Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Is Jabari still considered a inside source??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do trust that Young is dedicated to covering the Spurs, but I don't trust his knowledge of the front office. I also don't think he's reporting on Thybulle as much as just stating his preference. At least I hope not. I will say his list is believable. It's just boring.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He posted this like the day before the Kawhi situation hit the fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's such a fuzzy line these days with writers saying things and not being clear if they have actual insider info, or if they're just stating an opinion or preference... It's obviously in their favor for readers to think the statement is based on insider info, and I think a lot of the time, the writers use this lack of clarity to sound more authoritative.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want pictures of Spurs players shooting free throws at practice he is your guy, if you want legit inside information about the organization look elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you listen “around the league” to determine spurs targets?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This really didn't need a thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want pictures of Spurs players shooting free throws at practice he is your guy, if you want legit inside information about the organization look elsewhere.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a ing clown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari has been putting in work this summer in terms of attending the combine and getting draft interviews. As Chinook said, it's questionable whether he's plugged into what the front office is thinking, tbh. I guess this will be a test of how much we can trust him going forward.

All has been quiet on the Okeke front. Healthy, his range probably would have started around 15 or so. After his torn ACL, he could go anywhere from 20s to about 40. IMO, he's such a good fit that I wouldn't be mad even if the Spurs pick him at 19. It'd be a reach but there's also no guarantee he makes it to 29. At 29, I'd be really happy with the pick. If every other team is in a win-now mode and he drops to 49, that's the ultimate no-brainer.

Samanic is a similar case in that the Spurs might have to draft him at 19 if they love him because it's questionable whether he falls to 29. I like him well enough, tbh. Picking him at 19 would feel like a reach but he has the tools to be good enough to easily justify it if he pans out. At 29, he'd be a really strong pick.

You can't draft Paschall at 19. Even 29 is probably a little bit of a reach but he's a Day 1 contributor so there's some value in that. He can play at SF or PF and would fit decently well. The issue with him is his upside is limited. I can't imagine him being a starter for a serious contender.

Regarding Thybulle, there's a non-zero chance that the Spurs promised to pick him at 29. Someone between 22 and 30 promised to pick him ... so who knows? He's a fit if the Spurs really want a defender but his offense is so limited that I'm skeptical that the Spurs promised him. With the way the front office has built this team as of late, they seem to be purposefully moving away from the one-dimensional 3-and-D types.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he also said that leonard was very open to taking the max with the spurs just about one week before then revealing that leonard wanted out. he also suggested at some point this season that leonard would even be open to the possibility of a return to the spurs. but he has been saying for over a week now that the spurs are high on okeke and thybulle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those questioning what Jabari knows or doesn't know about what PATFO are thinking in this draft, he sure knows more than we know about it because of his job. So, we can talk about him all we want but none of us knows a damn thing who PATFO will pick, either so we might as well read what guys like him have found out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those questioning what Jabari knows or doesn't know about what PATFO are thinking in this draft, he sure knows more than we know about it because of his job. So, we can talk about him all we want but none of us knows a damn thing who PATFO will pick, either so we might as well read what guys like him have found out.
    he may have some access and may even get it right, but his track record is poor enough that it justifies reasonable doubts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari doesn’t have any spurs sources after ting all over them during the Kawhi situation tbh.

that got

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari doesn’t have any spurs sources after ting all over them during the Kawhi situation tbh.

that got

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, and neither is Amico, or anyone else. Only anonymous spurstalk posters can be trusted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes we have so much to talk about talking about the draft is so stupid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that got
    "The name on the back of the jersey is more important than the name on the front".

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To with Jabari.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is my favorite Jabari Young tweet, mere hours before Dejounte Murray was announced out for the year with a torn ACL:

I don't really have any info regarding who the Spurs will draft tonight, but now Eric Paschall, Chuma Okeke, and Luka Samanic have moved a bit lower on the list . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari done lost his SA privileges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari done lost his SA privileges.
    Well, certainly his job with the E-N.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count