Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1084
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty unusual for a team not to exercise the 4th year of a rookie contract - especially one drafted as high as Samanic. It's really rare to see one just let go after two seasons, and the team eat the third year of his salary. Outside of some terrible injury, I can't remember seeing it happen. I'm sure it has, and someone here can probably dig one up. But it's really unusual, and you have to really want to get rid of a guy to do that.
    Not that unusual, happened with Jalen Smith last season and from Samanic's draft there were Sekou Doumboya, Kabengele and Kevin Porter Jr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that unusual, happened with Jalen Smith last season and from Samanic's draft there were Sekou Doumboya, Kabengele and Kevin Porter Jr.
    I don’t believe that any of those teams ate salary AFTER picking up an option the previous fall. Simply not picking up an option isn’t all that uncommon. The Spurs were one of the first I remember to do that with 2010 #20 pick James Anderson.

KPJ was just essentially salary dumped by Cleveland for a SRP for being a ing psycho. He’s still progressing on his rookie deal in Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is a Luka thread still at the top of Spurstalk?

somebody bump the Scola thread pls. Would be more interesting chit chat at this point.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    /
    I don’t believe that any of those teams ate salary AFTER picking up an option the previous fall. Simply not picking up an option isn’t all that uncommon. The Spurs were one of the first I remember to do that with 2010 #20 pick James Anderson.

KPJ was just essentially salary dumped by Cleveland for a SRP for being a ing psycho. He’s still progressing on his rookie deal in Houston.

C'mon folks. John Salmons was let go because he had some mental issues. And I mentioned injuries - James Anderson had that really bad injury, and was never the same so they let him go.

I was pretty clearly talking about guys that had been part of a team, but then just dumped. I never said that not picking up an option doesn't happen, but it is uncommon and it shows that the team has totally lost faith in the guy. But dumping him and eating his salary for the year? That's not something you see often.

Dumping Samanic the way the Spurs did was a pretty clear statement. "We'd rather have the roster spot for pretty much anyone but you."

How is a Luka thread still at the top of Spurstalk?

It's becasue we're coming up to the draft before you know it. Samanic was sort of a notorious draft topic in SpursLand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seeing things like this actually make me feel bad for Samanic. The guy is only 22 years old and was actually dominating the G-League for the Knicks before he got injured.

Now he’s out of the NBA and probably spiraling into depression.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seeing things like this actually make me feel bad for Samanic. The guy is only 22 years old and was actually dominating the G-League for the Knicks before he got injured.

Made 10m’s. I don’t feel bad for him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC's last final you to the spurs before turning GM duties over to Brian Sometimes Wright tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude would have gotten scads of playing time at PF if he only moved his ass in San Antonio. I'd rather feel bad for single mothers or the women who will have to take rapists' babies to term in ing Oklahoma because of GOP freaks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC's last final you to the spurs before turning GM duties over to Brian Sometimes Wright tbh
    this made me spit my drink

from Wrong to Sometimes Wright. That’s a good one

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess Brian "Two Wrongs Make A" Wright would have been more popular last summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t feel sorry for him at all. Doesn’t seem like he has any self awareness either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ooof, so he's that kinda person, huh..... Yuck. Embarrassing to know he donned a Spurs jersey once and we (well, some of us I guess) rooted for him. What a way to shoot your career in the foot, and on top of that, act like you're not to blame for it? Like others are the problem? Jesus.

It was a good gamble, Luka had all the tools... He just needed to grow the up and use them. Looks like that still isn't the case, and who knows if it ever will be. I don't feel a tad bit sorry for him; he'll probably feel the most sorry for his own self when he's 30+ years old, and realizes the full extent of his decisions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get it. He's depressed bc he's allergic to hard work?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Made 10m’s. I don’t feel bad for him.
    Thankfully it was only $8.47 million total, actually lower probably since no way the owners didn't keep the escrow account in 2019-20 and 2020-21.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude would have gotten scads of playing time at PF if he only moved his ass in San Antonio. I'd rather feel bad for single mothers or the women who will have to take rapists' babies to term in ing Oklahoma because of GOP freaks.
    Oklahoma? You mean texas right? We're the ones with the backass and barbaric heartbeat bill.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going back and seeing how many Spur fans liked this bust of a pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had some hard core fans defending him but the alarms were ringin since his second season for me. I am waiting for next year to see what Primo has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oklahoma? You mean texas right? We're the ones with the backass and barbaric heartbeat bill.
    Oklahoma has banned abortion, too. Florida, Idaho, other red states are making the big push, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oklahoma has banned abortion, too. Florida, Idaho, other red states are making the big push, too.
    One third of the black population has been eliminated due to abortion. Just something to mull over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luca Semanic was a wasted pick. Every NBA team has done that at least once if not many times. Lets learn from our mistakes of the past and move forward instead. Forget Palooka Sammich and move on. Thank god we drafted Keldon Johnson in that same draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://sports.yahoo.com/report-bost...221345341.html

Report: Boston Celtics to sign Luka Samanic to training camp deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luca Semanic was a wasted pick. Every NBA team has done that at least once if not many times. Lets learn from our mistakes of the past and move forward instead. Forget Palooka Sammich and move on. Thank god we drafted Keldon Johnson in that same draft.
    I think the Spurs have learned from it.
    The three first round picks all seem to have very compe ive personalities. Unlike Luka and even Lonnie to a lesser degree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics have cut Samanic. He's only 22 but I'd think his NBA career is over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics have cut Samanic. He's only 22 but I'd think his NBA career is over.
    I didn’t even know he got picked-up by the Celtics. Maybe they asked Derrick in giving him a shot?

He’s expected to play for Maine Celtics in the G-League. I wonder what his problem. He obviously has bball skills. But just personality issue I guess?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has no bball skills

Thread Information