My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle Anderson was a summer league MVP man. Chill out

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the bold, I have to say it was a long time coming most people can agree

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle Anderson was a summer league MVP man. Chill out
    As a sop re. They usually dominate the summer league where as rookies struggle. Anfernee Simmons from Portland is a sop re (who?) also dominated the summer league. Same with Mitc Robinson and Jarrett Allen.

Hard to do as a rookie. Not to mention Clarke didn’t get to play in Utah because of draft pick trade issues

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a sop re. They usually dominate the summer league where as rookies struggle. Anfernee Simmons from Portland is a sop re (who?) also dominated the summer league. Same with Mitc Robinson and Jarrett Allen.

Hard to do as a rookie. Not to mention Clarke didn’t get to play in Utah because of draft pick trade issues
    Yeah but Kyle Anderson sucks in general and you know it. the fact that he was MVP of a summer league tells me that accolade means jack tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the main thing samanic has on clarke is age/size. clarke is kinda small for a PF. he's 6'8 with only a 6'8 wingspan which is fairly limiting. samanic isn't really a height/length unicorn but its an obvious limitation for clarke who is pretty squarely a 4. with that said, clarke is closer to a finished product and should be able to contribute much sooner than samanic. he can still add a bit of weight, but not all that much tbh... its also fair to question how good clark was 3 years ago when he was samanic's age

its a classic floor/upside scenario

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I like Brandon Clarke a lot but he is almost 23 tbh. Samanic at 23 will be a completely different player I suspect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Brandon Clarke a lot but he is almost 23 tbh. Samanic at 23 will be a completely different player I suspect.
    Spot on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what's funny? I seen Brandon Clarke made all Summer League 1st team and instantly thought of this website and it's posters. Lmao. Some people are so predictable you could set a timer to them. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think age matters that way. When Luka is 23, Clarke will be 27 and in his physical prime. Maybe two years after that when both are near enough to their peaks, Samanic will be better. But then we're talking six years down the line, and that's a mighty long time to wait on investment. People overrate age and think being absolutely younger is the same as having a higher ceiling. That's how that one thread argues Wiggins is a good player to have (he's only 24!). In realty, you're going to improve the most in your first year no matter how old you are. White and Forbes improved a ton, just like Murray and Walker did. Samanic has a higher ceiling, and I trust the Spurs' coaching staff more than Memphis', but I'm not very inclined to believe the Spurs won out by picking the younger guy. I think it's really possible Clarke would have been the better pick even if he'll never be as good as Samanic can be.

Plus all Clarke needed was a jump shot, and the one he's sporting looks better good now. He definitely would have had an outside chance to start at PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s look at the cast of scrubs that have won Summer League MVP since 2014

2014: Glen Rice Jr.
    2015: Kyle Anderson
    2016: Tyus Jones
    2017: Lonzo Ball
    2018: Josh Hart

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol.... Luka will be just fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s look at the cast of scrubs that have won Summer League MVP since 2014

2014: Glen Rice Jr.
    2015: Kyle Anderson
    2016: Tyus Jones
    2017: Lonzo Ball
    2018: Josh Hart
    “But Tyus Jones is legit. Even the team owner wanted him on your team in 2K MYGYM mode..” ������

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clarke will be more limited than some people expect. He's in more of a Capela role where Samanic projects to have new-NBA skills.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with Spirs drafting Clarke I see is a few months down the road ppl will start to comment that after playing undersize guard and SF, we are now playing undersize PF when Spurs get worse in rebounding.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC was pretty clear why they chose Samanic. He has great tools and if he can put it all together, he would be a special player. As far as Clarke, success in the summer league doesn’t always equate to a great career. Having seen both players, it’s obvious why the Spurs chose Luka. His raw talent jumps off the screen and the potential is much greater than Clarke in my opinion. Also, being older generally speaking, you are more of a finished product.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being older should translate in the Summer League. It's why Quindarry was doing so well -- he's much more polished. He might do well in the NBA proper, but he's clearly more skilled than players younger than him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clarke playing well in summer league isn't surprising at all. In fact, it'd would have been surprising if he didn't do really well there, considering he was historically great production-wise in a similar level of compe ion. His age also helps, as does the fact that summer league teams aren't going to have the wherewithal to take advantage of a player's lack of size.

The questions with him will be: 1) Will his lack of size become an issue in the NBA? 2) Will he be able to shoot? 3) Will he still be an super elite athlete when compared to NBA athletes?

I scoffed at Clarke being a top five prospect in this draft but he certainly has the tools to be productive. From what I've seen, I still don't see the fit in San Antonio that would have justified taking him at 19. We'll see if I'm wrong, tbh. If his production translates cleaner than I think he will, he'll be very, very good right away.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I was the GM I was taking Bazley then Clarke at 19. At 29 Porter Jr was a no brainer with Claxton as an afterthought. Then ship Bryn out for an early second and cash considerations if need be and get Okpala

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's up with searching son? Is it out for good?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our future big five would be an amazing quintet if ALL of them reach their optimum potential!

Poetl at center, Samanic and Walker at forwards, White and Murray at guards!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's up with searching son? Is it out for good?
    Turned it back on a couple days ago. Is it not working for you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turned it back on a couple days ago. Is it not working for you?
    Yep, it's working now. I hadn't tried since the last time I told you about it. Thanks son.

Thread Information