Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we had the advantage of foresight, we should have drafter Keldon at 19 and taken a flier later in the first round. Not sure how the draft order would shake out with KJ being taken instead of Luka.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, yeah, unfortunately Samanic didn't answer the questions about his commitment or tenacity. He didn't become a legit three-point threat; he remained a 30%-ish shooter from deep. His dribbling in halfcourt never got more controlled (to say the least, tbh ). His patience didn't get much better and he never learned to really use his athleticism to his advantage. His passing looked good in summer league but was underwhelming in all other levels. Defensively, I don't think his strength was ever a problem but his mental approach never really developed beyond being able to move his feet on the perimeter if he felt like it.

I still don't have a problem going with a boom or bust prospect at 19. Good try, unfortunate outcome.

the whole lack of commitment also stayed and came true as well. Oh well.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it were just the basketball stuff, I might see your point, but he’s still the same lazy, disinterested that showed up two years ago. That can’t be fixed, unfortunately. My guess is, they hoped it was just immaturity, and not that he was just a jerk. They were wrong, and days away from having to commit ANOTHER $4M to him for next year, is pretty much the perfect time to cut him.

a little harsh man lol. Yeah you’re right calling him a. seems much 😂

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a few years we will be talking about Samanic like Scola. If Samanic was a black player with abuse in his childhood he would be playing 20 minutes a game. What a in waste.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a few years we will be talking about Samanic like Scola. If Samanic was a black player with abuse in his childhood he would be playing 20 minutes a game. What a in waste.
    Thibs tolerates effort probably less than Pop does. He won’t do well in NY.

You really think a guy with a contract 1/3 of the mid level exception, who was passed on by all 29 other teams on the waiver wire is going to somehow turn into Scola, an effort guy if ever there was one? Your hatred for Pop is blinding you to the fact that he was right about this.

Thread Information