Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh it will take time for the rook. I caught all gleague games. He has potential. He has that Lonnie Walker learning curve, and just like Lonnie its gonna be a while for him to earn it.

Samanic not getting minutes is less about Samanic and more about the other players ahead of him, like I posted earlier. The Spurs are not gonna hang those other players out to dry and destroy their careers. Theyre not quality NBA players for sure, but the Spurs will do everything they can so that they can continue their career (doesnt have to be here). Im speaking of Eubanks and Metu here. Those two must be thanking their lucky stars for getting these undeserved (only because they suck) minutes over Samanic. Behind the scenes, i bet the Spurs are making calls to other teams to pick them up via free agency even if they dont get nothing out of it. This is how I envision the Spurs being classy. In turn, Samanic sees that he has to earn the role and sees that the Spurs are a loyal organization. This will aid him in his maturity. Win win on both sides.

The reason Keldon is getting minutes is because anyone he is playing over has already a future in this league. Also, because he has a Kawhi type learning curve where the dude just gets it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh it will take time for the rook. I caught all gleague games. He has potential. He has that Lonnie Walker learning curve, and just like Lonnie its gonna be a while for him to earn it.

Samanic not getting minutes is less about Samanic and more about the other players ahead of him, like I posted earlier. The Spurs are not gonna hang those other players out to dry and destroy their careers. Theyre not quality NBA players for sure, but the Spurs will do everything they can so that they can continue their career (doesnt have to be here). Im speaking of Eubanks and Metu here. Those two must be thanking their lucky stars for getting these undeserved (only because they suck) minutes over Samanic. Behind the scenes, i bet the Spurs are making calls to other teams to pick them up via free agency even if they dont get nothing out of it. This is how I envision the Spurs being classy. In turn, Samanic sees that he has to earn the role and sees that the Spurs are a loyal organization. This will aid him in his maturity. Win win on both sides.

The reason Keldon is getting minutes is because anyone he is playing over has already a future in this league. Also, because he has a Kawhi type learning curve where the dude just gets it.
    I don't buy it. Those other guys careers are not going to get destroyed, they are all marginal players to begin with, end of the bench guys, while Samanic was their highest draft pick last year and presumably a guy they really wanted. Someone in the FO was really high on this pick to risk not getting Johnson with their 29 pick for example (because some other team could have picked Johnson b4 then).

Without Aldridge and Lyles, I think the coaches could have easily carved out more time for Samanic if he had earned it. Everyone else is ahead of where he is at, including Metu. That can't be a good sign. Maybe he will play more in the upcoming games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't buy it. Those other guys careers are not going to get destroyed, they are all marginal players to begin with, end of the bench guys, while Samanic was their highest draft pick last year and presumably a guy they really wanted. Someone in the FO was really high on this pick to risk not getting Johnson with their 29 pick for example (because some other team could have picked Johnson b4 then).

Without Aldridge and Lyles, I think the coaches could have easily carved out more time for Samanic if he had earned it. Everyone else is ahead of where he is at, including Metu. That can't be a good sign. Maybe he will play more in the upcoming games.
    Well, we will see. The Spurs way has always been about milking their assets until they see their peak potential. It wont be a matter of if but when we will start to see the Spurs invest more in his development. I just dont think this is another Metu situation where its clear for everyone to see what is there. With Samanic, he grew over his tenure in the Gleague and improvement is always a thing the Spurs look for in players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahh, hot takes based off a ing scrimmage. I missed this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Luka's IG stories

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka does have that mean ass stare. Him being focused on getting better is all you can hope for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka is a beast. He is the best draft pick since Kawhi. Dude is barely 20 and is already putting up 29, 9, and 9. He's a future MVP... oh wait. You mean our Luka? He's a scrubbier version of Bonner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka is a beast. He is the best draft pick since Kawhi. Dude is barely 20 and is already putting up 29, 9, and 9. He's a future MVP... oh wait. You mean our Luka? He's a scrubbier version of Bonner.
    Imagine picking some Euro project named Sandwich when Thybulle or Clarke were available because you couldn't wait to pick him.

Almost as bad as picking a raw stick figure with no jumper or handles, and chases thots on IG over an NBA ready player in Brogdon who WANTED to play for you.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Clarke or Matisse Thybulle...dammit man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine picking some Euro project named Sandwich when Thybulle or Clarke were available because you couldn't wait to pick him.

Almost as bad as picking a raw stick figure with no jumper or handles, and chases thots on IG over an NBA ready player in Brogdon who WANTED to play for you.
    I agree brah. IG Baller will never be the player his fans think he will become. Dude has no handles and no feel for the game. Brogdon is what I'm hoping White will become. But a Brogdon/White duo would be sick and actually get playing time together bc Brogdon can space the floor.

