Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven’t looked into the details of this, but my dream scenario would be to somehow get rid of Derozan and get Middleton... I do value Derozan but with the rest of our roster, he is redundant and Middleton would be exactly what we need; a shooter that can drive too, SF, not a ball stopper, etc. Not sure how that could work, we would have to give up assets, but... I’m allowed to dream I guess!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Middleton is an expensive downgrade. Pass.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is also a complete “spurs type” of player/high character guy, the only downfall is he just came off his first all-star selection so the Spurs would be buying high I guess... he is also not a real alpha player that will take over games, but again, with the current roster, I think that works...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Middleton is an UFA and Woj reported he's gonna go for a Max deal.That means over 35Mil$.If he was to leave the Bucks it would most certainly not be for the 27Mil$ DeRozan is making.For that price the Bucks keep him and pay him themselves.(Also why would the Bucks want DeRozan if we are talking S&T?)

By the way,on paper Middleton is a good choice at SF,but he has his issues as well.Lethargic,out of focus,uninterested many nights during the season.He's not the "sure thing" or the piece that propels us to contender status.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Downgrade vs who? None of our current SFs... even people mentioning Bojan as an option, Middleton is a much better defender, makes 13M next year while Bojan will probably fetch almost 20M and he is 3 years older... If you meant downgrade vs Derozan, perhaps on some level, but again, Middleton is a natural SF, would allow more playing time for all of our young guards and stretch the floor.

it won’t happen, but I think it would work great and SA has connections with MIL...

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the bucks dont resign Middleton, they are crazy .

He was huge in the playoffs. Giannis not so much.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GUST15. Agreed with his not being the savoir, at 35M, it would be crazy, he is a 2nd or 3rd piece... that’s too much money!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GUST15. Agreed with his not being the savoir, at 35M, it would be crazy, he is a 2nd or 3rd piece... that’s too much money!
    I agree,but that's what the man wants-and an under pressure GM will give it to him.
    As much as a bargain he was at 13Mil per and as much value as he had in helping the Bucks reaching the ECF that's equally how much of a burden he's gonna be at 35 per.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. I didn’t do my homework, 35M is crazy and it does make him a burden. I knew the market for him would be inflated with his contribution of last year but I didn’t think it would be that steep. Call me flaky but at that price tag I completely change my mind, hard pass...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Middleton is a hard pass. Bucks will be ed if they sign him to a max.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sort of like derozan, an expensive player who doesn't move the needle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any contender or playoff team would want him. Only a few can afford him. And we are not one of the few.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not enough salary cap space = can't afford the money. Would not want for the money he will get.

Thread Information