Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I Hope people saw his lateral quickness . He's such a liability on D, really easy to eliminate.

He needs a lot of work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His defensive positioning is ty, he needs to work on that. It's all learning where to be on defense and footwork. That should be easy for him to pick up and comes with experience. If he can defend and knock down open shot he's ready to contribute. The kid got potential

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haters going to Hate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say Luka will be fine. This will be his first offseason as a Spur, let's see how hard he works.

I'd argue Murray's defensive positioning in his rookie year was worse and that was with more minutes. He was a deer in headlights.

Some improvement in defensive positioning and ball handling will make him an impressive player for a 21 year old next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haters going to Hate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka will be fine; some of you are still ty on your jobs 5 years later

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't look stiff at all. He moved his his feet well and has a good first step. He's just lost and the game hasn't slowed down for him yet. Some of you don't know when watching a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the folks commenting obviously didn't watch the game. Lol.

Luka is far from being a stiff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his jumper was encouraging, and he seems to have the potential to be a good defender (on the perimeter), everything else needs a lot of work.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the folks commenting obviously didn't watch the game. Lol.

Luka is far from being a stiff

Those idiots already formed their opinion on him, despite watching him for 5 minutes before yesterday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haters going to Hate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't look stiff at all. He moved his his feet well and has a good first step. He's just lost and the game hasn't slowed down for him yet. Some of you don't know when watching a game.
    This. I was impressed with his quick feet. And even though he screwed up rotations often, he showed good speed trying to recover. Give him a few years and he could (key word here) be a major asset.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He made some open shots.
    I'm not super over the moon about the guy, but frankly tall and able to hit open shots is not necessarily something to sneeze at.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t watch is he better than trey lyles already?

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t watch is he better than trey lyles already?
    Nah. At least I don't think so. But if he is planning to grow at all, he could surpass him pretty quickly.

He looks A LOT like Eubanks in that you can see where they have an amazing play in their minds and the potential to make it happen, but inexperience prevents him from pulling it off. Luka is developing a spin move in the post that looked like it could be surefire once he's out of his awkward fawn stage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched luka since a long time ago, in Europe the Scouts who knows more about him than us said that he is lazy, with a bad feel for the game plus he was a bad defender.

Im a spurs fan so I Hope he will be good but actually I think he id far from ready. His motor and his D are big questions for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs as a team have been routinely getting burned for 130 points and now everyone wants to talk about Luka's D. Stop hating. He had a nice first game scored 16 points. 50% shooting 75% from three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't dislike him on the court. He looked raw, but I think if he had to, he could play a stretch-four role on the team next year. He's not a starter with his lack of girth, but if Gay gets traded, it'd make sense to give Luka his spot in the rotation.

I don't see any point in trashing Sam to pump up anyone else. I want him to succeed and am happy he wasn't a huge failure last night. Does that mean he was the right pick? We'll see. Last night was a reason to hope, not evidence of truth. Still, I'm happy to go into the summer thinking all of the Spurs recent first-rounders can at least hang in the NBA. Even Metu was all right, even though I wouldn't miss him if the team moves on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs as a team have been routinely getting burned for 130 points and now everyone wants to talk about Luka's D. Stop hating. He had a nice first game scored 16 points. 50% shooting 75% from three.

Excuse me but thats a baaad opinion with no argument.

He is the highest pick for the spurs since Duncan and leonard.

We juste exchange about what he is now and what he could be. Stop with "the hate"....
    Last edited by duncan2150; 08-14-2020 at 12:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Define lil bita time. 5 or 6 years
    In 2 or 3 years when he is still 2 years away people are going to be wishing we picked one of the older rookies or Bazley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2 or 3 years when he is still 2 years away people are going to be wishing we picked one of the older rookies or Bazley.
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks like a designated sniper. If he can become more, so much the better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you say this? He looked good yesterday for being his first NBA game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he's so obviously raw that when this team might actually be compe ive again this team will definitely wish it had something better than a poor man's Ilyasova.
    Last edited by TimDunkem; 08-14-2020 at 02:31 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks like a designated sniper. If he can become more, so much the better.
    and he's not even a good shooter. his form looks natural enough, but he's only a 30% 3 point shooter in the gleague. wasn't a high% shooter overseas either... usually upper 20's, low-mid 30's

he hit 3-5 yesterday, sure, but he's far from a sniper

Thread Information