Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Breakfast tacos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s the over/under on games played before landing in Pop’s doghouse in Austin? 20 games? I think Keldon has a better chance at meaningful minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s the over/under on games played before landing in Pop’s doghouse in Austin? 20 games? I think Keldon has a better chance at meaningful minutes.
    Doghouse? What makes you think he's ready to play on the Spurs and would benefit more from playing on the end of the bench in SA? Id be amazed if either Samanic or Keldon get more than the occasional call up when there’s injuries or players are rested and when they are called up they’ll be getting end of game blow out minutes. Doesn’t mean they’re won’t be Spurstalk fans ing about how Pop is holding them back because he’s such a meanie.
    Last edited by picnroll; 10-05-2019 at 10:43 AM.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doghouse? What makes you think he's ready to play on the Spurs and wouldn't benefit more from playing on the end of the bench in SA? Id be amazed if either Samanic or Keldon get more than the occasional call up when there’s injuries or players are rested and when they are called up they’ll be getting end of game blow out minutes. Doesn’t mean they’re won’t be Spurstalk fans ing about how Pop is holding them back because he’s such a meanie.
    Theres a lot to be said for getting lots of reps and playing time in Austin and then being on the bench for spot duty / garbage time for games in Texas and New Orleans.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doghouse? What makes you think he's ready to play on the Spurs and would benefit more from playing on the end of the bench in SA? Id be amazed if either Samanic or Keldon get more than the occasional call up when there’s injuries or players are rested and when they are called up they’ll be getting end of game blow out minutes. Doesn’t mean they’re won’t be Spurstalk fans ing about how Pop is holding them back because he’s such a meanie.

Lyles, Metu, and Dedric Lawson. Unless Lyles quits being an under-achiever, it's not hard to imagine Pop testing Samanic in SA.

Keldon Johnson has an NBA physique and showed that he wants to play gritty defense in SL. And he shot 3's at a very impressive rate in college. Those are exactly the things it would take to at least gat some looks in SA. Especially if he can keep shooting 3's at .381 like he did in college.

They're rookies, which means they probably spend the year in Austin. But every year around the league, there are a few players who force their way onto NBA rosters. Forbes was undrafted, and still got averaged about 8 minutes per game as a rookie - under Pop. And he shot something like .310 from 3P that year, so it's not like he lit it up from the arc. Personally, I'm not high on Samanic's chances, but I think Keldon Johnson has a real chance to earn some minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't expect the rookies to play much but you never know pop loves euro players so I could see him giving luka some minutes. I like keldon more but I can't see pop playing him over any of are wing players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think it depends on injuries. Expecting LMA and Rudy Gay to be healthy the 90% of the season is wishful thinking. Bertrans leaving and untested Lyles equals some time opening up for the Rookies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope someone will be able to take and post some of the preseason practice games. We used to be able to go see the game at the end of the preseason and it was always fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't expect the rookies to play much but you never know pop loves euro players so I could see him giving luka some minutes. I like keldon more but I can't see pop playing him over any of are wing players

I guess a lot of people aren't as concerned about the 3P shooting as I am. Losing Bertans was a big blow for a team that was already lacking in 3P shooting. I think anybody who can shoot from distance is up for a roster spot. If Carrol and Lyles can knock them down, I'm happy with the rookies being in Austin. The Spurs will have a in' G-League team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess a lot of people aren't as concerned about the 3P shooting as I am. Losing Bertans was a big blow for a team that was already lacking in 3P shooting. I think anybody who can shoot from distance is up for a roster spot. If Carrol and Lyles can knock them down, I'm happy with the rookies being in Austin. The Spurs will have a in' G-League team.
    I'm concerned as are the Spurs. Loosing Bertans for nothing was huge. I think it's why Pop went off about the Morris Deal.
    I personally think Lyle's will be gone end of the year. I just don't see how some think he'll be better than Davis. Davis has flaws, but he's been a rotation NBA player.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Luka will get more NBA minutes than Keldon this season due to the logjam at guard and the relative lack of one at PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka looks like a young Harry Connick Jr.
    I bet he has no problem snatching tail...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka looks like a young Harry Connick Jr.
    I bet he has no problem snatching tail...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But every year around the league, there are a few players who force their way onto NBA rosters.
    you mean like Derrick White in his rookie year? Oh nevermind...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will make an average player an all star by getting him to focus on what he does best. Pop can also make a good player end up out of the league by trying to turn them into something they are not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you mean like Derrick White in his rookie year? Oh nevermind...
    No, asshole. If I meant White, I wouldn't have said all this:

But every year around the league, there are a few players who force their way onto NBA rosters. Forbes was undrafted, and still got averaged about 8 minutes per game as a rookie - under Pop. And he shot something like .310 from 3P that year, so it's not like he lit it up from the arc. Personally, I'm not high on Samanic's chances, but I think Keldon Johnson has a real chance to earn some minutes.

If you want to talk about White, go ahead. Don't blame it on me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m excited about Luka’s height and athleticism, but the kid is spending time in Austin this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll be in Austin for most of the season. I like his skillset though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll be in Austin for most of the season. I like his skillset though.
    Yeah, he's got great tools, but he's rawer than sushi...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he's got great tools, but he's rawer than sushi...
    Made me think of that Rico Suave song.
    Lol. Kudos. On purpose, or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs blow a 1st rounder on a guy named Luka bc why not, another Luka is awesome.

Reminds me of the Suns front office, drafting every good guys brother like Taylor Griffin, etc

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really wanted Bazley. I'm gonna give Luka a chance tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs blow a 1st rounder on a guy named Luka bc why not, another Luka is awesome.

Reminds me of the Suns front office, drafting every good guys brother like Taylor Griffin, etc
    Anyone ting on the FO for their drafts is beyond stupid. They do better than most teams that continually draft in the lottery. I'm sorry they didn't draft that ing coke-head/narc Nassir Little to keep you happy.

Thread Information