View Poll Results: Who should the Spurs sign for the mid-level?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Al Farouq Aminu

30 20.27%
  • DeMarre Carroll

18 12.16%
  • Marcus Morris

30 20.27%
  • Nikola Mirotic

18 12.16%
  • Reggie Bullock

4 2.70%
  • Rodney Hood

12 8.11%
  • Taj Gibson

3 2.03%
  • Trevor Ariza

10 6.76%
  • Wilson Chandler

7 4.73%
  • Other

16 10.81%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kaminsky was just an example. If I say a 3-point shooting C that doesn't mean that that is his only skill. You obviously want somebody who can do all the other things a Center has to do, but the budget is limited

No, I understand that you can't get a do-it-all C on the MLE. That's what I was saying - those two are opposite ends of the spectrum. And if I have to choose, I'd rather have a C who can play in the middle and not be tall Bryn Forbes. Worse, tall Bryn Forbes with a much worse 3P%. I get your point, though. As important as 3P shooting has become, and Milutinov can't shoot from distance. That's just fact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I understand that you can't get a do-it-all C on the MLE. That's what I was saying - those two are opposite ends of the spectrum. And if I have to choose, I'd rather have a C who can play in the middle and not be tall Bryn Forbes. Worse, tall Bryn Forbes with a much worse 3P%. I get your point, though. As important as 3P shooting has become, and Milutinov can't shoot from distance. That's just fact.
    Can Milutinov move his feet and defend a PnR? if not, I don't think we should be investing in a lumbering oaf at the C position when mobility is the key to defense in today's game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not worth for us to not using the rookie scale on him, spurs should also not be blame he didn't want to come over before the age of 24 and he just not special enough to deserve more, so the ball is in his side, if he has aspiration to come over and prove himself at that level take a discount if that what it is...
    I'm pretty sure that the Spurs selected him with the intention of saving $1.4 million dollars in cap in order to sign Aldridge in 2016. He agreed to stay over for a year, maybe, two, by then it made little sense to come over after two seasons when he could stay an extra year and then not be bound by rookie scale. Most draft and stashes tend to do that when in similar situations.

Spurs may not bring him over this season, so this talk may be moot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure that the Spurs selected him with the intention of saving $1.4 million dollars in cap in order to sign Aldridge in 2016. He agreed to stay over for a year, maybe, two, by then it made little sense to come over after two seasons when he could stay an extra year and then not be bound by rookie scale. Most draft and stashes tend to do that when in similar situations.

Spurs may not bring him over this season, so this talk may be moot.
    Still, Spurs should not feel obligated in anyway offering him more than rookie scale, spurs even do him a favor drafting him in the first round at that span, it was his choice not to come over after year or two, I don't get your point why we should offering more than rookie scale...

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't care about what he's bound or not bound, he is a limited and role player in europ, not some big talent, if he just about the money and dosen't have passion to come to nba to earn first rookie scale contract and prove himself spurs should tell him off!
    en idiot

Thread Information