My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the age for console and PC gamers is increasing every year.

I know theres a bad stat somewhere saying the average gamer age is 45 or something but thats largely because of Mobile gaming. In reality its probably closer to the mid 30s.

Having said all that..Since we're entering an era where gaming is finally mainstream.

How do you think developers would take advantage or position their games once All of us reach 50-70 years old.

Our reflexes would probably be so bad at that point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the age for console and PC gamers is increasing every year.

I know theres a bad stat somewhere saying the average gamer age is 45 or something but thats largely because of Mobile gaming. In reality its probably closer to the mid 30s.

Having said all that..Since we're entering an era where gaming is finally mainstream.

How do you think developers would take advantage or position their games once All of us reach 50-70 years old.

Our reflexes would probably be so bad at that point
    hopefully VR technology kicks ass by then and you can control by using eye movements instead of hand/finger muscle memory

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I doubt I'll be interested in gaming at all when I hit 40 let alone 50 or 60.

I took a long long break between 2010 and 2014 and getting back into gaming like I used to was hard. To this very day, I haven't fully recaptured that same longing I had for gaming.

I can still game for up to 5 hours easily now but it's not the same, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, there are plenty of story-driven games out there that don't require lightening reflexes... hopefully that continues to be the case.

As for VR, I hope that never becomes a requirement for console/PC gaming. The limited experience I have with it is that it makes me sick as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I doubt I'll be interested in gaming at all when I hit 40 let alone 50 or 60.

I took a long long break between 2010 and 2014 and getting back into gaming like I used to was hard. To this very day, I haven't fully recaptured that same longing I had for gaming.

I'm 39. You're "here forever," as the Simpsons quote goes. Once a gamer, always a gamer, and you'll find time to game even if it's not your dominant hobby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm 39. You're "here forever," as the Simpsons quote goes. Once a gamer, always a gamer, and you'll find time to game even if it's not your dominant hobby.
    I'm pushing 40 also. I definitely play a of a lot less than I do 10, 20, or more years ago. But I can't imagine never playing them again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way id ever give up gaming. I dont watch movies and Tv series. Sports and Video game are practiclly the only hobbies i have.

I cant imagine ever giving up something i throughly enjoy.

Although i will say at 40 or 50..i probably stick to not so hardcore games. No more Sekiro, bloodborne, God of war etc.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although i will say at 40 or 50..i probably stick to not so hardcore games. No more Sekiro, bloodborne, God of war etc.
    No ing way, no way I'd only play casual .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's the same with a lot of things tbh. I still love music but the older I get, the less I really "get in" to it. When I hear a new song I like, I don't get that same feeling I did when I was younger. Books as well.

I read an article somewhere that explained the music aspect of this. Think it had to do with changing brain chemistry.
    It wouldn't surprise me if this applies to games as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uhhh gaming has been mainstream for the last 25+ years dumbass The only difference is now it's appealing to females as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way id ever give up gaming. I dont watch movies and Tv series. Sports and Video game are practiclly the only hobbies i have.

I cant imagine ever giving up something i throughly enjoy.

I can't speak for how hand eye coordination and reaction times decline at 50, but at near 40, mine don't feel that much worse than when I was younger. Reaction times are still in the 200ms neighborhood and I can reliably make the pixel perfect movements you need to play a genre like shmups well.

Thread Information