Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing stopping Luka from being a decent player was his strength

Change my mind
    Well, at ude plays a role as well. Have to wait and see on that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    close up of the new ink

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    close up of the new ink

Please don't tell me that's a tattoo of his girlfriend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Last Dance has really gotten dudes working this off season. Looking forward to the dividends for the Spurs, but, also expect many players/teams are putting in the work and improving.
    There is such a deep level of compe ive intensity with MJ. I just watched it and am getting my ass in shape as I approach 60. Very inspiring. Perfect for a dude like Luka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that Charlize Theron?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well at least he is getting some good ink I do not know what the Murray has stated on his shoulder is is an alien a frog or both?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please don't tell me that's a tattoo of his girlfriend
    for his sake I hope it isn’t his girlfriend . Lmao

cool tattoo though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I like Samanic's new build. He thicc. He put on good weight. Boxing should help with his endurance. Plenty times in the Gleague he looked out of breath.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I like Samanic's new build. He thicc. He put on good weight. Boxing should help with his endurance. Plenty times in the Gleague he looked out of breath.
    Good find! Boxing, and second sports in general, are great for NBA players to pick up. I remember Nash talking about the benefits that playing soccer from an early age gave him when on the basketball court. Boxing is also helpful in teaching you propio-ception in regards to your body, general coordination, agility, and fast-twitch movements, all of which Samanic could use for his game. I'm loving this focused side of him, and also noticed the mass gain. Next season can't get here soon enough, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His short wingspan still concerns me, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka is gonna look like Birdman before it's done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's good that it looks like Sam is spec'ing into being a stretch-four and isn't wasting time trying to be a wing. His wingspan isn't great, but he's not the only T-Rex in the league, and Bonner managed to make it work for a long time despite not having the skill-set or athleticism Sam has. Shoot, be strong enough to defend your position, THEN work on the extra stuff. If the Spurs don't get a PF, I could see Luka challenging Lyles for a starting job (provided Trey doesn't get cut, which he might given the financial reality). I'm not displeased with his development so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s awesome that he seems to be really taking off season training seriously. The guy definitely has some talent he just needs to put it all together on the court.

he has got to be able to beat out Lyles for minutes this season or at the very least cut into some of his minutes . If he doesn’t that is a serious problem in my opinion

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Debbie Downer here. I’m concerned people’s expectations are getting too high. I’m glad he’s working out, lifting weights, and boxing, but I want to see if this translates to increased production. Or worse, Pop just doesn’t play him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop can play Samanic for about 10 minutes next season. Just let him get a feel for the game playing spot minutes off the bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Debbie Downer here. I’m concerned people’s expectations are getting too high. I’m glad he’s working out, lifting weights, and boxing, but I want to see if this translates to increased production. Or worse, Pop just doesn’t play him.
    There's nothing you can do about Pop playing the guy. But I agree if folks are thinking Luka's going to come in and be special or even a consistent option, they might want to reconsider. However, I don't think it's hard to see him coming off the bench as a spot-up forward this year. That would be better path to development than going back to Austin.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's nothing you can do about Pop playing the guy. But I agree if folks are thinking Luka's going to come in and be special or even a consistent option, they might want to reconsider. However, I don't think it's hard to see him coming off the bench as a spot-up forward this year. That would be better path to development than going back to Austin.
    I think Bertans-level minutes is a reasonable expectation. If he really improves over the course of the season he could crack the starting lineup because the Spurs don't have many good options at starting 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic is better than Bertans, so I can see him getting those minutes easily. All that er does is shoot. Samanic does more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doing more doesn't make you better, and Bertans is also a decent floor-runner and shot-blocker. Dude has legit athleticism, and that's after tearing up his knee multiple times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doing more doesn't make you better, and Bertans is also a decent floor-runner and shot-blocker. Dude has legit athleticism, and that's after tearing up his knee multiple times.
    Yes, I remember how Bertans played. His shot-blocking were an empty stat and were very unimpactful. When I think of shot-blocking as a positive, it's when players are afraid to shoot it around you because of that skill. No one was afraid of Bertans.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic is better than Bertans, so I can see him getting those minutes easily. All that er does is shoot. Samanic does more.
    Higher potential? Sure. But he hasn’t done much on the court yet to warrant being better than Bertans. I hope he is better and next year shows it. But so far all he has done is have a single above average game in the bubble, lift weights, do some boxing, and get a sweet tattoo that may or may not be an homage to Charlize Theron. Not trying to argue, but there are a lot of unknowns with Luka still.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Higher potential? Sure. But he hasn’t done much on the court yet to warrant being better than Bertans. I hope he is better and next year shows it. But so far all he has done is have a single above average game in the bubble, lift weights, do some boxing, and get a sweet tattoo that may or may not be an homage to Charlize Theron. Not trying to argue, but there are a lot of unknowns with Luka still.
    Meh. I wasn't the biggest Bertans fan. Sure, Luka hasn't shown much but give him minutes (provided he's learned how to rotate on defense) and he'll show quickly how much more valuable he is than a guy who just gets hot from the 3 point line.

Thread Information