Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only Spurs draft pick this year I can see actually contributing to the big club. Actually knows how to play physical NBA basketball, unlike these projects or limited players we drafted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only Spurs draft pick this year I can see actually contributing to the big club. Actually knows how to play physical NBA basketball, unlike these projects or limited players we drafted
    He’s on a two way contract, so, no. He can’t spend more than 45 days with he big club, and that’s ANY days, travel, practice, game, or off.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked what I saw from Quinndary. Really nice insurance for Bryn if he outplays what the Spurs want to pay him next year.

Also, I know that it's Summer League, but I think that he performed better in his first SL than White did in his first. That's a little intriguing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the trend of going away from midget, to a more bigger, physical guards. Is it by design?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the trend of going away from midget, to a more bigger, physical guards. Is it by design?
    Probably not.
    Just Spurs grabbing players who they think have a chance to be NB A players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's already better than Mills and Belinelli right now. Better defender, playmaker, better finisher around the rim, better at drawing fouls and was a good 3-point shooter in college, so his shooting % should be similar to theirs. Popovich might play him in 2022 if he can outperform Bryn Forbes who signed a max deal with the Spurs in 2020

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's already better than Mills and Belinelli right now. Better defender, playmaker, better finisher around the rim, better at drawing fouls and was a good 3-point shooter in college, so his shooting % should be similar to theirs. Popovich might play him in 2022 if he can outperform Bryn Forbes who signed a max deal with the Spurs in 2020

Belli is a career .376 shooter from 3P. That doesn't even put him in the Top 100 for the time he's been in the league. He's a good 3P shooter, but not a great 3P shooter. Weatherspoon could shoot the 3 that good, but he hasn't proven yet.

We all know that the reason Belli has been on 9 teams in 12 seasons is his defense. I know Weatherspoon lacks experience, and he would get torched on occasions because of it. But I have my doubts that he could be much worse overall on defense than Marco. He's got an NBA physique - he's an inch taller and I think stronger already. And he's shown that he's willing to stick his nose in on D.

If the Spurs weren't desperate for Marco's (hopefully) sure-thing 3P shooting, I would start giving him a share of Marco's minutes from Day 1, and see whether he can knock down the long ball against NBA defenders. But the Spurs are desperate, and that means 'Spoon spends most of the year in Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's proven that he can defend NBA players in preseason already. He's also great around the rim and knows how to draw fouls. It's more about getting used to NBA refereeing than anything else. He shot 39.6% from 3 in his last college year, so he can clearly hit them. All he would have to do is make open 3s anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I randomly found these on IG tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him as a big guard and who can shoot, but already Tre is ahead of him in the pecking order with better poise and defense but missing the outside shots which hopefully he's working on this off season. And Q somewhat disappointed me with his bball IQ fouling out in a few minutes. I'm still rooting for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice find, Ace! It gives me a sliver of hope for the offseason and next year.
    Q's toughness is my favorite thing. There is room in the NBA for a tough as nails player. In addition to his shooting, he needs to work on not fouling. I'm pulling for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's an interesting place where he's shooting. Looks like the top of the arc isn't even available as it runs into a wall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's an interesting place where he's shooting. Looks like the top of the arc isn't even available as it runs into a wall.
    It looks like someone's converted garage

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Definitely looks like a budget training facility with someone’s sister shagging loose balls. Hey, I like the guy, but this video doesn’t inspire me. I think he would be wise to try another team. I don’t see him ever getting minutes in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got a notification on my phone that said the spurs won’t be extending Q an offer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got a notification on my phone that said the spurs won’t be extending Q an offer

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does not mean, they won't resign him at some point, just means he is far from a priority. No need to hold him back if he gets a better opportunity, sort of like Jonathan Simmons a few years back. Simmons made money then dissaappeared back into the Gleague last I knew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre Jones was not supposed to be this good as a rookie, and he has eclipsed Q. I liked Q as a big guard, after the Forbes/Beli unathletic duo. But he seemed to have digressed and the Covid situation didn’t help. I’m still hoping that he can prove himself. He has range, he’s big and has shown good defense on some occasions. He just needs more time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would rather have him on the roster than Eubanks tbh

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s not a very good player. Injuries possibly thwarted his development here somewhat but nothing substantial. But maybe he’s improving in the G League. Still, Tre Jones is better and he is a deep bench player on a horrible team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would rather have him on the roster than Eubanks tbh
    I remember Q was a guard, different position. He couldn’t crash boards, defend bigs, etc.

I rooted for Q, but Tre is eons ahead in BBIQ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember Q was a guard, different position. He couldn’t crash boards, defend bigs, etc.

I rooted for Q, but Tre is eons ahead in BBIQ.
    He is still a guard. I’d rather him deep on the bench than Eubanks is all i’m saying. We have enough depth at the 5.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna be a bitter day when we have to watch Weatherspoon and Samanic battling each other for the le and Finals MVP.

Thread Information