Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1547
    Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is this bertans vs Samanic bull . I watched them both when they were in Europe and Bertans was better. Samanic not only was not worth a 1st round pick, but hes a ty professional. I have friends that work for Olimpija and there is no one from the players, to the staff that will tell you a good thing about the guy. As my friend told me, in 5 years he was there, Samanic was the most unprofessional guy on the team he ever saw.

Its also time to decide what to do with him. Play him or ing trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the stats you posted (the link) clear as day said it was from the Latvia under 19 team and it was 8 games. I posted career stats for Bertans.

I personally think and have posted continuously that Luka will get better (don’t know if he will fulfill his total potential) but I’ve also pointed out that so far he hasn’t been a good shooter which data has backed up. I’ve been consistent with my stance and pretty straight forward. I have no clue why you came off the way you did but I find it hilarious that you came at me loud and wrong as . Lmao.
    And that’s the problem. Career stats past the age of 21 are irrelevant. Anyway, I brought up Bertans as an optimum shooter projection for Luka when that might not be fair.

*The rest of my posts tonight are going to be brief so unless you have a lullaby for me tonight, it’s not going to be a lot of content for now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is this bertans vs Samanic bull . I watched them both when they were in Europe and Bertans was better. Samanic not only was not worth a 1st round pick, but hes a ty professional. I have friends that work for Olimpija and there is no one from the players, to the staff that will tell you a good thing about the guy. As my friend told me, in 5 years he was there, Samanic was the most unprofessional guy on the team he ever saw.

*yawn* so obvious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyway, hopefully Samanic gets better and I understand why the Spurs drafted the guy.

he hasn’t been a good shooter in his short basketball career (Europe, Summer league, preseason, G League, and NBA) no matter what anybody is trying to state, but he is young enough to get better if he puts in the work and things go in his favor.

These are things that I’ve consistently posted on this site and hopefully for our Spurs sake he maximizes his potential on this team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every Spurs player has things they do good and things they need to work on and things they are just terrible at.
    Good - White Defense
    Need to work on - Lonnie finishing at the rim
    Things they are terrible at - Poodle outside shooting

So yeah Luka may not be a great 3 point shooter right now but that’s something he will work on. As far as what he is good at he displayed great help side defense and ability to guard multiple positions. One thing that I noticed is he has quick feet which really helps him on put backs. I have always liked him never had a concern as far as basketball talent my only concern was his at ude/professionalism to the game. Lots of great talented athletes have been drafted only to flame out real quick because they didn’t take the game serious. But hearing a lot of good things about him lends me to believe that he has grown up.

Another thing to remember he is still really young and he was drafted as a project much like Walker. So understand projects take longer add that he is a big man which are notoriously slow to develop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I would hate for people to judge my professionalism based on what I did, and how I acted from 14-19 YO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say it with me

Luka Samanic will crack the rotation and be a factor next year with strong defense and rebounding.

if you watched the games last year it was clear in his minutes he is a huge plus in both of those departments. The scoring can take time to develop but the foundation of something is clearly there.

I think I have to remind myself how many people box score watch and didn’t even bother to watch the gleague games to see how he developed from early to mid season and then in his subsequent return to the nba. The knicks and clippers games were both great performances from him in a season with limited opportunity.

Seriously, go rewatch that knicks game if you’re bored and watch Luka. That is a player with an immediate ability to contribute every single night.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say it with me

Luka Samanic will crack the rotation and be a factor next year with strong defense and rebounding.

if you watched the games last year it was clear in his minutes he is a huge plus in both of those departments. The scoring can take time to develop but the foundation of something is clearly there.

I think I have to remind myself how many people box score watch and didn’t even bother to watch the gleague games to see how he developed from early to mid season and then in his subsequent return to the nba. The knicks and clippers games were both great performances from him in a season with limited opportunity.

