Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast
    Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people arguing about other players who the Spurs did not select, the reality is about who they have NOW! Luca might not be ready this year and may not play even in year 2---like Lonnie Walker and Keldon Johnson wont play regular minutes until his 3pt shot is better than Forbes, which wont be until the off season at best.
    The reality is Luca is not a power forward, he is likely a combo forward, but still has huge upside, Keldon will be interchangeable with Lonnie Walker, but will also huge upside when he hits that 3pt shot.
    How Brandon Clarke does or does not do- does NOT matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people arguing about other players who the Spurs did not select, the reality is about who they have NOW! Luca might not be ready this year and may not play even in year 2---like Lonnie Walker and Keldon Johnson wont play regular minutes until his 3pt shot is better than Forbes, which wont be until the off season at best.
    The reality is Luca is not a power forward, he is likely a combo forward, but still has huge upside, Keldon will be interchangeable with Lonnie Walker, but will also huge upside when he hits that 3pt shot.
    How Brandon Clarke does or does not do- does NOT matter.
    We won't know for at least another three years. Hopefully Puka will finally be ready to lead us to 11th place by then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka vs Luka? lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    drew show on a crusade to on brandon clarke at all costs... he's even developing a 3 point shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    drew show on a crusade to on brandon clarke at all costs... he's even developing a 3 point shot
    He'll likely never be a great shooter. What you're seeing is low volume unguarded shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A role player consistently hitting the few shots he does get. Imagine that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll likely never be a great shooter. What you're seeing is low volume unguarded shots.
    i mean he's not davis bertans. but being able to hit an occasional unguarded shot is actually not a bad trait for a PF to have, believe it or not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean he's not davis bertans. but being able to hit an occasional unguarded shot is actually not a bad trait for a PF to have, believe it or not
    Exactly - that type of even low volume 3PT shooting was all he needed to be “good”. If he was able to shoot that % on a high volume you are talking all star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Too bad he cant take a simple screen hand off from a big. Also, got hurt bad enough he couldn't play here, because all he did the rest of the 3 minutes on the floor was play matador defense and float to the short porch on O.

You BET I'm gonna follow this donk's fave all the way to the inevitable G league 'try to get back to the show' to the playing in China/Japan "I can be a star for the LIl people" phases of his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well start Luka now that LA is going to miss tomorrow's game with shoulder soreness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well start Luka now that LA is going to miss tomorrow's game with shoulder soreness.

to the no! Its poodle power time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad they don't seem to be trying to bring Chim to the game. Talk about DOO DOO doo poo poo poo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Diving into the urine soaked basement to bang out a video, and editing out an entire game to single out a play or two from an above average rookie to suit your narrative. And I thought tholdren was the biggest loser on this forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing is certain, Clarke or Thybulle can get at least a single minute when the guys ahead of them are injured.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing is certain, Clarke or Thybulle can get at least a single minute when the guys ahead of them are injured.
    Probably not on a Pop-coached team, though

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if we will see him in a Spurs uniform at all this year

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people on pounding the rock think Luka might get some run versus Orlando tonight

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2020...-debut-tonight

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All in all, PATFO suck at drafting. Other than the big 3, #2 and maybe George Hill, who else have they drafted? Granted, they only needed role players for 18 years but they have not developed any players.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All in all, PATFO suck at drafting. Other than the big 3, #2 and maybe George Hill, who else have they drafted? Granted, they only needed role players for 18 years but they have not developed any players.

Yep. I have officially stopped listening to anything any of you say from here on out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they are generally good at finding NBA level players at the end of the draft. The talk of Murray, White, Walker being like #2 was ridiculous. I think all three got a chance to be solid contributors to a championship team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they are generally good at finding NBA level players at the end of the draft. The talk of Murray, White, Walker being like #2 was ridiculous. I think all three got a chance to be solid contributors to a championship team.
    well, some people on spurstalk believe it was san antonio's development system, and not his work ethic, qi and physical talent that made Kawhi one of the greatest players in the game's history, for these people, I would say that this conversation is not so ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, some people on spurstalk believe it was san antonio's development system, and not his work ethic, qi and physical talent that made Kawhi one of the greatest players in the game's history, for these people, I would say that this conversation is not so ridiculous.
    Yup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was the combination of both, buddy. Clearly, players like Leonard, Antetokounmpo & Bryant (all drafted around the same spot) have a work ethic few can match. The organizations, teammates & coaching staffs all three were surrounded by helped them all reach their untapped (and unseen) potential.

It isn't mutually exclusive, but you Leonard circle jerk idiots don't get that.

Also, no one has ever claimed that White, Murray or Walker has HOF or top 5 player (in the NBA) potential. Again, you idiots skew things stated to suit your fandom or narrative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They haven't drafted in the lottery for 20+ years but have drafted or acquired 4 HOF level talents. Two (Parker & Leonard) that no one would have ever foreseen as elite level talents. Yet, somehow they suck drafting yadda, yadda, yadda.

The sheer stupidity spewed by some members of this board speaks to the en led, arrogant & spoiled at udes they have. Not the success (or "luck") the team has earned since 1999.

Also, the current situation is a clear & obvious byproduct of drafting late for so long. The jury will be out to see if the current GM & Pop's successor can reach even 0.01% of their success.

Thread Information