Machine gun Kelly? Ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess those Tara Tara Geico commercials really stuck with Luka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really want this guy to be ready next season. He's basically (because of COVID) had 2 years after getting drafted to put on muscle at least and come back hungry for minutes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully he aspires to be the best Luka in Texas!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully he aspires to be the best Luka in Texas!
    Not that I think this will happen but hopefully he becomes the best Luka in Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won’t. Doncic just does too many things too well. What I would settle for is for him to be the best Samanic he can be, and that would be pretty damn good.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hope he was on training before this dinner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hope he was on training before this dinner
    Are Spurs not allowed to eat now? It’s sushi, for s sake. Low fat, high protein. There’s hardly a better way TO consume protein.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If he can do half of what he's showing here, we'd have something special...

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What were the alt jerseys at 1:30 mark?

Also at the 1:50 and 2:14 mark.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who chose background music? Sounds like 90s kids video game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has a combination of physical profile and skill set that no one in this draft has. I mean, it’s freakish JUST that he’s 6’10” and has a 38” vert. Throw in the ability to dribble, drive and shoot, and even 2019 Samanic is a top 5 pick in this raggedy draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm trying to scout Luka through the lens of if he was a 2020 draft prospect.

Notes:
    -His shot is beautiful.
    -any time he gets within 3-5 feet within the basket with a defender on him, it gets ugly. Like Lonnie Walker ugly.
    -his ability to drive is basically what we wish any big in the 2020 draft could do. He's quick enough. Problem is the point I made above... He can't finish. I don't even think it's a strength thing. It's a control thing with his hands.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 09-13-2020 at 06:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka needs to go to the school of Keldon on how to finish.

By the way, for comparison: Precious is older than Luka by 3 months. Toppin is older than Luka by a year and a half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the next step in Luka's evolution is to imitate Dirk Nowitzi's offense. He started doing it towards the end of the gleague season. I saw a couple signature fadeaways and with the knee kicking out. He needs to keep shooting those kinds of shots because he can literally do it over anybody. He needs to stop trying too much to be like KD. His real potential is his shot.

Example of the shot that I think he needs to practice is at 9:36

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka needs to go to the school of Keldon on how to finish.

By the way, for comparison: Precious is older than Luka by 3 months. Toppin is older than Luka by a year and a half.
    If only there was such a school... But Keldon's finishing is something that, IMO, cannot be truly taught. He's relentless, aggressive, and above all very crafty and smart - those off-the-glass high arching shots, that contact absorption whilst still managing to pull up a decent look, his underrated deceleration on drives which catch the defense off-guard, those are all things that most players never develop, let alone master. There's a reason Timmy's bank shots were so effective and lethal, and a reason no player today goes for them consistently (and it isn't that they're "low percentage shots"). I used to think, before this season, that Keldon was simply a good, natural finisher. I've changed my mind since... Keldon has "it". You can't teach what he's got. But you sure can see it.

Regarding Luka, totally agree that he'd be a top prospect in this draft. People here hate on the pick, I myself am not sure whether he'll ever pull it together, but he's a damn good prospect. That combination of size, speed, vert and skill doesn't grow on trees. I really hope he develops, because he is the perfect prototype of modern big and could seamlessly play with most big men we're projected to draft this season, whether it's Precious or Smith or Onyeka or whomever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka's biggest weaknesses are his poor rotations, doesnt set hard screens, and his uncontrolled layups against defenders. Either pass off or don't attempt those layups at all.

Otherwise, we have baby Dirk in our hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only there was such a school... But Keldon's finishing is something that, IMO, cannot be truly taught. He's relentless, aggressive, and above all very crafty and smart - those off-the-glass high arching shots, that contact absorption whilst still managing to pull up a decent look, his underrated deceleration on drives which catch the defense off-guard, those are all things that most players never develop, let alone master. There's a reason Timmy's bank shots were so effective and lethal, and a reason no player today goes for them consistently (and it isn't that they're "low percentage shots"). I used to think, before this season, that Keldon was simply a good, natural finisher. I've changed my mind since... Keldon has "it". You can't teach what he's got. But you sure can see it.

