Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are people getting this he had an at ude problem from

Talking about Keldon dancing around a question playing with Luka...uh KELDON WOULDN'T EVEN WORK OUT FOR THE SPURS SINCE HE THOUGHT HE WAS A LOTTERY PICK

Doesn't Keldon have his own logo and to

Whats his uncle name

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m always surprised at the expectation people have with a 19th pick of the draft. Teams spend years drafting in the top10 and still don’t get talent. If Samanic was drafted with the 5th pick, yes we could complain but 19th pick, really?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't know what everyone see's in him other than his skillset. He seems to have a dynamic style of play although it means nothing if he lacks the strength, IQ, and polish.

Obviously, he's a project, but that doesn't make sense if you're trying to stand pat, make the playoffs, and compete. Why not just draft those players who are clearly ready to contribute if that's the plan? Plug those obvious holes with a Thybulle or Clarke and compete.

To me - the Spurs reached. Time will tell though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't know what everyone see's in him other than his skillset. He seems to have a dynamic style of play although it means nothing if he lacks the strength, IQ, and polish.

Obviously, he's a project, but that doesn't make sense if you're trying to stand pat, make the playoffs, and compete. Why not just draft those players who are clearly ready to contribute if that's the plan? Plug those obvious holes with a Thybulle or Clarke and compete.

Yeah they obviously reached, I don't think anyone argues otherwise. It's just weird seeing, say MO Bamba struggle and asking why an even less quality prospect is struggling.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you have to be so hyperbolic in your statements? Samanic is not "complete trash" as a shooter or close to it. Ben Simmons is complete trash... Luka has, above all, a willingness to shoot; he has good form and a quick, high release point from the games I've watched. Obviously he's not going to be Curry but there's certainly room for improvement there. What catches the eye about Luka is how he handles the ball, which is much closer to a guard than a big. It's part of what makes KD so special (who, by the way, Luka models his game after): guards are too small to effectively guard his shot (someone post that Patty/Forbes on KD pics please), and bigs are too slow to keep up with his moves and handles. He's very far away from that picture but I'd say the ceiling is high.
    Ok, excise the hyperbole, but it matches that of the assessments to those with whom Luka is being compared. Regardless, it's KD's combo of elite shooting, dribbling, and decision-making that make him a superstar. Luka has shown none of those things. His handles, without a shot, are pretty worthless. But maybe he'll become an elite shooter even though he's never shown he can be. I guess we'll see

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Samanic was a bit of a reach at 19.

But it was more than made up for by getting Keldon Johnson at 29.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously doubt that Luka is better than Lyles right now.
    He needs to stay on the vine. Hes not going to save us.
    Hed need to be completely dominating the G league to be ready for the call.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This.

My only issue with Johnson is his three point shot and turnover rate. Both can be fixed and then he’ll be ready.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yup Keldon at 29 was a steal, likewise Queen Mary at 49th is solid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously doubt that Luka is better than Lyles right now.
    He needs to stay on the vine. Hes not going to save us.
    Hed need to be completely dominating the G league to be ready for the call.
    LOL dude... you want to give that dumb Trey Lyles ANOTHER 5000 minutes to make up your mind?

this soft NBA mentality. Mark my words when the NBA realizes that they need to use the FARM system like the MLB and NFL use the Minors and Practice squads the better.

Some mistakenly gets picked at a position called "lottery," and EVERYBODY has to give that meathead 5000 minutes plus of rope to prove that that decision wasn't WRONG.

Trey Lyles SUCKED in college, He sucked in Utah, Sucked in Denver and Now is SUCKING as a STARTER in San Antonio.

This mother er says.

"Oh, Luca, Metu ANY of what..400 guys... suiting up in the G League is Better than that guy who was wrongly Selected at some imaginary position 4 years ago."

STAUSKAS!!!!(rightfully out of the league)

Last edited by TheDrewShow; 01-14-2020 at 05:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, excise the hyperbole, but it matches that of the assessments to those with whom Luka is being compared. Regardless, it's KD's combo of elite shooting, dribbling, and decision-making that make him a superstar. Luka has shown none of those things. His handles, without a shot, are pretty worthless. But maybe he'll become an elite shooter even though he's never shown he can be. I guess we'll see
    So... He's a project? He's obviously a year away and will probably spend two seasons in Austin, I wasn't arguing that. I just don't see why you'd call him trash when he's obviously on the development curve and has shown flashes of what he could do. Of course he's 99% not going to reach KD levels of handles/shooting/IQ but you'd be foolish to expect that of a 19th pick. We'd be lucky to have him develop into a rotation player, tbh, but I'm excited for him and he's got the opportunity to exceed those expectations if he puts it all together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Samanic is a great project. He's talented, he has a great combination of technical and physical skills, he understands the game and has instincts. He's just young and inexperienced.

He is NOT a big. PATFO was wrong with Bertans, pretending he was a PF when he is a SF. I hope they understand Samanic is a forward, he's not a Center at all. Tall players need more time to mature his game because they stopped growing and building his body later than the rest.

Be patient, trust Samanic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic is a great project. ...
    At a time when the Spurs very much need a player, not a project.

Gay... Lyles... Carroll... the Spurs need another player.

