Page 30 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Spurs love forever RobinsontoDuncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t really watch last year. But actually his stat last year was not bad. One can even say it was already dominating. It’s confidence with his game and hopefully he got stronger and better conditioning playing consistent minutes the last 6 games. I’m really hoping they give him consistent minutes and not stun his development. Luka to me has the highest ceiling of all, that if he pans out, Spurs see the playoffs for a very long time.
    One of the best things to do with Luka is to watch clips from his summer league right after he was drafted. Look at his physical development and basketball development from then to now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the best things to do with Luka is to watch clips from his summer league right after he was drafted. Look at his physical development and basketball development from then to now.

Thank you. He seems very active back then. But it’s in between plays, not seen on highlights, that catches him just watching sometimes I think. Because he is very skillful even back then, and should be more now that he’s stronger and having more confidence. But I gather from interviews that he knew he needed to improve on all facets, including rebounding and defense, and assert himself. Hopefully we see him more active. He is much more better conditioning with the heavy minutes. I hope Pop give him some burn and not just a filler to satisfy the required 8 players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the positives about how Luka has played this year in the G league bubble is he seems more engaged even without the ball on offense(not the greatest but better than last season) and defensively he is way more engaged which is great. His boxing out and rebounding steadily improved each game I seen and he is hustling way more than he did last season.

those things might not seem like that big of deal to some folks but it’s a big change in how he played last season granted towards the end of the g league season last year he started to play better which is good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    luka is an enigma

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would benefit from another year in the G-League. He could really blossom into something special with the focused coaching he can get there. (Not that the big club isn't focused, but it would be tailored more for just him and they specialize in helping players who are on the cusp, like he is).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would benefit from another year in the G-League. He could really blossom into something special with the focused coaching he can get there. (Not that the big club isn't focused, but it would be tailored more for just him and they specialize in helping players who are on the cusp, like he is).
    I don’t think they can assign him next year without his buy in. Only the first two seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the other hand, the Spurs can also benefit from what Luka can offer now, a mobile big who can hit the 3.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the other hand, the Spurs can also benefit from what Luka can offer now, a mobile big who can hit the 3.
    Don’t get me wrong, I really want to see him play with the big team, but isn’t his three point shooting actually really weak at this point statistically?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka looking like a man amongst boys this time around which is great to see. Usually prospects that pan out tend to play well in Gleague, so seeing him finally look like the Austin Spurs best player is very encouraging.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like seeing his assists increase from last year. Pass out of that double big man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka looking like a man amongst boys this time around which is great to see. Usually prospects that pan out tend to play well in Gleague, so seeing him finally look like the Austin Spurs best player is very encouraging.
    Not just Austin Spurs best player. I think he would’ve been GLeague MVP had he continued playing. He was averaging double double and the team undefeated when he’s on the court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not just Austin Spurs best player. I think he would’ve been GLeague MVP had he continued playing. He was averaging double double and the team undefeated when he’s on the court
    Not that he might not have deserved it, but if there is a gleague MVP, it will go to one of the Golden children on Team Ignite. They have to pamper them to encourage other top HS players to pass on college and jump to the gleague.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that he might not have deserved it, but if there is a gleague MVP, it will go to one of the Golden children on Team Ignite. They have to pamper them to encourage other top HS players to pass on college and jump to the gleague.
    Sad but true.

