Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you sir. Luka absolutely giving up on that fast break should have earned him an automatic C.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If White's not scoring, I'm not sure the team can afford to start him. The defense is nice, but relying on only Murray and Johnson to get first-contact points feels like a set-up to put the Spurs in holes, and the Forbes/Walker bench may not be able to compensate. Starting one of those guards for White fixes multiple problems, and it leaves open the idea of starting Vassell for McDermott to shore up the defense. I don't think Eubanks or Landale are bad players at all, but I also worry that the bench doesn't really have the players to make them work any more. Young's fit with either has been awkward, and the general lack of size both guys have combined with the bad defense from Walker/Forbes and potentially slow feet of Young means the bench defense may not be very good. If the team starts Murray/White and plays a nine-man rotation, you'd think one of the most common players to remove from the rotation would be the back-up center and just run with Thad. It's not great how many centers they wouldn't be using at that point, but I also feel like despite the investment, the Spurs still need to look for a long-term center prospect anyway. If there's a value trade for Eubanks, I'd be tempted to move him. He's a real NBA player and obviously has chemistry with the other guys. But I just don't know that it's worth it to keep four centers given their short-comings, and Drew is easily the most moveable member of that group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea whether you actually watched the game, with that Samanic score.

I also think Eubanks struggled.

Walker playing like that? A whole other team.

White just doesn't look right and then got the yips. Don't know how to get him back on track.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If White's not scoring, I'm not sure the team can afford to start him. The defense is nice, but relying on only Murray and Johnson to get first-contact points feels like a set-up to put the Spurs in holes, and the Forbes/Walker bench may not be able to compensate. Starting one of those guards for White fixes multiple problems, and it leaves open the idea of starting Vassell for McDermott to shore up the defense. I don't think Eubanks or Landale are bad players at all, but I also worry that the bench doesn't really have the players to make them work any more. Young's fit with either has been awkward, and the general lack of size both guys have combined with the bad defense from Walker/Forbes and potentially slow feet of Young means the bench defense may not be very good. If the team starts Murray/White and plays a nine-man rotation, you'd think one of the most common players to remove from the rotation would be the back-up center and just run with Thad. It's not great how many centers they wouldn't be using at that point, but I also feel like despite the investment, the Spurs still need to look for a long-term center prospect anyway. If there's a value trade for Eubanks, I'd be tempted to move him. He's a real NBA player and obviously has chemistry with the other guys. But I just don't know that it's worth it to keep four centers given their short-comings, and Drew is easily the most moveable member of that group.
    What? Eubanks has no value in the trade market. Not even a 2nd round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? Eubanks has no value in the trade market. Not even a 2nd round pick.
    He's a productive big. If he gets cut, he'll either hang out with another team or being a great overseas player. I just don't see him as the right center for the Spurs bench

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick was definitely an F tonight. That was hard to watch. Samanic with a B, I have no idea how... Glass half full perhaps for your perspective. But I agree he gets by on gene's alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White will get back on track it’s the preseason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a productive big. If he gets cut, he'll either hang out with another team or being a great overseas player. I just don't see him as the right center for the Spurs bench
    Yeah I don’t disagree there just don’t see him having any actual trade value. I’m sure he would get a look from another NBA team if we cut him even if just 10 day contracts here and there but aside from
    his energy he really only does one thing well and that is dunk the ball. Defense is pretty bad, below average rebounder and this apparent new found 3 point stroke has yet to he seen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White will get back on track it’s the preseason
    Your statement is kind of an indictment to him at the same time... like why the is he ting the bed in preseason for a player of his experience and tenure. How can you have a top guy like this on a team who gets the yips in preseason...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its a shame that through all the injuries to both guys, everyone was waiting for the murray/white backcourt to be a thing, and it just hasn't worked. and it's white who hasn't held his end of the bargain. he's fallen off on both sides of the court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One takeaway from this game is the team’s willingness to let it fly from beyond the arc. Unfortunately Forbes and McD are our only real solid 3pt shooters but just the threat of guys pulling the trigger from deep helps open things up. Big change from last season!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you sir. Luka absolutely giving up on that fast break should have earned him an automatic C.
    He's trash an needs to be cut for that play alone. No effort at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your statement is kind of an indictment to him at the same time... like why the is he ting the bed in preseason for a player of his experience and tenure. How can you have a top guy like this on a team who gets the yips in preseason...
    Maybe he’s just rusty who’s shaking off the cobwebs after not playing for what 4or 5 months? If he’s continuing to suck after a couple games into the reg season then I’ll start to worry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he’s just rusty who’s shaking off the cobwebs after not playing for what 4or 5 months? If he’s continuing to suck after a couple games into the reg season then I’ll start to worry
    fair

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's trash an needs to be cut for that play alone. No effort at all.
    Who knows. Never been a fan of this pick even after all of Spurstalk was calling for him to be the face of the franchise after a decent game against the Knicks last year but also seems silly to cut him when you knew he was 2years away from breaking the rotation. With that being said two guys have to go and Luka/Aminu look like the obvious choice based on their preseason performances all though the optionality on those two is greater than guys like KBD and Eubanks who are destined to be career 12th men at best; Luka could still pan out given his size and rare skill set and Aminu could still
    prove to be a valuable trade chip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m more worried about him reinjuring himself after he gets back on track. Appears to be the case so many times with him, he turns the corner then suffers a freak injury and is out for a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m more worried about him reinjuring himself after he gets back on track. Appears to be the case so many times with him, he turns the corner then suffers a freak injury and is out for a while.
    Easy for us to call him a china doll but sometimes it is just bad luck. We should all manage our expectations even if healthy. If he can get back to the level he was performing at peak I think that is a win. Doubt he gets any better than where he was a few years back however.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lack of free throws is going to be a problem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rookie mistakes from Primo , not worried

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone have a clip of that Luka fastbreak you guys are talking about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worried about Derrick White that he is still rusty as this seems to be his thing needing like 10 games to get into a fine rhytm. Problem is he gets injured in game 11 or 12 ... I just hope he can get through this season healthy.

"Babyface assassin" for Primo anyone? I like it ... although its not a sustainable nickname

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worried about Derrick White that he is still rusty as this seems to be his thing needing like 10 games to get into a fine rhytm. Problem is he gets injured in game 11 or 12 ... I just hope he can get through this season healthy.

"Babyface assassin" for Primo anyone? I like it ... although its not a sustainable nickname
    Yeah it seems to cliche for Primo... Primo time/Prime Time is what I'm leaning for. I think it fits but we'll find something. Josh "Prime Time" Primo goes hard as imo. But first he need to get Game Time lol... and right now, I'm not sure where Pop slots him in. I mean he's not kicking his son to the 3rd unit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody talking about Forbes with the game saving stop against Suggs at the end? Wing Stop 2.0, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody talking about Forbes with the game saving stop against Suggs at the end? Wing Stop 2.0, imo.
    See everybody hating on Bryn thinking he was gonna be the Tank Commander but he probably came to lead us to the playoffs. I mean once we lost him we were out and now that he's back he's like the dark night. He's the hero San Antonio deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll talk about him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero, he's a silent guardian; a watchful protector, a dark knight.

Thread Information