Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    vn only mentioned percentage, and you clapped back on that, and are now introducing another variable, volume, and essentially moving the goalposts.
    Yeah you are right, I should've specified on the initial post. The point is, a good percentage does not matter if the volume is low.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah you are right, I should've specified on the initial post. The point is, a good percentage does not matter if the volume is low.
    It's better than a DeRozan low volume bad percentage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not true on an individual level. Decent to good percentage on a low volume means that's it's not your preferred shot, but if people simply pack the paint and don't come out to defend the perimeter, they pay... Unlike the example of Derozan - poor percentage on low volume - where defenders simply back off and wait for the drive.

On a team level, yes some volume is needed, but that can be from 2 or 3 shooters who like the outside in a given lineup... 5 would be nice, but it's not necessary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to say; I’m not overly excited about Keldon. He’s obviously way better than most G League players but I have my doubts about his role in the nba.

No brainer pick but as of now it’s hard for me to see the upside with him even though I love his energy and motor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not true on an individual level. Decent to good percentage on a low volume means that's it's not your preferred shot, but if people simply pack the paint and don't come out to defend the perimeter, they pay... Unlike the example of Derozan - poor percentage on low volume - where defenders simply back off and wait for the drive.

On a team level, yes some volume is needed, but that can be from 2 or 3 shooters who like the outside in a given lineup... 5 would be nice, but it's not necessary.
    You have a good point.

I think my concern right now is that the team needs shooters that are better overall players than Pop's preferred Bryn, Marco and Patty lineups and Keldon definitely is not a volume shooter and right now even his shot is in question. I suspect he's reworked it and needs reps with the new shot but one never knows.

Either way, Spurs need to keep shopping for better shooters.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before coming to the big team KJ needs at least to start hitting his threes at a high percentage at the G league level...considering he's already good going at the rim and playing defense at that same level.
    That's the Key problem with him, 85/19 (3p% 22.5) horrible. He is shooting but not hitting.
    In modern NBA he cannot survive with that 3P%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the Key problem with him, 85/19 (3p% 22.5) horrible. He is shooting but not hitting.
    So if Dwayne Wade was a rookie in this era, u would indefinitely keep him in the g league? And giannis is surviving pretty well to this point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to say; I’m not overly excited about Keldon. He’s obviously way better than most G League players but I have my doubts about his role in the nba.

No brainer pick but as of now it’s hard for me to see the upside with him even though I love his energy and motor.
    Give me that over someone oozing with talent that is lazy and uninspired

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he started like 0/25, or something. That's pretty hard to move upwards quickly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon staying at the Spurs gym all week per iam__3's instagram. Hes almost got that Kobe physique.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calling him up now carol is toast

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon staying at the Spurs gym all week per iam__3's instagram. Hes almost got that Kobe physique.
    He’s a ing tank. Don’t understand why peeps say he won’t finish at the rim in the NBA. Between his build and body control, he’ll be just fine. Last time on the floor for SA, within seconds, he drove right, threw his body into a defender, and got a bunny layup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s a ing tank. Don’t understand why peeps say he won’t finish at the rim in the NBA. Between his build and body control, he’ll be just fine. Last time on the floor for SA, within seconds, he drove right, threw his body into a defender, and got a bunny layup.

Yep mentioned that right after the play - "good to see one of his strengths in the GLeague translated to the NBA."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I like him outmuscling players for cheapies like that but he needs to just keep on working on that 3 ball. I see no reason why he can’t be our PJ Tucker in 2 years.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol nice 8 lbs kettle bells lol nba strength. Jesus

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm already sold on keldon. Dude shows no fear.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon cant hit the three but he supposedly has a "dog" mentality. Spurs need somebody with that mentality. It is a shame a rookie will show the veterans(young and old ones) that hunger and hustle. It can be contagious. Bring him up now! Gotta shake things up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon cant hit the three but he supposedly has a "dog" mentality. Spurs need somebody with that mentality. It is a shame a rookie will show the veterans(young and old ones) that hunger and hustle. It can be contagious. Bring him up now! Gotta shake things up
    ?? Other than a few games with Austin to get some floor time, he's been "up" for the better part of a month now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ?? Other than a few games with Austin to get some floor time, he's been "up" for the better part of a month now.
    Me thinks he means permanently with consistent NBA minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks sorta like a honey badger out on the court, always hustling and scruffling, but not a lot of skills yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks sorta like a honey badger out on the court, always hustling and scruffling, but not a lot of skills yet
    He did a decent job a couple of times down the court defending CP3 with the Harden technique, and finished strong on multiple occasions. 9p/3r/3a in 13 minutes speaks of some skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spend all summer on the 3 and adding a few lbs of muscle. Then, he can be the 3 and D guy we need desperately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spend all summer on the 3 and adding a few lbs of muscle. Then, he can be the 3 and D guy we need desperately.
    Yeah as a SG/part time 3. Not THE one and only. We still have 0 SFs on the team after all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah as a SG/part time 3. Not THE one and only. We still have 0 SFs on the team after all.
    I agree, we need 2 SFs, a great starter and a solid backup. Hopefully, we can find both in this draft.....mostly the starter though. Bring in Keldon as the 2nd SG off the bench, if he makes his stroke consistent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, we need 2 SFs, a great starter and a solid backup. Hopefully, we can find both in this draft.....mostly the starter though. Bring in Keldon as the 2nd SG off the bench, if he makes his stroke consistent.
    Looks like Luka will be the 3 for the Spurs. His game translates more to a 3 than a 4.

Thread Information