But Samanic performance was eye opener, albeit the shortened schedule. But I don’t doubt he would have continued dominating. I hope he has Keldon fight to prove he belongs. If Samanic pans out, he could be the 20/10 that Spurs need, and Aldridge replacement.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw the second half of the last game Samanic played in the gubble and thought he was abysmal. Popped out past the three point after every lazy screen he set and if he touched the ball he chucked it. I didn’t see him impact the game defensively and the only rebounding he did was when the ball came directly to him. The few times he attacked the basket he didn’t finish against sub-par compe ion. I hope he grows as a player but I’m not optimistic that he will do particularly well in the near-term, I guess he can prove me wrong tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw the second half of the last game Samanic played in the gubble and thought he was abysmal. Popped out past the three point after every lazy screen he set and if he touched the ball he chucked it. I didn’t see him impact the game defensively and the only rebounding he did was when the ball came directly to him. The few times he attacked the basket he didn’t finish against sub-par compe ion. I hope he grows as a player but I’m not optimistic that he will do particularly well in the near-term, I guess he can prove me wrong tonight.
    Are you sure you're not mistaking him for Kaylor Kelley?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i thought luka displayed a good amount of what would have piqued the spurs interest in him; but he was obviously still lacking in other areas. he really sets some bad screens, undoubtedly, and his rim protection was poor. but, all in all, he showed more good than bad and definitely looked like a player that can become a part of the rotation down the road. if he gets any minutes over the next few games, it'll be interesting to see how he fares.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all the anticipation for Luka being on the team tonight, what are the chances he plays zero minutes? 50%? That would be classic Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all the anticipation for Luka being on the team tonight, what are the chances he plays zero minutes? 50%? That would be classic Pop.
    What I heard is that they will have 11 players available, and no one has played in 11 days, so they’ll be gassed quicker than usual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ehhhhh.......

It’s a few other players putting up real good and efficient numbers on winning teams in the G-League. One example is Paul Reed rookie for the Delaware Blue coats who has been balling out on a winning team and has won player of the week once already.

https://gleague.nba.com/player/paul-reed/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I heard is that they will have 11 players available, and no one has played in 11 days, so they’ll be gassed quicker than usual.
    I want to see him play, without question. But I’m also prepared to see Lyles get all the minutes, which is kind of funny.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka may get some minutes at the 3 spot. With LMA playing we are set at the 4 and 5 position. The only active players that can somewhat play the 3 is LW4, DJM, KBD and Luka. If KBD plays bad you would think that Pop will have to give Luka some minutes.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka started and played pretty well. He was at the 3 more than I would have liked, He is a mobile 4 in my mind and while yeah the raw foot speed is there for three time in a lot of match-ups he probably won't maintain that more than a couple of years into the future as he naturally fills out a bit, he's still going to be a very fast athletic power forward and for switching will be great at covering 3s and even some guards but not an al game sort of thing. For what ever reason he got panicked in traffic a bit which isn't a good look. He seems athletic but not instinctive which hurts a bit, he is a mental player in that he thinks about what is going on but because of that lacks some snap to what he is doing, I also think that he is a little bit unsure of both his role and what the system wants which doesn't help. Hopefully he continues to get real playing time and we see how it works out. I wish that the rest of the season wasn't so compressed. I want to see Luka progress with some coaching and film time and the Spurs schedule is real short of coaching and film time coming up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka started and played pretty well. He was at the 3 more than I would have liked, He is a mobile 4 in my mind and while yeah the raw foot speed is there for three time in a lot of match-ups he probably won't maintain that more than a couple of years into the future as he naturally fills out a bit, he's still going to be a very fast athletic power forward and for switching will be great at covering 3s and even some guards but not an al game sort of thing. For what ever reason he got panicked in traffic a bit which isn't a good look. He seems athletic but not instinctive which hurts a bit, he is a mental player in that he thinks about what is going on but because of that lacks some snap to what he is doing, I also think that he is a little bit unsure of both his role and what the system wants which doesn't help. Hopefully he continues to get real playing time and we see how it works out. I wish that the rest of the season wasn't so compressed. I want to see Luka progress with some coaching and film time and the Spurs schedule is real short of coaching and film time coming up.
    They needed him at the 3, because he can play the skill positions, which is what they are short on now with DD, Keldon, White, and Vassell out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Check the defense at 5:23

That is just ing insane how he kept up with Dort. Made him airball badly at the end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Check the defense at 5:23

That is just ing insane how he kept up with Dort. Made him airball badly at the end.
    It's encouraging, his on-ball D, and it's understandable his team D lacking since that's much more about communication and familiarity with the team itself.

I liked what I saw.
    The kid can really move for his size.

I hope he logs much more time with the Big Boys through the rest of the season.

Thread Information