Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beginning to sound like Stanley Johnson is in line to get a minimum level contract. Maybe two-year minimum with the second year a player option or something like that.

Even though the Spurs don't have a roster spot and just signed a SF/PF in Carroll ... I wouldn't be against adding him, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We dont need him with belli and patty in tow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sold. Still have ~$3MM left of the MLE. All it takes is a minor trade or waive to open up a roster spot in time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carroll and KJ are already in line for the role he would have played. its a good question if carroll at 6 is better than stanley at the minimum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carroll and KJ are already in line for the role he would have played. its a good question if carroll at 6 is better than stanley at the minimum

Yea hes redundant af with carroll making 6.5 per

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stanley is known for defense, and is more of a true position less player, playing power forward, small forward and some point guard with the Pelicans. The talent is there. Demarre Caroll is a combo forward who also brings defense and toughness. But they are not the same players. I wanted Stanley but at this point barring a trade, I dont think he is coming and it is too bad, I think the Spurs development staff could have turned his career around.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who would we let go? Eubanks?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stanley is known for defense, and is more of a true position less player, playing power forward, small forward and some point guard with the Pelicans. The talent is there. Demarre Caroll is a combo forward who also brings defense and toughness. But they are not the same players. I wanted Stanley but at this point barring a trade, I dont think he is coming and it is too bad, I think the Spurs development staff could have turned his career around.
    completely agree...but I'm still hoping...looks like young guys with elite skills (toè ten draft picks) but big developmental problems are actually affordable at a decent price...and that makes sense, because just a little part of nba franchises actually spend (like we do) a lot of time and resources on improving and developing player's skills (also if they are already young veterans, like SJ and, for example, also my other proposed developmental project aka Dragan Bender).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who would we let go? Eubanks?
    Metu. He’s shown nothing at the NBA level, and is making about $800K.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have faith we still are going to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At best. Spurs do not need a project SF/PF. They need an immediate contributor.
    In just one sentence you summed up Chinooks point.

Zeus’ too. With the roster Spurs have they can’t afford to take on projects that can’t shoot.

Id rather give opportunities to Keldon for a project wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs going for Carroll at the first opportunity already told us that their prior interest in Stanley has waned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs are missing on a great opportunity for a lottery reclamation project. He has size that is ideal on the wing at 6'6, 240lb, 6'11 wingspan. He can guard big 2's, 3's and 4's. He is committed to defense, he knows how to score but cant shoot. He needs a shooting coach and regain his confidence. To be brought along slowly, like he should have when he came into the league. The Spurs way!.A breakdown to be rebuilt.
    Now, we know the Spurs just drafted Keldon Johnson and signed Demarre Carroll but sometimes a team needs to collect the best talent it can afford that is available. Which, as a former lottery pick he is. Keldon Johnson likely wont play this year in San Antonio, and Demarre Carroll is a stop gap. But the spurs need to develop a star, what better way is to grap as much young talent (lottery) as you can and let compe ion and coaching see what the future holds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting get a feeling all the interest from the Spurs we have heard about the past 2-3 years has been from SJ's agent. A perfect opportunity to sign him this year, especially after going from Restricted to Unrestricted, and still no signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting get a feeling all the interest from the Spurs we have heard about the past 2-3 years has been from SJ's agent. A perfect opportunity to sign him this year, especially after going from Restricted to Unrestricted, and still no signing.
    I think all agents use the Spurs name because of Popovich but nobdy ever signs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the crazy thing is Metu is only 1 year younger than Johnson and can't do anything at an NBA level

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stanley Johnson probably goes to Lakers or Warriors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "we can't break up coffee gang, Chimezie is a great person. There are things more important than winning basketball games"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mezu and mills or belli for a trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be all about moving patty or beli or both to bring him in. It’s goimg to be so depressing to see a 1st quarter lead gone because our second unit of patty, belli and Carroll piss it away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant believe Stanley is still unemployed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d take him over Metu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Replacing Kawhi leonard with Stanley johnson

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at that number we could have been interested...I don't know about Raptors developmental program but I'm sorry he didn't have the chance to try ours...imho this could have been the right time...

Thread Information