Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can go be a surly MAGAt in Serbia or wherever he's from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine if this guy was a good soldier and played ball. He would have gotten court time and been part of the future. Instead he was a ish asshole. I won't miss seeing him spam that stupid behind-the-back dribble maneuver the slowest guy in the league could pick apart.
    The guy had his chances with two teams. Whatever he showed, it wasn't enough. Maybe he'll have better luck in the Latvian leagues with his slow behind the back dribbling euro step junk moves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he can follow ryan richards' career path

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC dropping one last gooey deuce on the spurs before turning to toilet over to Bryan tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a waste of draft pick. Spurs could’ve gotten any of Poole, THT, Matisse, Clarke… all taken after this guy
    Last edited by John B; 03-18-2022 at 01:40 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a mess

i don't understand why they took this guy, even with the possible upside. He was bad in Europe as i said a lot of times during the draft process. A really rare baaad pick by the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a mess

i don't understand why they took this guy, even with the possible upside. He was bad in Europe as i said a lot of times during the draft process. A really rare baaad pick by the Spurs.
    I think it's perfectly understandable why they picked him - he has great tools. They probably thought they could fix what's lacking between his ears but couldn't. Teams draft players based on tools rather than production all the time. This upcoming draft, for example, some team will draft Payton Watson in the first round ( if he stays ) even though he's objectively been beyond terrible. Last year Memphis traded up for Ziaire Williams who was historically bad in college. Some of these are hits, most are misses. Spurs missed, it's OK.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not suggesting he slacked on rehab -or not- but plantar F can be very debilitating.
    Wherever he plays next he'll need to resolve that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's perfectly understandable why they picked him - he has great tools. They probably thought they could fix what's lacking between his ears but couldn't. Teams draft players based on tools rather than production all the time. This upcoming draft, for example, some team will draft Payton Watson in the first round ( if he stays ) even though he's objectively been beyond terrible. Last year Memphis traded up for Ziaire Williams who was historically bad in college. Some of these are hits, most are misses. Spurs missed, it's OK.
    Why Patrick Baldwin will get selected, if he comes out.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs FO should have asked me or any guy that watche him play for Olimpija for the opinion. Whoever was like '' ohh yea, this guy looks great'' is a giant re .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs FO should have asked me or any guy that watche him play for Olimpija for the opinion. Whoever was like '' ohh yea, this guy looks great'' is a giant re .
    No one thought he looked great, including the Spurs. He was a 6'10" guy who flashed some perimeter skills, our roster was loaded with guards and wings, and they thought he might grow up and develop. At #19, that really isn't even much of a reach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one thought he looked great, including the Spurs. He was a 6'10" guy who flashed some perimeter skills, our roster was loaded with guards and wings, and they thought he might grow up and develop. At #19, that really isn't even much of a reach.
    SpursTalk Pathology, Vol. II: If a given prospect fails to develop and busts, it was obvious and bound to happen from day 1; if a prospect surpasses expectations and develops greatly, they "always knew it" and believed in him from day 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpursTalk Pathology, Vol. II: If a given prospect fails to develop and busts, it was obvious and bound to happen from day 1; if a prospect surpasses expectations and develops greatly, they "always knew it" and believed in him from day 1.
    The kid had red flags for at ude and motor, and if you weren’t aware,you weren’t paying attention. The problem is, if those flags weren’t there,he likely goes top 10. It was a reasonable gamble at 19.

You also weren’t paying attention if you didn’t see those flags manifest very early in Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had the body and athleticism to be exactly what the Spurs needed. He could’ve been developed into an all star by the best development system in basketball but he squandered that opportunity. What a waste. He might be the worst self inflicted waste of drafted talent in the Pop era because they’ve valued character above any other trait when drafting. What an idiot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy had his chances with two teams. Whatever he showed, it wasn't enough. Maybe he'll have better luck in the Latvian leagues with his slow behind the back dribbling euro step junk moves.
    Not really. He was pretty much injured the last 3 months otherwise he surely would have gotten a call up from the Knicks. If you call what he got with the Spurs a chance I would strongly disagree. Compared to the cradling of Lonnie Walker Samanic was strapped to a post and flogged daily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. He was pretty much injured the last 3 months otherwise he surely would have gotten a call up from the Knicks. If you call what he got with the Spurs a chance I would strongly disagree. Compared to the cradling of Lonnie Walker Samanic was strapped to a post and flogged daily.
    Luka never showed a 10th of what Lonnie has.

Not sure what any of you see in this dude. He had chances to earn playing time last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not sure what any of you see in this dude. He had chances to earn playing time last year.
    This is probably accurate. Lonnie has grown more than Luka did. But I'd remind you it has only been the last few weeks where Lonnie has gained his confidence. The issue with Luka is that it didn't seem he was ever really given the leash to finally gain his confidence. He was praised by pop one game where he said he'd earned more PT than promptly benched again for like 22 games. That s with a young kid's head.

He clearly has talent upside. He dropped 26 in his debut with the Knicks G league team.

And what makes it all the more frustrating is that we desperately needed his length. Pop seems to show more patience with his guards (undersized) than his big men when we have a glut of undersized guards and a shortage of long big men. We routinely get owned in the paint and by slashing guards that have zero fear going into the paint.

If you'll recall, Luka showed the most promise and the defensive end. Pop could and should have shown more patience with Luka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it bring his ASS back for McDermant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lonnie JUST started to how something. We don’t eve now if the guy will continue this roll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had the body and athleticism to be exactly what the Spurs needed. He could’ve been developed into an all star by the best development system in basketball but he squandered that opportunity. What a waste. He might be the worst self inflicted waste of drafted talent in the Pop era because they’ve valued character above any other trait when drafting. What an idiot.
    Actually it was the opposite on this case. Luka killed it in the Combine, on his first day, with his smooth shooting and athleticism at his size. It’s worth noting it was the same with Joe Wieskamp, who did a great showing with 26pts and 10 rebounds and 42” vertical. Joe seems to be a good character. It seems that lately the Spurs seem to have been weighing players’ performance in the Combine heavily, and something odd like Luka, slipped.
    Last edited by John B; 03-18-2022 at 08:33 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is how I believe they also got Primo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is how I believe they also got Primo
    Exactly

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't understand as i saw not a lot of upside in him, a lot of weaknesses like the motor. Maybe the vision was different here in Europe about him but when a lot of scouts or observers are so low on a guy, it's difficult for me to understand why we took him ( as we are good at finding talent).

About Watson or Williams, i can see some flashes that was not the case with Samanic who was bad in a weak league.
    Last edited by duncan2150; 03-18-2022 at 08:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think his performance in g league can be translated to the big league
    Fool's Gold

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think his performance in g league can be translated to the big league
    Fool's Gold
    Kyle Anderson looked like an All Star during his gleague time.

Thread Information