He is NOT a big. ...
    He's a modern big. There's a trend away from the heavyweights, both because of changes in how the rules are enforced, and because the heavyweights are usually poor at perimeter defense, and poor in transition, not speedy enough.

Samanic is not a center, as you say. But he could play either forward, in the modern game. Pascal Siakam might be seen as a model for power forwards now - slender, agile, nimble - and Samanic's listed weight is within a couple pounds of Siakam's.

Samanic does not need more bulk, altho he might need more of the toughness that comes with maturity.

From the low block, Samanic has a remarkably quick spin move to his right, a move which is genuinely reminiscent of Siakam. No joke. You can see an example of it on the youtube highlights of the recent game against Rio Grande Valley, the last play of the highlights.

He also has a respectably quick spin move to his left, and he can drive from it.

He jumps well enough to dunk easily. He can drive baseline and do a reverse one-handed dunk.

He could probably play some for San Antonio now, without embarrassing either himself or the Spurs. He assuredly would not be the embarrassment that Brent Forms is.

But the Spurs powers-that-be have decreed he must spend the whole season in Austin, with no hope of parole. Too bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not if you are good.
    You needed time to develop as a poster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m always surprised at the expectation people have with a 19th pick of the draft. Teams spend years drafting in the top10 and still don’t get talent. If Samanic was drafted with the 5th pick, yes we could complain but 19th pick, really?
    Truth nuke

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why all the hate on Luka is crazy its not his fault Poop wont bring him or that RC drafted him. To be honest we got a A + for last years draft I think all 3 guys Will grade out very well when we look back at that draft. We all new Luka was a reach but I like the pick and I think he is going to be a very good player for us for years to come.

You know maybe RC had a plan draft this young kid who will need two years to grow and will feel that position with signing Morris - If that had happen we would not even be talking about Luka TBH.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So... He's a project? He's obviously a year away and will probably spend two seasons in Austin, I wasn't arguing that. I just don't see why you'd call him trash when he's obviously on the development curve and has shown flashes of what he could do. Of course he's 99% not going to reach KD levels of handles/shooting/IQ but you'd be foolish to expect that of a 19th pick. We'd be lucky to have him develop into a rotation player, tbh, but I'm excited for him and he's got the opportunity to exceed those expectations if he puts it all together.
    He's way more than a year away. He's not even g league player yet. The ceiling you all are attributing to him is not fact based. It's fantasy. He's tall and theoretically athletic. He can't shoot. He's not elite at anything.

At the 19th pick, the Spurs would've been much better off getting a quality role player like Clark. At the very least he could've been part of some future trade package.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's way more than a year away. He's not even g league player yet. The ceiling you all are attributing to him is not fact based. It's fantasy. He's tall and theoretically athletic. He can't shoot. He's not elite at anything.

At the 19th pick, the Spurs would've been much better off getting a quality role player like Clark. At the very least he could've been part of some future trade package.
    He could eventually be Siakam or Lyles, it will depends on his work ethics and what he is going to do in the summer. I remember everyone bashing Metu last year, and he had shown tremedous growth over the summer. There is only so much growth you can do in season mainly positional sense and BBQ IQ or minor adjustment to shot mechanics.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I swear it gets dumber and dumber in here all the time.

Dude is averaging 14 ppg and 7.3 RPGs as a 19 year old developmental rookie. And you say he isn't even a G league player.
    Good just don't ever post again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude is averaging 14 ppg and 7.3 RPGs as a 19 year old developmental rookie. And you say he isn't even a G league player.
    This. If Luka shows the same improvement that Metu has from year 1 to year 2 he will be totally dominating GL next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL dude... you want to give that dumb Trey Lyles ANOTHER 5000 minutes to make up your mind?

this soft NBA mentality. Mark my words when the NBA realizes that they need to use the FARM system like the MLB and NFL use the Minors and Practice squads the better.

Some mistakenly gets picked at a position called "lottery," and EVERYBODY has to give that meathead 5000 minutes plus of rope to prove that that decision wasn't WRONG.

Trey Lyles SUCKED in college, He sucked in Utah, Sucked in Denver and Now is SUCKING as a STARTER in San Antonio.

This mother er says.

"Oh, Luca, Metu ANY of what..400 guys... suiting up in the G League is Better than that guy who was wrongly Selected at some imaginary position 4 years ago."

Cringey front office. No wonder they suck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's way more than a year away. He's not even g league player yet. The ceiling you all are attributing to him is not fact based. It's fantasy. He's tall and theoretically athletic. He can't shoot.He's not elite at anything.

Since no one seems to have tackled this part of your post, and you seem dead-set on Luka "can't shoot": Pascal Siakam, the absolute role model for a modern forward that Luka ought to follow, shot 7 3PA his first season. Not even made 7 - SHOT seven. And was over 21 when drafted. Luka is already a better shooter than Siakam was as a rookie, and is younger. Obviously not every player is going to develop at the same rate, but you're seriously pulling at strings for your Luka hate here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This mother er says.

I imagine Pop is just like that when the Spurs are drafting...."We really like this guy Thybu-...."

: "Luka!!!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wristcutters everywhere.

Thread Information