Regarding Luka, totally agree that he'd be a top prospect in this draft. People here hate on the pick, I myself am not sure whether he'll ever pull it together, but he's a damn good prospect. That combination of size, speed, vert and skill doesn't grow on trees. I really hope he develops, because he is the perfect prototype of modern big and could seamlessly play with most big men we're projected to draft this season, whether it's Precious or Smith or Onyeka or whomever.
    Agreed. I think Samanic would do wonders with a non-strictly interior big. He's always paired up with Eubanks and Poetl out there. Give him Jalen to unclog the middle if he wants to make those layups with no one guarding him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got that MPJ three ball going for him, 6'10 quick, high release, not much dip, close to unguardable. The last bubble game showed he can get it off anytime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Squint your eyes and you'll see Luka Samanic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    P00p is the dumbest coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. I think Samanic would do wonders with a non-strictly interior big. He's always paired up with Eubanks and Poetl out there. Give him Jalen to unclog the middle if he wants to make those layups with no one guarding him.
    Agreed lol, was thinking about Smith when writing that up. Just a versatile 5 is what Samanic needs - Jakob limits him because he's a 0 offensively and clogs the lane, forcing Sammich to play in the perimeter full-time which he doesn't excel at (yet). But pair him up with a big that can stretch the defense and force the opposing C off the paint, give him room to work his nifty moves and spins and whatnot, and also a legit partner in the PnR (I fully believe the ceiling for Luka is being the ball-handler in a PnR, I'm not saying he'll ever get there, but that's the peak of his potential) who can either roll to the rim, or stay out on the perimeter and be a legit catch-and-shoot threat for him if he needs a bailout. Jalen Smith... Is that guy. Luka could work with Precious too, but until/unless Achiuwa learns how to shoot, it's not a perfect fit or close to it.

It'll be interesting to see, come next season, whether Luka still looks "two years away". His bubble game was impressive progress, and showed he can at least handle rotational bench minutes, and next season the stakes will be a lot lower for the Spurs, which could work in his favor or against him. It all depends on the work he puts on his game and himself.

He's got that MPJ three ball going for him, 6'10 quick, high release, not much dip, close to unguardable. The last bubble game showed he can get it off anytime.
    Exactly. Quick shot motion + high release point is just god mode shooting. KD made a career out of shooting over people. When you're that tall/big, there's little things the defense can do to you, other than hope you miss.

MPJ is still a though, that dude. I'd take Luka every day of the week, even with the obvious talent disparity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed lol, was thinking about Smith when writing that up. Just a versatile 5 is what Samanic needs - Jakob limits him because he's a 0 offensively and clogs the lane, forcing Sammich to play in the perimeter full-time which he doesn't excel at (yet). But pair him up with a big that can stretch the defense and force the opposing C off the paint, give him room to work his nifty moves and spins and whatnot, and also a legit partner in the PnR (I fully believe the ceiling for Luka is being the ball-handler in a PnR, I'm not saying he'll ever get there, but that's the peak of his potential) who can either roll to the rim, or stay out on the perimeter and be a legit catch-and-shoot threat for him if he needs a bailout. Jalen Smith... Is that guy. Luka could work with Precious too, but until/unless Achiuwa learns how to shoot, it's not a perfect fit or close to it.

It'll be interesting to see, come next season, whether Luka still looks "two years away". His bubble game was impressive progress, and showed he can at least handle rotational bench minutes, and next season the stakes will be a lot lower for the Spurs, which could work in his favor or against him. It all depends on the work he puts on his game and himself.

Exactly. Quick shot motion + high release point is just god mode shooting. KD made a career out of shooting over people. When you're that tall/big, there's little things the defense can do to you, other than hope you miss.

MPJ is still a though, that dude. I'd take Luka every day of the week, even with the obvious talent disparity.
    yeah. I didn't even think about that. Jalen setting a screen for Luka would be a nightmare for defenses. Jalen is pretty elite at screen setting.

Dreaming about it already... Jalen sets a pick for Luka, Luka drives, passes it back to Jalen for a 3! BAM!

Thread Information