View Poll Results: Who should the Spurs sign for the mid-level?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Al Farouq Aminu

30 20.27%
  • DeMarre Carroll

18 12.16%
  • Marcus Morris

30 20.27%
  • Nikola Mirotic

18 12.16%
  • Reggie Bullock

4 2.70%
  • Rodney Hood

12 8.11%
  • Taj Gibson

3 2.03%
  • Trevor Ariza

10 6.76%
  • Wilson Chandler

7 4.73%
  • Other

16 10.81%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if it ain't Morris it should be Thad Young

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rhondae Hollis Jefferson
    It's hard for me to trust any R. Jeffersons, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is Jimmer not on this list?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darius Miller, Bobby Portis, Dedman
    Last edited by XDT76; 06-22-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if theres any chance mulitnov ever comes
    Why wouldn't he?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should be the year.whens the deadline to buy him out this summer?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    They'll end up splitting the MLE and signing two scrubs for the price of one.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carroll and Ariza are over the hill.

Aminu is a solid defender but has zero offensive ability. Can't create his own shot and a poor 3 point shooter. I think his flaws became apparent in the playoffs.

I like Morris but am not sure whether he is 'Pop guy' and I think he overachieved last year tbh.

Of the names listed above I think Mirotic is the best fit. Can help spread the floor and hit 3s which is what is probably the Spurs biggest need.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carroll and Ariza are over the hill.

Aminu is a solid defender but has zero offensive ability. Can't create his own shot and a poor 3 point shooter. I think his flaws became apparent in the playoffs.

I like Morris but am not sure whether he is 'Pop guy' and I think he overachieved last year tbh.

Of the names listed above I think Mirotic is the best fit. Can help spread the floor and hit 3s which is what is probably the Spurs biggest need.
    I agree in the sense these are the three names on the list that make the most sense and that Mirotic could be the best fit being the best shooter and having no character issues...also if Aminu's strenght (perimeter defense) could be what this team needs more...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Cousins?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he lost a bunch of money for how poorly he played in the finals, it was pretty bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bit out of left field, but what about Chris Singleton? Dude is 6-9 and 240 pounds. That's great size for a modern-day power-forward, and over the years, he's grown into a decent three-and-D player at that position. He shot 49 percent from three on 3.6 attempts a game and averaged a block and a steal per-36. If the Spurs do bring Milutinov over and only have part of the MLE to offer, I think it makes a lot of sense to bring over Singleton, who can compete against Samanic for minutes while not really being a long-term threat to Luka (Chris is 29). I certainly understand wanting Aminu or RHJ, but it seems like Al-Foruq might not want to leave Portland for the MLE, and RHJ should get more than the remainder of the MLE unless he's not worth a . Singleton has three years of stats in Europe to suggest he's turned the corner. He's worth a flier on a two-year deal between $6 Million and $11 Million total. Maybe make the second year a team option.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...ngleton-1.html

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know we need a small forward, but word is, Cauley-Stein is set to hit restricted free agency. Could pairing him up with LaMarcus work?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know we need a small forward, but word is, Cauley-Stein is set to hit restricted free agency. Could pairing him up with LaMarcus work?
    No need with Poeltl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We have poodle power! though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marcus Morris would be fantastic but he'll probably get significantly more than the MLE and he's also a Klutch client, so very unlikely.

I like Jeremy Lamb, although he too might get more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd prefer Morris like most but I don't see it happening. RHJ is much more realistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bit out of left field, but what about Chris Singleton? Dude is 6-9 and 240 pounds. That's great size for a modern-day power-forward, and over the years, he's grown into a decent three-and-D player at that position. He shot 49 percent from three on 3.6 attempts a game and averaged a block and a steal per-36. If the Spurs do bring Milutinov over and only have part of the MLE to offer, I think it makes a lot of sense to bring over Singleton, who can compete against Samanic for minutes while not really being a long-term threat to Luka (Chris is 29). I certainly understand wanting Aminu or RHJ, but it seems like Al-Foruq might not want to leave Portland for the MLE, and RHJ should get more than the remainder of the MLE unless he's not worth a . Singleton has three years of stats in Europe to suggest he's turned the corner. He's worth a flier on a two-year deal between $6 Million and $11 Million total. Maybe make the second year a team option.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...ngleton-1.html
    this was the guy I wanted in the last free agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad Spurs didn’t grab Cabocolo last season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any way we can get DeAndre Jordan, Robin Lopez or Joakim Noah? We still can use another big man with a veteran presence in the locker room.

Might be a bit of a stretch for DJ as he's probably commanding more. But he wasn't that great of a locker room presence in Dallas last season. I m a bit impressed about his passing and court vision.

Robin Lopez still looks solid and can really anchor the defense.

Joakim Noah had a bit of a resurgence with the Grizz near the end of last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noah wouldn’t be bad I guess. Spurs really needed another capable big man against Denver last year. Gortat probably can be signed for the vet min, but I heard he is terrible nowadays.
    Last edited by Dverde; 06-23-2019 at 10:07 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this was the guy I wanted in the last free agency.
    I wanted him several years ago when he went overseas as coming out of college people were debating if he or Kawhi was better. I dont know what he has done recently but not to old to get a few seasons out of. I thought it would have been awesome to have him kawhi start and then him come off the bench. we would have locked down that position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted him several years ago when he went overseas as coming out of college people were debating if he or Kawhi was better. I dont know what he has done recently but not to old to get a few seasons out of. I thought it would have been awesome to have him kawhi start and then him come off the bench. we would have locked down that position.
    agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t forget mulitinov. Not for the full mle but a part of it.
    He doesn't deserve more than standard rookie scale deal!
    Who he is to ask for part of the mle?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't deserve more than standard rookie scale deal!
    Who he is to ask for part of the mle?
    He's not bound by rookie scale anymore, he and his agent would be stupid not to ask four at least quadruple his starting rookie scale or else it's not worth it for him.

Thread Information