Seriously, go rewatch that knicks game if you’re bored and watch Luka. That is a player with an immediate ability to contribute every single night.
    Only Pop couldn’t see it. If Derozan and Gay sign elsewhere I can see him in the running for MIP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say it with me

The only thing that will stop him from regular minutes next season is what goes on behind the scenes. I won’t claim to know what goes on behind the scenes, nor will I make up imaginary friends with imaginary testimonials. IMO, there’s no performance benchmark he needs to meet, anytime he was put in the line-up (non-garbage time) the defense improved as a whole. Let’s hope he meets the team’s level of expectation in the locker room or else it’s time to move on.

Edit: I’m not saying he didn’t get regular minutes this past season due to being a malcontent. I think it was another reason. I’m saying that that would be the reason he wouldn’t get minutes for next season. It’s Luka’s minutes to lose.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 06-13-2021 at 11:57 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Luka is joining the Croatian national team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we just wait and see what he and lonnie do this season? Especially when bums like demar and patty are jettisoned(hopefully)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

thats a great thing barring injuries.

I’m sure being around his National team can only help with his confidence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say it with me

Kind of. He'll probably be something like the 11th man, but given how rare it is for the top 9-10 on any team to be intact with any consistency, he'll still be in line to play a good amount of minutes.

He's a poor rebounder, but as I've said since he was drafted, all these physical tools and ball skills don't matter if you can't fit into a defined role and for him, it's going to mostly come down to his 3. If he becomes a credible enough shooter that the defense regards him as a threat, he should be a rotation player. If not, he's a fringe player.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka's first two years have been stunted with the pandemic and veteran players ahead of him. He can't really show coaches what he can do with limited playing time both in games and practice sessions during the season.
    Did anyone notice when he was in games, he hardly touched the ball? Hard to show what you can do when you can't get in a rhythm. Rudy and Mills constantly played two man ball, best thing for Luka is play in the national team and continue to improve

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say it with me

especially on the defensive side of the ball-he was very efficient and surprisingly adept. he also rebounded quite well. Luka's 2nd half of the season was very encouraging (with the exception of a few subpar outings-most noticeably the 76ers game, but then the whole squad was awful that night).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's also when Davis was a SF prospect and had two good knees.

Luka could just stand under the hoop and he'd be a better rebounder than the anemic Bertans, plus he's shown way more defensive potential in his short NBA court time than Davis ever has.

He'll likely never be the shooter that Davis has been, but I'd take everything else (or anything) that Davis is underwhelming at.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka is going to grow exponentially from this. He's going to gain so much self confidence having gone home and played with dudes that used to be taller, stronger and better than he was the last time he saw and competed against them.

btw, peep where Luka's head is on that dunk. rim high. homey has hops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy the 21 y/0 luka is continuing to mature and develop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so, with Luka joining the Croatian National Team, that likely keeps him out of the summer league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so, with Luka joining the Croatian National Team, that likely keeps him out of the summer league.
    Isn't the SL after the Olympics? We are less than 30 days out from them, if they even occur. Japanese public is really trying to shut them down.

Obviously playoffs are still in full swing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't the SL after the Olympics? We are less than 30 days out from them, if they even occur. Japanese public is really trying to shut them down.

Obviously playoffs are still in full swing.
    I guess there's a chance he would still be able to make it. The Olympics officially end on August 8th, which is the same day that the summer league is set to start. IOC seems bent on going ahead even though only 3% of Japan's population has been fully vaccinated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka is going to grow exponentially from this. He's going to gain so much self confidence having gone home and played with dudes that used to be taller, stronger and better than he was the last time he saw and competed against them.

btw, peep where Luka's head is on that dunk. rim high. homey has hops.
    Where the hall have you been? His MAX vertical was measured at 38” at the combine. A 6’10” dude with a 38. To put that in perspective, 6’5” Lonnie Walker has a 40” vert, and everyone slobbers all over his highlights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where the hall have you been? His MAX vertical was measured at 38” at the combine. A 6’10” dude with a 38. To put that in perspective, 6’5” Lonnie Walker has a 40” vert, and everyone slobbers all over his highlights.
    Was 6'9.5" actually. He's probably 6'11" now and probably has a 40"

That was my 2nd point. Dude is getting up. Just thought the Pic garnered a comment. I'll check with you next time tho.

Thread Information