Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Check the defense at 5:23

That is just ing insane how he kept up with Dort. Made him airball badly at the end.
    His lateral speed is really impressive. Most men his height are lumbering, but Luka is smooth. Actually hope they don't want him to bulk up too much and lose some of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His lateral speed is really impressive. Most men his height are lumbering, but Luka is smooth. Actually hope they don't want him to bulk up too much and lose some of that.
    Agree. This is just a matter of familiarization with the play which could be remedied by some film sessions. But the mobility and quickness is there. I hope Pop will be more patient with him and giving him more opportunities to prove himself. Luka realizing his potential coukd be Gay’s replacement at the least and/or even Aldridge’s if he makes the leap, which potentially put the Spurs in a great position come FA when addressing both players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So anybody else jumping on the "SF Samanic" bandwagon?

Agree with Gangrath, he probably turns into a pure 4 in a few years, but currently, the 3 is his position, me thinks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah he’s a 4 in my book. No reason to play him at the 3 or the 5

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So anybody else jumping on the "SF Samanic" bandwagon?

Agree with Gangrath, he probably turns into a pure 4 in a few years, but currently, the 3 is his position, me thinks.
    I mean, I would try it, but that would never happen because we don't like playing positions with size. We like 6'4 guys at small forward. Luka is a center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m glad Noah made this video. I wish he would do more analysis on stuff because he solid at it.

Luka showed why the front office drafted him with his athletic ability against OKC. I will say though he is still better as a 4 and doing a solid job on Dort isn’t the same thing as guarding the average NBA player who plays the 3. Lol.

I’m gonna miss tonight’s game but I hope he does well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, I would try it, but that would never happen because we don't like playing positions with size. We like 6'4 guys at small forward. Luka is a center.
    Nope. He’s not a 5, either, at least not on defense. He’s surprisingly ineffective as a rim protector for someone who is 6’10” with a 38” vert, and I don’t believe he is aware enough to quarterback the defense, which is what our center does. They have to move people around, and call out switches and picks.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. He’s not a 5, either, at least not on defense. He’s surprisingly ineffective as a rim protector for someone who is 6’10” with a 38” vert, and I don’t believe he is aware enough to quarterback the defense, which is what our center does. They have to move people around, and call out switches and picks.
    I wasn't serious. I was commenting on how this organization likes playing undersized. He's not a banger at all.

I'd have him on the perimeter at all times. The Spurs, however, like undersized ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is legit

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is legit
    He's definitely a keeper... I like what I saw from Lyles as well tonight... I feel good enough about those two that I wouldn't offer max money to Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's definitely a keeper... I like what I saw from Lyles as well tonight... I feel good enough about those two that I wouldn't offer max money to Collins.
    Lyles and Samanic are too identical. It isn't physical enough, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes always been a combo forward. Not sure why this is even a discussion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles and Samanic are too identical. It isn't physical enough, IMO.
    He (lyles) was focused and gave effort tonight...when he does that he's a solid backup... I don't like them sharing the court very much but, I think they can play most of the minutes at 4 with Keldon getting most of his at the 3 and playing some 4 in small ball lineups... (my thoughts are based on next year's team).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

His defense is worlds better than last season. He also showed a lot of effort crashing the boards, making fast decisions on offense. Just needs more minutes to kinda find his role, but I've always been positive about him putting it together. He just needs more time to develop. I'm waiting to see him unleash his offensive game. His spin moves are elite, just has to learn how to use them against NBA compe ion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

His defense is worlds better than last season. He also showed a lot of effort crashing the boards, making fast decisions on offense. Just needs more minutes to kinda find his role, but I've always been positive about him putting it together. He just needs more time to develop
    He's showing Keldon-like production (from the bubble). Minutes will be there for him next season. Watch Pop surprise us and start him like he did with Keldon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We haven't even unlocked his offense yet, which is what's supposed to be his greatest strength. What a pick at #19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's showing Keldon-like production (from the bubble). Minutes will be there for him next season. Watch Pop surprise us and start him like he did with Keldon.
    Depends on the roster tbh, but I'm pretty confident that he'll at least replace Rudy as the 4 off the bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We haven't even unlocked his offense yet, which is what's supposed to be his greatest strength. What a pick at #19.
    For a player of his age, his offensive game is very polished. Footwork, post moves, jump shots and can finish with both hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His horizontal athleticism for his size is really good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

watch that move at 1:42

the rip through, jab step, drive into the spin move with the outstretched lay up. Not a lot of bigs can do these type of things. He's a match up nightmare. Put a big on him and he will drive past him. Put a small guy on him and he can post him up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So excited about Samanic! He has the highest ceiling among our young players. It’s too early to say whether he’ll reach it, but things are certainly looking up right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I missed the game. Luka was 0-4 but no one is complaining, so I assume his defense and shot selection more than made up for it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I missed the game. Luka was 0-4 but no one is complaining, so I assume his defense and shot selection more than made up for it?
    He missed a 3 and a baseline tough layup, and the other two misses were a misfire putback jam and another tip-in miss. His 2nd half stint he touched the ball zero times on offense aside from an inbound pass and the tip-in-miss. As someone said in the GT it wasn't intentional but it was really odd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He missed a 3 and a baseline tough layup, and the other two misses were a misfire putback jam and another tip-in miss. His 2nd half stint he touched the ball zero times on offense aside from an inbound pass and the tip-in-miss. As someone said in the GT it wasn't intentional but tt was really odd.
    Thanks Bro for the update!

Thread Information