Page 32 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic has shown great improvement. He forced Zion into a turnover. He does not have to be defensive player of the year, he just has to be good. Lyles, was playing well, so Popovich stayed with him.
    ,It is hard to show what he can do offensively, when the team has FIBA Patty chucking shots at will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I missed the game. Luka was 0-4 but no one is complaining, so I assume his defense and shot selection more than made up for it?
    Luka looked the best he’s ever looked on the court as far as belonging in the big boys NBA. His defensive awareness and rebounding were great and if he had finished that put back dunk.....oh my.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka looked the best he’s ever looked on the court as far as belonging in the big boys NBA. His defensive awareness and rebounding were great and if he had finished that put back dunk.....oh my.
    Cheers man! Thanks for the update.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's showing Keldon-like production (from the bubble). Minutes will be there for him next season. Watch Pop surprise us and start him like he did with Keldon.
    I just don’t see it. Murray, White, DeRozan (if he’s back), Johnson and Poeltl seems like a lock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don’t see it. Murray, White, DeRozan (if he’s back), Johnson and Poeltl seems like a lock.
    All hinges on if DeMar is back, I guess.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His horizontal athleticism for his size is really good.
    This is the why he may not need to go back to Austin. He gave Brandon Ingram problems.

He may get to play consistently based on his defense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Samanic is a 3/4 that makes him an exponentially better prospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Samanic is a 3/4 that makes him an exponentially better prospect.
    yeah I agree. He showed good defensive quickness last night that I’ve not really seen from him yet. His lateral movements were night and day better from what we seen in the past. If he can do that his poisition can def flex between a 3 and 4. He seemed really engaged last night and it seemed like Pop was really coaching him between plays and the back and forth seemed really positive. Def gives me hope he can turn into something special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

THis same guy has an article on Luka as a defender.

https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/c...ent-to-defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka has had the tools from day one. It was always a question of motor and effort. Even if he busts out, I still like the pick. At #19, it’s ok to swing for the fences.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't catch the game last night, but Luka must've played really well for there to be such a strong consensus. This defensive play is downright amazing.

Luka reads the play beforehand perfectly. Before Zion is even thinking of passing it, Luka checks that there's a shooter in the corner; then when Zion drives and dishes to the wing, Luka doesn't even look at the outgoing pass, and makes a (surprisingly agile) quick rotation to defend the corner, getting to put a hand on Ingram almost before he catches the ball. Then Luka plays some solid lateral defense to prevent a drive from Ingram, without fouling, and seamlessly switches onto Ball after, getting all over him and forcing a pass.

There was no better way to have played that possession, defensively. If Vassell was there instead of Patty, it would've probably been a turnover for the Pels at the end of it. If Luka can bring this defensive intensity every night, he completes an absolutely imposing defensive lineup of Murray-White-Vassell-Samanic-Poeltl. Or, against bigger opponents, have Keldon run the versatile 3-4 with Luka, since he's also great defending against bigger sizes, and smother opponents.

It's crazy the progress he's made from looking like a deer in the headlights his first Austin stint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outstanding. That's the stuff that gives Pop a chubby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outstanding. That's the stuff that gives Pop a chubby.
    Thank you for giving me that ed up image in my head

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you for giving me that ed up image in my head

Sorry 'bout that collateral damage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As that quote from one poster says " A lot of Stupid Posters on this Forum" I mean some people where calling a project a bust when he had hardly gotten any playing at all his FIRST year. I don't think they understand the definition of "PROJECT" any way they can go find a safe place and eat their Crow in the corner like a good little boy. Our man LUKA is for real!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As that quote from one poster says " A lot of Stupid Posters on this Forum" I mean some people where calling a project a bust when he had hardly gotten any playing at all his FIRST year. I don't think they understand the definition of "PROJECT" any way they can go find a safe place and eat their Crow in the corner like a good little boy. Our man LUKA is for real!!!!!
    That's gotta be me, and ironically, the quote is being proven right once again with most of ST trolls discarding Luka after only one season. Same thing they did with Dejounte "Certified Scrub" "Instagram Baller" Murray, and now are eating crow as well with DJ's incredible and consistent play. Not to mention those who considered this Spurs team an outright lottery team from the jump, only for them to now be closer to a 4th seed than an 8th, with half the roster out and easy games postponed. Lastly, shoutout as well to the trolls claiming the Spurs would never drop Forbes, and you were delusional for thinking he might be gone.

By far, the most satisfactory thing about this Spurs season has been SpursTalk's takes on young players getting shat all over. I'm enjoying the ride, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not a combo forward, but because of his body type and skillset, he'll be better off defending the three in certain instances. Last night was a prime example, as he's obviously closer to an Ingram defender than he is a Williamson one.

It's nice that he's playing harder and has gotten stronger, but unless he becomes a legit threat from 3 and tightens up his game, his athleticism and ball skills won't manifest themselves into an efficient enough player to become a rotation player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not a combo forward, but because of his body type and skillset, he'll be better off defending the three in certain instances. Last night was a prime example, as he's obviously closer to an Ingram defender than he is a Williamson one.

It's nice that he's playing harder and has gotten stronger, but unless he becomes a legit threat from 3 and tightens up his game, his athleticism and ball skills won't manifest themselves into an efficient enough player to become a rotation player.
    Zion is not anything close to being an average 4. Luka, in most cases, would be better defending today’s 4s.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zion is not anything close to being an average 4. Luka, in most cases, would be better defending today’s 4s.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't catch the game last night, but Luka must've played really well for there to be such a strong consensus. This defensive play is downright amazing.
    Imo people are generous with him, but it's the first time for me that he is looking like an nba player. He is understanding his role and he looks more focused.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've really glad to see how good luka has looked defensivily! and I'm loving!

I believe opponents guarded by luka are shooting 22%.

One of the biggest surpise, has been how good he is getting thru screen and getting to his guy.

Personally I see him being a mobile 4, but, with what he shown i can see him being a 3/4 with a the ability to guard a few2s-4s.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

watch that move at 1:42

the rip through, jab step, drive into the spin move with the outstretched lay up. Not a lot of bigs can do these type of things. He's a match up nightmare. Put a big on him and he will drive past him. Put a small guy on him and he can post him up.
    Nice!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get Manu to personally coach him!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty cool to see all the Luka Samanic love.

LMAO

Thread Information