Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be compe ive enough to make the 7 or 8 seed. No one thought they were legit le contenders. Rudy was a no brainer on the money and probably a little bit little bit loyalty for choosing to come to the Spurs when he was a FA. Some of those contracts predate Kawhi trade. But also I’m sure they tried to trade Beli to no avail.
    They were already compe ive last year for the 8th seed, no need to sign multi year old dudes and keep other old sorry dudes if the goal is to eek into the 8th spot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of how much your post makes valid points, you have never coached an NBA team. Therefore, all of your points are immediately and completely disregarded as laughable and a waste of time. Why are you even here?

Sincerely,

Sniffers
    I don't understand if you write by sarcasm, because otherwise what you say does not make any sense...
    Just for the sake of the argument, this forum is not only for coaches...and coaches are not necessarly always right in how they think and behave.
    The point in being part of the forum is express ideas, reacting with sharing joy when when all is good and frustration when something doesn't go in the right way...trying to find out, and sharing for understanding if all others are of the same opinion, reasons and solutions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were already compe ive last year for the 8th seed, no need to sign multi year old dudes and keep other old sorry dudes if the goal is to eek into the 8th spot
    Now, and actually for awhile, I have agreed with you. But back in preseason I would have disagreed with you. Before the season started I assumed that the continued growth and improvement of White and Murray would at the very least, propel this Spurs team to contend for a 4th or 5th seed in the playoffs. Not a championship contender, but a significantly better overall team than the year before. Obviously I was wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paschall and KJ are not and will not be better than Clarke. That was easy to see pre-draft and is easy to see now. You are way too high KJ. He’ll be lucky to make the spurs roster...and the spurs are not going to be a good team anytime soon.
    You do realize that as a first rounder, he has a guaranteed contract, and one of the 15 NBA roster spots, right? He’s already made the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh yeah Keldon Johnson was better last as a freshman than Brandon Clarke was. If you think Keldon Johnson won't make the Spurs roster then that proves my point about your basketball knowledge. Like I said Keldon Johnson and Eric Paschall will all be better pro's than Clarke but hey you have a man crush on the guy I get it I think it's strange but hey it's your life.
    I agree that you clearly have a man crush on KJ. The objective evidence (not emotional evidence) shows that others in that draft class (yes including Clarke) were/are better than KJ. KJ didn’t have great numbers at UK.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize that as a first rounder, he has a guaranteed contract, and one of the 15 NBA roster spots, right? He’s already made the Spurs.
    He’s made the Austin spurs and isn’t on the SA spurs actual in game roster. Yes I understand he has a paid contract from the SA spurs organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stand corrected. KJ has played a total of 12mins this year for the SA spurs. I was wrong. Clearly he is the second coming of MJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now, and actually for awhile, I have agreed with you. But back in preseason I would have disagreed with you. Before the season started I assumed that the continued growth and improvement of White and Murray would at the very least, propel this Spurs team to contend for a 4th or 5th seed in the playoffs. Not a championship contender, but a significantly better overall team than the year before. Obviously I was wrong.
    Me too. I thought SA was better. It became obvious though that SA needed much more improvement as the West improved around them. Part of that was a lot of us thought Lonnie/White/Murray (higher ceiling players, even if lower floor exist) would be given leash to improve this team. That didn’t happen.

If you weren’t going to heavily invest in the youth playing to bank on improvement, then you should have gone way harder in FA and trades. But they did neither and here we are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s made the Austin spurs and isn’t on the SA spurs actual in game roster. Yes I understand he has a paid contract from the SA spurs organization.
    Keldon Johnson is on the San Antonio Spurs 15 man NBA roster. He has a guaranteed, first round NBA contract. Every San Antonio game where he doesn't play because he's in Austin, he's listed in the box score as a DNP. He's tracked and counted as an NBA player, usually on an assigned status to Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carroll wishes he had as many minutes as KJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not back in, Clips and Mute Sperg are taking it to them Griz. Prison style

Looks like all the Donks fave Brandon Clarke will get his usual garbage minutes so yall can keep pumping up this Bryn Forbes of Power Forwards
    That will be a common score after the first quarter in all 4 of our playoff games should we make it this year, tbh. I'd rather that happen to them and not us, especially against that got.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not back in, Clips and Mute Sperg are taking it to them Griz. Prison style

Looks like all the Donks fave Brandon Clarke will get his usual garbage minutes so yall can keep pumping up this Bryn Forbes of Power Forwards
    The dude DPG is rational about it he doesn't hate on the Spurs draft picks to prop up Clarke. However the other people who talk up Clarke to on Luka are trolls who have hards on for players they think the Spurs should have drafted.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought there was some Luka news

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people arguing about other players who the Spurs did not select, the reality is about who they have NOW! Luca might not be ready this year and may not play even in year 2---like Lonnie Walker and Keldon Johnson wont play regular minutes until his 3pt shot is better than Forbes, which wont be until the off season at best.
    The reality is Luca is not a power forward, he is likely a combo forward, but still has huge upside, Keldon will be interchangeable with Lonnie Walker, but will also huge upside when he hits that 3pt shot.
    How Brandon Clarke does or does not do- does NOT matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people arguing about other players who the Spurs did not select, the reality is about who they have NOW! Luca might not be ready this year and may not play even in year 2---like Lonnie Walker and Keldon Johnson wont play regular minutes until his 3pt shot is better than Forbes, which wont be until the off season at best.
    The reality is Luca is not a power forward, he is likely a combo forward, but still has huge upside, Keldon will be interchangeable with Lonnie Walker, but will also huge upside when he hits that 3pt shot.
    How Brandon Clarke does or does not do- does NOT matter.
    We won't know for at least another three years. Hopefully Puka will finally be ready to lead us to 11th place by then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka vs Luka? lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    drew show on a crusade to on brandon clarke at all costs... he's even developing a 3 point shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    drew show on a crusade to on brandon clarke at all costs... he's even developing a 3 point shot
    He'll likely never be a great shooter. What you're seeing is low volume unguarded shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A role player consistently hitting the few shots he does get. Imagine that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll likely never be a great shooter. What you're seeing is low volume unguarded shots.
    i mean he's not davis bertans. but being able to hit an occasional unguarded shot is actually not a bad trait for a PF to have, believe it or not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean he's not davis bertans. but being able to hit an occasional unguarded shot is actually not a bad trait for a PF to have, believe it or not
    Exactly - that type of even low volume 3PT shooting was all he needed to be “good”. If he was able to shoot that % on a high volume you are talking all star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well start Luka now that LA is going to miss tomorrow's game with shoulder soreness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well start Luka now that LA is going to miss tomorrow's game with shoulder soreness.

to the no! Its poodle power time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad they don't seem to be trying to bring Chim to the game. Talk about DOO DOO doo poo poo poo

Thread Information