Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not going to derail the Sam thread with talk about Clarke. Just going to say I hope Luka does well and that I think there's a role for him with the big club next year if his shooting is there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt Samanic will ever be the defensive dynamo that Clarke is, but if he's 6'11" and consistently hitting threes along with some playmaking IQ, he could be a very nice piece.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what assessment the FO is making about Luka's progress over the break. I don't think it would impact who they draft, but if he is shows a much greater engagement and improvement, it makes me wonder...
    Last edited by The Truth #6; 10-19-2020 at 02:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish he was on the swoll patrol instead of posting pictures calling himself a gym rat
    To be fair, the longer your limbs are, the harder it gets to see results of muscle mass growth, in some cases being damn near impossible to look "ripped" (KD) like our guards are. Still, Sammich in most photos is already showing a bulkier frame and arms, which are signs that he's been putting in the work even if he's not 100% yet.

As for the GymRat thing, I actually also thought it was weird - it's one of those things that looks good when other people say it about you, but bad when you're saying it about yourself. But on a closer look... He responded to an IG pic of Drew working out by commenting "GYMRAT!!!" as well, so this might be just a case of foreign kid learning an expression that he likes and overusing it. We'll see in a couple months whose players' hard work paid off or didn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You missed the neck that is bigger than his head? First thing I noticed. He’s been lifting.
    I agree. In the full photo, his legs look stronger as well. He’s putting in some work. I do think the photo is an odd one to showcase being a gym rat (he’s standing, doing a passive layup?), but I’m buying stock in Luka right now. I don’t know any of the details, but if I had to guess, I would assume that there is some camaraderie with the G league guys trying to improve and move up this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, the longer your limbs are, the harder it gets to see results of muscle mass growth, in some cases being damn near impossible to look "ripped" (KD) like our guards are. Still, Sammich in most photos is already showing a bulkier frame and arms, which are signs that he's been putting in the work even if he's not 100% yet.

As for the GymRat thing, I actually also thought it was weird - it's one of those things that looks good when other people say it about you, but bad when you're saying it about yourself. But on a closer look... He responded to an IG pic of Drew working out by commenting "GYMRAT!!!" as well, so this might be just a case of foreign kid learning an expression that he likes and overusing it. We'll see in a couple months whose players' hard work paid off or didn't.
    Yeah, likely a language barrier/ awkward foreigner phase for Luka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka and Trey Lyles don't seem to be friends at all. Probably sees each other as compe ion rather than teammates. Not good for team chemistry, but I hope Luka gets better enough to beat Lyles in the rotation.

Also, I don't know how Lyles thought he was ever good enough to have his own logo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You missed the neck that is bigger than his head? First thing I noticed. He’s been lifting.
    He does look bigger. That would be great since he was rocking the high school physique last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what assessment the FO is making about Luka's progress over the break. I don't think it would impact who they draft, but if he is shows a much greater engagement and improvement, it makes me wonder...
    The Spurs drafted 6’4” - 6’6” guards 3 years in a row, so it’s pretty safe to say they go with BPA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs drafted 6’4” - 6’6” guards 3 years in a row, so it’s pretty safe to say they go with BPA.
    It makes sense. I’m not expecting anything, to be honest. But bpa for the Spurs might not be what people assume.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes sense. I’m not expecting anything, to be honest. But bpa for the Spurs might not be what people assume.
    Oh, sure. They often surprise us. My point was that their 2020 draft pick will not be a commentary on previous picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka getting the full sleeve done via IG story

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His body looks a lot different here:

https://instagram.com/stories/lukasa...d=gl34sduyzw7x
    ace3g please help with posting?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His body looks a lot different here:

https://instagram.com/stories/lukasa...d=gl34sduyzw7x
    ace3g please help with posting?
    His IG is set at private for the past few weeks and the sites I use to post the stores from hasn't been working for stories.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His IG is set at private for the past few weeks and the sites I use to post the stores from hasn't been working for stories.
    Ahh. I screen captured it. Ill post it later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never-mind found another site

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U da man, ace

Luka looking like a legit NBA player physically

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude is ripped

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His leg muscles have their own muscles.

Can he, KJ, and Lonnie peer pressure Dejounte into working out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Killian and Deni both follow Luka on IG. Probably nothing but it’s weird that he’s the only NBA guy they follow. Could just be a euro thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Killian and Deni both follow Luka on IG. Probably nothing but it’s weird that he’s the only NBA guy they follow. Could just be a euro thing.
    Leandro follows Luka too (and Luka follows him back)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually Killian follows other NBA players too so not sure where you got that from.
    He follows Frank Nk ila, Nassir Little, Sekou Dombouya, Nando Decolo,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s good he is getting a bit bigger and most likely stronger. Hopefully he is also working on his stamina and film study. I’m very interested to see if he can earn some run with the Spurs early in the season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing stopping Luka from being a decent player was his strength

Change my mind

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's his head. His drive and for ude.

But he's doing good. Getting mature and realizing what's important.

His skill set was never questionable.

Thread Information