Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1547
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his fore head was never big enough... poor guy never had a chance.
    Who would have thought a big forehead is a good scouting sign?

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would have thought a big forehead is a good scouting sign?

well you know what they say about guys with big fore heads, don't you?

jokes aside, holistically speaking the Spurs should add a fore head measurement into the scouting process..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well you know what they say about guys with big fore heads, don't you?

jokes aside, holistically speaking the Spurs should add a fore head measurement into the scouting process..
    Primo and White are big in the forehead department so I think that’s apparently been incorporated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka may have played himself onto the waiver wire tonight.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka may have played himself onto the waiver wire tonight.

15 minutes

11 points

4 boards

really?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -20 with that kind of production is pretty crazy... either the lineups really sucked or he wasn't do anything to help the team one or make a difference... pretty crazy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is this guy worth picking up the 4M team option? Feels like no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop saying this on Year 3 of a young player who has spent 2 seasons not getting played by a non playoff team.

Had he played enough before this moment you’d know:

Last edited by SAGirl; 10-08-2021 at 11:15 PM.

Spurs love forever RobinsontoDuncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs cut him they will have effectively given more of an opportunity to Trey Lyles than a guy that they drafted and developed for two years, knowing full well that he was a project when they drafted him.

Btw, I also watched that game. I thought Luka was good. He was good on defense, especially man, and his help defense was more than solid. He was aggressive on offense, and looked like a guy playing a pre season game after not playing a ton of NBA minutes.

If they cut him, Luka will find his way to another NBA team. And I’m pretty convinced he’s going to be good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s all between the ears with this kid. It’s always been clear that he’s had some confidence issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs cut him they will have effectively given more of an opportunity to Trey Lyles than a guy that they drafted and developed for two years, knowing full well that he was a project when they drafted him.

Btw, I also watched that game. I thought Luka was good. He was good on defense, especially man, and his help defense was more than solid. He was aggressive on offense, and looked like a guy playing a pre season game after not playing a ton of NBA minutes.

If they cut him, Luka will find his way to another NBA team. And I’m pretty convinced he’s going to be good.
    I’m convinced Luka rubbed Pop in a wrong way. He’s gotten big since he got here so obviously he’s in the gym, and still Pop does not play him solid minutes, and for someone who got drafted at 19. I personally like his skill set and it’s just a matter of being comfortable out there. Same thing with Lonnie, they seem too scared to make mistakes out there, spooked. Let him play and make mistakes. What else does this team got to lose? I already know what Bryn brings. Stop giving hin big minutes. Give it to Primo and Luka and Lonnie, and just give them the green signal to just play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They won't cut him on a rebuilding team. I am not worried about that. Aminu is likely out though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -20 with that kind of production is pretty crazy... either the lineups really sucked or he wasn't do anything to help the team one or make a difference... pretty crazy
    The offense pretty much dies whenever he is in the court and there is no Julius Randle to defend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cut him. why do people always say pop is a dictator and ignore the NBA size speed and power curve? it's very hard to adjust to being a rotation nba player and that's why busts are so common. Luka may just top out at a level of compe ion where he's physically not challenged and can dominate.

people overreact to the player friendly NBA coaching. At most other levels of play, assholes are the norm. Luka has ed up under every coach hes played including the national team this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I carefully watched him this game.... He sucks!!! Him and Lonnie needs to be cut an throw Primo in the fire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also in addition to having 4.5 for Bryn Bryn Forms after having 151 games starting while *developing* with the Spurs.......

2021-22
    $1,242,340 Demarre Carroll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his fore head was never big enough... poor guy never had a chance.
    No lies told.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I carefully watched him this game.... He sucks!!! Him and Lonnie needs to be cut an throw Primo in the fire.
    It’s ironic, because to that point, they were our two highest picks (17,19) since Duncan, and our later round picks are playing circles around them. I guess this is what it looks like to swing and miss on a risky bet?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s ironic, because to that point, they were our two highest picks (17,19) since Duncan, and our later round picks are playing circles around them. I guess this is what it looks like to swing and miss on a risky bet?
    When you put it that way, it’s a pretty impressive batting average when you consider all the big swings they’ve taken. They are bound to have misses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker was less of a swing but Luka absolutely was but can’t blame them for seeing the potential. We better not be swinging for the fences with out next few lottery pics. Best available player for the next few years regardless of position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me Luka is in the Ian Mahinmi category... Just highly skilled and talented but too much of something missing. I mean Ian had a solid career after the Spurs. He wasn't great or anything but he was serviceable. He didn't have the best IQ if I can recall and his awareness was lacking but for Luka it's a tenaciousness that is missing and as well as an awareness thing.

Awareness in this system is pretty much a prerequisite to making a career here. It's such a fluid offense and defense that there's a reason PATFO loves ppl with the proverbial and literal big fore head. For example not many players last here that aren't aware. I don't think it's a IQ only a focus thing. Some players got that focus and natural instinct in each setting and others literally appear lost...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will fall solidly in the Ian category. He, too didn’t get a fair shake with SA. Spurs med staff really did blow the diagnosis on his ankle. A year playing big minutes next to Duncan was wasted because of this misdiagnosis. If Samanic received as big a leash as Walker to figure it out I believe he would shine. , even the game he started he only played 14 minutes. After wasting last year on Rudy Gay homage this reeks of the same miscalculation by the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will fall solidly in the Ian category. He, too didn’t get a fair shake with SA. Spurs med staff really did blow the diagnosis on his ankle. A year playing big minutes next to Duncan was wasted because of this misdiagnosis. If Samanic received as big a leash as Walker to figure it out I believe he would shine. , even the game he started he only played 14 minutes. After wasting last year on Rudy Gay homage this reeks of the same miscalculation by the Spurs.
    Possibly, but as it is, he looks like a deer staring into the headlights... He is lost out there. That is a lot of learning to do with a huge cost. This guy is like a new porsche that needs serious work to just be serviceable.

For example, if you watch his minutes, he mucks everything up. And that kind of lack of awareness will require a huge expense to a team that doesn't have much to spare, if you get me. Our margin for error is slim in other words, and this guys will need a lot of error. That's what the GLeague is for tbh. Make your mistakes there. It was so unfortunate there was no GLeague last year cause he could have really used it. You can't have someone be a doctor who hasn't gotten the degree yet and the NBA isn't a place to practice surgery so to speak. I think ppl don't understand that. Like someone in Luka's position doesn't need to be learning on the job with players who are far more ready. It ain't fair for them when they want to win, whether that is likely or not, to have a guy like him imploding all their chances.

Just really watch him play. He is a net negative big time and plays very pubby... (Gaming term for ppl who compete but play in a way that wouldn't work in tourneys, high levels of compe ion, etc.) He's got talent and skill, but as far as the team is concerned, he's not good enough defensively whether that be in the team concept or rebounding and offensively he does toooo much, whether the ball goes in or not. To me he doesn't seem smart. Ideally he would come in and give a burst of energy with hustle, do the spot up three thing, and grab the boards. But something about him that wants to always attack on offense while conversely be allergic to contested boards... Very interesting dynamic...

As I've said he seems to be very misguided... As for me I sense a lot of vanity and arrogance. The arm chair psychologist in me says this guy is bent on being a "Star" and is gonna do whatever he thinks he needs to do for the attention all else and team be damned. FWIW
    Last edited by raybies; 10-10-2021 at 10:24 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing I hate is the Spurs automatically throws their rookies to the D-League. They're gonna do it with Primo too... Everyone isn't CoJo!! I've been watching Brandon Clarke from Memphis, an if im not mistaken they threw him right into the fire an he's pretty much a good role player.

Thread Information