don't usually kill careers and he's not a guy who uses his athleticism a lot anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess none of you re s remember Kirby post achilles needing 75 shots to score 60 when his team was like 20 games out of the playoffs.....

No ing way I'm throwing max money at Durant

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Imo the only thing Klay needs to be productive is a great 1st option who the defense is focused on, but if you have that he’s a great piece imo because of how much of a threat he is off ball.

The level of KDs play when he returns is probably a coin flip. He’s in better shape than someone like Demarcus so the weight on his Achilles isn’t as big a concern, but he’s also got 12 seasons and almost 1000 games of mileage, which makes a recovery from that injury difficult. If I’m a team like the Knicks that hasn’t had any success in decades, I take the gamble and give him the max, but it’s too much of a risk for Golden State with the amount of luxury tax it would lead to (assuming they re sign him and Klaynus).

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo the only thing Klay needs to be productive is a great 1st option who the defense is focused on, but if you have that he’s a great piece imo because of how much of a threat he is off ball.

The level of KDs play when he returns is probably a coin flip. He’s in better shape than someone like Demarcus so the weight on his Achilles isn’t as big a concern, but he’s also got 12 seasons and almost 1000 games of mileage, which makes a recovery from that injury difficult. If I’m a team like the Knicks that hasn’t had any success in decades, I take the gamble and give him the max, but it’s too much of a risk for Golden State with the amount of luxury tax it would lead to (assuming they re sign him and Klaynus).
    Coin flip is being really generous. I'd be floored if he ever ends up as anything other than an empty stats volume scorer again.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    KD's never going to be peak KD again, but he's still 6'9" and capable of shooting over anyone, and that's still an easy max contract in today's league.

I wouldn't give Klaynus the max even before the ACL tear. Not unless he suddenly learned how to dribble and stopped needing to be spoonfed by the most stacked team ever created.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gay is still a productive player, despite the Achilles tear, and he's the latest example..

If I'm the Knicks or another ty franchise that can't attract FAs, why not take a shot at a historic talent? He'll never be the same, but it's worth the risk if he's even 80% of what he was before..also, despite his injury, he's still a big name who can attract casual fans..

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coin flip is being really generous. I'd be floored if he ever ends up as anything other than an empty stats volume scorer again.
    No wonder the Knicks want him so bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fabbs, my , if you had an NBA max deal, would you still be looking for coupons and daily deals?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fabbs, my , if you had an NBA max deal, would you still be looking for coupons and daily deals?
    I hope I am always looking out for the Krew no matter my financial status.

And there should be no shame in coupon cutting and dealin. Most of these joints are huge corps getting enriched off the backs of others.
    Back to the max, I would purchase lifetime deals for Krew Members at local donuts shops, etc. Preferably Mom n Pop family owned stores.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gay is still a productive player, despite the Achilles tear, and he's the latest example..

If I'm the Knicks or another ty franchise that can't attract FAs, why not take a shot at a historic talent? He'll never be the same, but it's worth the risk if he's even 80% of what he was before..also, despite his injury, he's still a big name who can attract casual fans..
    Agree and for one year, oh absolutely.
    Two? Ya especially since Dominoes is out in year one.
    Three wow here is where the suckage could really be setting in.
    Four? This could be disaster level.
    5 max? No way in . If the Knicks do not get Durant or Thompson, surely other good deals will come along even if its a year or even two years away. Vs 5 years of continued sucking.

Same with the Nets. Considering Domionoes even with Irving and DRussle. No where near worth max for pizza imo.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Warriors say no to a proven dynasty?

The question is for those players, not the franchise. And to GS's detriment, one or both are leaving. IMO, Klay is more likely to stay now; so, that's the silver lining for GS.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Compare and contrast.
    From insufferable got coach comes his usual bull :

Kerr said. "But any time you're trying to retain your own players, I think the song and dance, the pomp and cir stance is unnecessary and I actually think it's unnecessary even for other players. You just got to do what you got to do, but with our group it's just -- conversation."

But lets harken back to merely two years ago when Kerr and the Golden gots had just been beaten by RealMVP LeBron and the Cavs. And this was taken from GayArea sports KNBR:
    Regarding the "Hamptons" gotry:
    "The reception was fit for royalty.It was after the pomp and cir stance when fascinating new details emerged about the Warriors’ pursuit of the seven-time All-Star."
    http://www.knbr.com/2016/07/07/heist-in-the-hamptons-how-the-warriors-won-kevin-durant/

Last edited by MultiTroll; 06-24-2019 at 05:34 PM.

Thread Information