Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1084
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said this in another thread, but I would have preferred signing Samanic to Alize Johnson. Odds that such a signing turns into nothing are high, but some upside still exists, if you squint. And I'm sure there are gleague dudes to whom I'm totally oblivious whose signing would signal the Spurs had the right strategic commitments and would make more sense to me than the Johnson signing. 15th men usually amount to nothing, but as the Hinkie 76ers proved, the goal should be to develop Jerami Grant and Robert Covington from the 15th position. Those players either stick with your program--inexpensively and with great loyalty in both directions--or they turn into assets to convert. If not Grant, TJ McConnell will do as an end of rotation guy. When a team is ranked last in offense and last in defense, Alize Johnson is not the player you target.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he better than Zollins now? lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said this in another thread, but I would have preferred signing Samanic to Alize Johnson. Odds that such a signing turns into nothing are high, but some upside still exists, if you squint. And I'm sure there are gleague dudes to whom I'm totally oblivious whose signing would signal the Spurs had the right strategic commitments and would make more sense to me than the Johnson signing. 15th men usually amount to nothing, but as the Hinkie 76ers proved, the goal should be to develop Jerami Grant and Robert Covington from the 15th position. Those players either stick with your program--inexpensively and with great loyalty in both directions--or they turn into assets to convert. If not Grant, TJ McConnell will do as an end of rotation guy. When a team is ranked last in offense and last in defense, Alize Johnson is not the player you target.
    Agreed. Alize is what he is. I'd much rather the Spurs take a flyer on someone with potential ... even Samanic, who 95% is still not worth a roster spot. But with someone like Samanic, at least there's a 5% chance he'll end up more valuable than an Alize-type player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You never know just how much flew when Samniac was let go, presumably after the infamous failure to chase down a fast breaking player. If the coaches were really really pissed and let him know that they thought he was a lazy no-good player not worthy to be a Spur, then I doubt that could ever be smoothed over to bring him back under any cir stances.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka Samanic signed a 10-day contract with the Utah Jazz today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess those incredible games for the Maine Lobsters in front of a crowd of three weren't enough to keep him with the Celtics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Hardy giving Luka a 2nd look

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka Samanic signed a 10-day contract with the Utah Jazz today.
    Totes gonna trampoline into s om.
    Dude has a trajectory!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah's just following the example of OKC last year, and will have their highest impact players sit with things like "back tightness" or "sore calf" while they start G-leaguers in an attempt to get better odds in the draft.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 03-29-2023 at 02:56 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that one of Utah's bigs will suddenly come up with an "injury" which will help the Jazz slide down the standings for a better draft position. Playing Sammich will do that as well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic has 9 rebounds and scores 9 against the Spurs. His first useful contribution to the Spurs since they drafted him!

Anyone selling Spurs Wembanyama jerseys yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess those incredible games for the Maine Lobsters in front of a crowd of three weren't enough to keep him with the Celtics.
    Yeah crazy, another G League player signing an NBA contract... Jazz could have picked one one of those one million NCCA "players" who will never sniff the NBA instead, since they play compe ive, team BB for great coaches in front of a big crowd... Nevermind if you could put my cousins playing each others in the Tournament coached by my uncles, and people would still watch with a full arena.
    Last edited by JPB; 03-30-2023 at 03:22 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah crazy, another G League player signing an NBA contract... Jazz could have picked one one of those one million NCCA "players" who will never sniff the NBA instead, since they play compe ive, team BB for great coaches in front of a big crowd... Nevermind if you could put my cousins playing each others in the Tournament coached by my uncles, and people would still watch with a full arena.
    Nice analogy, except you’re stupid. NCAA players can’t just SIGN A DEAL, or there would be no draft process. You have to go through the draft process by either having your eligibility expire, or declaring early. Once you’re drafted and cut, or go undrafted, then you can sign any deal you want. Just watch the post draft process, and note the origin of 95% of the UDFAs. They’ll be undrafted NCAA players, not gleaguers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totes gonna trampoline into s om.
    Dude has a trajectory!
    I still maintain that if Eubanks can manage to stay in the league, so can a healthy Samanic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still maintain that if Eubanks can manage to stay in the league, so can a healthy Samanic.
    Eubanks had the motor to learn, while Samanic feels en led that he already belong. True Samanic has all the skills to becoming an NBA player, just lacks the right at ude.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks had the motor to learn, while Samanic feels en led that he already belong. True Samanic has all the skills to becoming an NBA player, just lacks the right at ude.
    Did you have the same outlook at 23 as you did at 18? Especially if you are constantly being told how great you are from age 10 then learn valuable lessons that you are now in a group that you are no longer special. He was one of the top rebounders in the G League which is largely an effort/technique stat. He outrebounded every Spur player last night. I'd take him right now over every player we have at the 4 save for Sochan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you have the same outlook at 23 as you did at 18? Especially if you are constantly being told how great you are from age 10 then learn valuable lessons that you are now in a group that you are no longer special. He was one of the top rebounders in the G League which is largely an effort/technique stat. He outrebounded every Spur player last night. I'd take him right now over every player we have at the 4 save for Sochan.
    He wasn’t 18,he was 19 when drafted, and 21 when he was cut for being a lazy ass. He’s barely 23 now. It’s nice that you’re still on the Luka train, but 29 other GMs have seen fit to give him nothing more than a 2way or a 10 day in the intervening 2 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if all Luka can manage is a 10 year contract at the end of the season, after all this time, i'd say it's a pretty safe bet that luka's NBA career is nearing dusk.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice analogy, except you’re stupid. NCAA players can’t just SIGN A DEAL, or there would be no draft process. You have to go through the draft process by either having your eligibility expire, or declaring early. Once you’re drafted and cut, or go undrafted, then you can sign any deal you want. Just watch the post draft process, and note the origin of 95% of the UDFAs. They’ll be undrafted NCAA players, not gleaguers.
    Well, that’s a very literal interpretation of the point of his post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t get me wrong. I rooted for Luka, likewise Lonnie and Primo. I thought Luka could be the answer to the mobile stretch 4 that Spurs desperately needed, and had to force Keldon atvthat position. Hardy, if I’m not mistaken, was his Austin coach. But just the same, he sees something in Luka, likewise Ime before at Celtics, to give Luka a 2nd look.

Luka reminds me of Lyle. They have so much skills, but seems en led so they don’t work their butt off. They’re a lot of those players who never made because they are lazy, or could have been great but lacks the proper at ude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if all Luka can manage is a 10 year contract at the end of the season, after all this time, i'd say it's a pretty safe bet that luka's NBA career is nearing dusk.
    10 year contract would be quite impressive imho

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be fooled by counting stats which are mostly a product of minutes (and in the case of points, usage as well).

Sure, like most things there's exceptions to the rule (Love, Sabonis) of t-rex armed types being good rebounders, but Samanic is not one of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got Mamu >>>>> Luka, so we can stop obsessing on Luka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It still hurts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It still hurts

Hardy was his coach at Austin, right? I guess he sees something in him worth 2nd look. I hope it clicks on him now. He’s too skilled to be throwing it away.

Thread Information