Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1547
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be a shock. How many current NBA players can't make their country's rosters outside of the U.S.? I'd venture the number to be zero.
    I wonder if it has anything to do with the previously broken hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if it has anything to do with the previously broken hand.
    Agreed. Being out for rehabbing an injury is a lot different than just being cut.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that based on facts or are you just pulling out of your ass?
    he didnt play the last 2 games before the tournament starts and the 2 games he played before that, he was . So, cutting him is not something out of the blue.

also, if he did get his tattoo done this week, there is no way he will be making the team, cause that would mean he's in Miami.
    Last edited by Texas_Ranger; 06-25-2021 at 07:45 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rough translation from Croatian website - but we have our answer about Luka.

UNDER "BALLOON", THEN THE DECISION ON EXCESSIVE TWO
    The qualifying tournament will be played under strict epidemiological measures. Therefore, all participants in the so-called. "Balloon" to reduce their contact with the environment. During the three-week preparations for the tournament, coach Veljko Mršić had 15 players at his disposal. After the introductory part, due to the still unhealed injury, the young Luka Šamanić dropped out. Of the current 14 players, two will be outnumbered, and who they are, the coach will announce on Monday, when we will know with which staff we are going into battle for the Olympics. The list includes: Toni Perkovic, Miro Bilan, Toni Katic, Mario Hezonja, Roko-Leni Ukic, Pavle Marcinkovic, Darko Planinic, Mateo Dreznjak, Luka Babic, Roko Rogic, Zeljko Sakic, Ante Zizic, Bojan Bogdanovic and Antonio Jordano.
    https://www.glas-slavonije.hr/467530...jedi-ono-pravo
    Last edited by ace3g; 06-26-2021 at 03:04 AM.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok, so he dropped out cause of the injury. Croatia is actually gonna play the tournament with no PF. Guess they'll be using Bogdanovic or Zizic on that position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks ace3g.

Hate to sound selfish, (as I know how big National team commitments are to some of the players,) but hopefully he gets to spend some time with the development coaches, attends Summer League with the Spurs.

There’s a real chance to earn not only rotation minutes but potentially a starting role too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s strange he would have gone and played in two games with an unhealed injury. I believe he wouldn’t be able to play without Spurs permission if he was injured. I remember something like that from Manu one time. The Spurs didn’t grant him leave to play one summer because he had a stress fracture.

My guess is that the fracture has healed and physically he’s fine bu he needs strength and conditioning to get back in basketball shape and IMO, very likely a lot of repe ion and practice with his shot. This was really my concern with the hand injury, that it would affect his training regimen and shooting practices.

Anyways, thanks for sharing Ace, nice find. Now we’ll have to see if he can play in summer league, and if he does I wouldn’t expect him to shoot well. It sucks that he got injured when he did because he needs a good summer to be ready to compete next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His most recent IG story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he misses Summer League, for whatever reason, He's gonna be further behind in his development. He has to play big minutes next season to stay alive in the compe ion of the team. Time waits for no Croatian.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is so boring. All we get from him in the off season is new tattoos.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you people dissing Luka are going to be eating crow. By the end of next season he he going to be considered our best young prospect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you people dissing Luka are going to be eating crow. By the end of next season he he going to be considered our best young prospect.
    I like Luka...I think he has more upside/talent than anyone on our roster....that said, he's going to have to show a work ethic to get there. His shooting MUST improve drastically between now and the start of the season and it'll take work to get there....he absolutely can do it but he needs to show a mentality of dogged effort that he hasn't shown yet to reach it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow, who could've thought a broken hand wouldn't be healed in less than two ing months for playing basketball purposes. I really wonder sometimes about these medical staffs, how irresponsible they can be, when a players' health is by far their biggest asset and determinator for how their careers will pan out. Luka got off just fine it seems, but re-injuries are extremely common with these sorts of fractures and trying to force your way back into the court earlier than expected. You'd have thought a professional NT player would have better advisors around him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know the spurs are probably signing 3 to 4 new players, one or two which may play his position and could/should be better than him. Not to mention the spurs will have at least 2 new draft picks and summer league players or camp invites. Dare I say maybe a player from a trade. Talk about compe ion. Usually the spurs don't do anything drastic, but this off season already seems a bit different.
    That tall tattooed Croatian needs to get his crap together or else its going to be another really long season on the bench or in the G League , no matter how much potential he has. After that who knows. Decision time is coming real fast for him and the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ain't gonna lie... I have no clue what I saw in this short clip. Even after watching it like 10 times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ain't gonna lie... I have no clue what I saw in this short clip. Even after watching it like 10 times.

Clearly luka,and tre taking a jump shot. Wether or not they went in wtf knows

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this guy doing anything in the Olympics?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this guy doing anything in the Olympics?
    Nope, Croatia didn’t get to the olympics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Croatia didn't make it and Luka withdrew from the team because of his hand injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Demar probably gone, it’s boom or bust for Luka and Walker. They will get plenty of opportunities. I hope they’re hitting the gym and improving their game. Luka needs to shoot the lights out. He got nice form. He got lateral quickness, can guard multiple positions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Demar probably gone, it’s boom or bust for Luka and Walker. They will get plenty of opportunities. I hope they’re hitting the gym and improving their game. Luka needs to shoot the lights out. He got nice form. He got lateral quickness, can guard multiple positions.
    luka will be one of the players i will be keenly interested in watching this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Luka won't play the first half of the season cause Rudy Gay is coming off the bench. No way Pop is letting Gay walk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Luka won't play the first half of the season cause Rudy Gay is coming off the bench. No way Pop is letting Gay walk
    Come again?

Thread Information