And they reached with Luka for sure. But I'm hoping that KJ becomes the real deal. The dude has a motor in defense, nastyness, and bully ball. It's about time we got that Mario Ellie toughness back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree brah. IG Baller will never be the player his fans think he will become. Dude has no handles and no feel for the game. Brogdon is what I'm hoping White will become. But a Brogdon/White duo would be sick and actually get playing time together bc Brogdon can space the floor.

And they reached with Luka for sure. But I'm hoping that KJ becomes the real deal. The dude has a motor in defense, nastyness, and bully ball. It's about time we got that Mario Ellie toughness back
    Ain't even mad about KJ, but Puka? What a reach. Would it have really been so awful if he went to someone else when you had Thybulle or Clarke to pick? Imagine Clarke/KJ or Thybulle/KJ. You would be set at the 2&3 or 2&4 for years.

Instead, hopefully Puka becomes something in 3 years. smfh

That White point is a good one btw. People want to point to White as if that makes the DJ over Brogdon pick any better. You wouldn't need this glut of mediocre guards if you had Brogdon, White, and Walker holding it down at the guard positions.
    Last edited by TimDunkem; 07-28-2020 at 11:32 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

omg!!!! I was ROFL over this. Some fans have gotten bitter like me and forgotten their sense of humor. It’s mainly why I love sports forums. The Lol factor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    omg!!!! I was ROFL over this. Some fans have gotten bitter like me and forgotten their sense of humor. It’s mainly why I love sports forums. The Lol factor.
    I would be lolling too if it wasn't so sad.

Puka Sandwich....SMFH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

depressing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ain't even mad about KJ, but Puka? What a reach. Would it have really been so awful if he went to someone else when you had Thybulle or Clarke to pick? Imagine Clarke/KJ or Thybulle/KJ. You would be set at the 2&3 or 2&4 for years.

Instead, hopefully Puka becomes something in 3 years. smfh

That White point is a good one btw. People want to point to White as if that makes the DJ over Brogdon pick any better. You wouldn't need this glut of mediocre guards if you had Brogdon, White, and Walker holding it down at the guard positions.
    It's an even dumber pick when you take into account the Spurs traded a better version of Luka in Bertans. Both the same height. Both got T-rex arms. Both can't rebound worth . But Bertans gives you 4 made 3 pointers a game which is 40% of the Spurs made 3s this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an even dumber pick when you take into account the Spurs traded a better version of Luka in Bertans. Both the same height. Both got T-rex arms. Both can't rebound worth . But Bertans gives you 4 made 3 pointers a game which is 40% of the Spurs made 3s this year
    To bring both Marcus Morris (who went to the Knicks) and DeMarre Carroll (who is being paid to play for Houston now) to the team.

What a joke of a FO.

Now someone will quote me and mention how it's all either Kawhi or MM's fault despite that not explaining why PATFO has ed up just about every single decision they've made since 2017.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka could have theoretically actually been a big (given you some of the spacing that Bertans provides, while also being able to defend/rebound). my issue is that for all the talk about his athletic ability and measurable, he doesnt really look all that explosive on the floor. just sorta floats around

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are all the haters at? Saminac shows up and proves just why he was picked and they all leave.

31 mins, 16pts 6 reb 3 ast and a plus +7 easily tied with Keldon as the best player on the floor today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least we left the season with some hope for Luka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least we left the season with some hope for Luka.
    This is how I am seeing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We Already have pop calling Keldon a Leader, maybe this game was Keldon's example of his deeds if not actual words getting though to Luka. Hopefully this is the start of a Long Term Tandem.

I like White but at 26 he will be near or over 30 when these young prospects Walker, Johnson, and Samanic START hitting there Stride at 24-27. He is NICE but I see him as a bridge to a new era of the Next big 3 , These kids who are all of 20-21.

I have not on Luka's TALENT but his MOTOR, Mental Resilience and for ude. Some guys can GIVE that to their teammates. I think Keldon is that guy. White for sure isn't, as NICE as he is as a late blooming talent. Good for him.
    I am hoping for the best with Luka and I am as impressed with Keldon as everyone else is, but I don't see the rush to get rid of White, unless this is about whether to pay up for him vs. Murray. I do think there could potentially be an issue there. I'd rather keep White than Murray at this point bc I am tired of Murray's low bbiq and ballhogging instagram balling ways.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are all the haters at? Saminac shows up and proves just why he was picked and they all leave.

31 mins, 16pts 6 reb 3 ast and a plus +7 easily tied with Keldon as the best player on the floor today.

He made some open shots. Other than that, he had no impact. For a supposedly athletic guy, he looked like a ing stiff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes gonna take a lil bita time but I think he'll come around!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes gonna take a lil bita time but I think he'll come around!
    Define lil bita time. 5 or 6 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He made some open shots. Other than that, he had no impact. For a supposedly athletic guy, he looked like a ing stiff.
    +1000

Matt Bonner today, after eating a foot long sandwich, would have run circles around this dude. Which is amazing, considering he doesn’t look out of shape at all.

Thread Information